The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26348 posts and counting!
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:34 am

WARNING: I GIVE HARSH OPINIONS AND SPEAK A LOT. BE AWARE.

I would like to take a moment and go on a little rant right now. It's been something in my mind for quite some time, months in fact, and I just want to take some time and let it out. There is a lot of talk about why Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is "so bad". I took this with great consideration and came up with a conclusion that seems to make the most sense out of it. Conclusion: We ruined the game.


Hear me out. When Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare hit the streets, it was actually pretty underrated. It had great reviews, but it wasn't until people starting playing it when they noticed how good the game was. I happened to get the game later than most, around February or so, and I enjoyed playing it for hours.

As I got further in my progress, I noticed the little flaws in the game, which is what every game has. Now, coming into Modern Warfare 2, the arguments and rage came out a lot sooner than almost any game out there. Whether it was videos on YouTube of people who had anger problems or bought the game only to destroy the disc like if that would make any difference. "I paid $60 for this game, and I hate it, let me break the disc and throw my money away rather than sell the game back and get something in return." Ya turds...

Back on topic here. Now even though there were things like Juggernaut, Martyrdom, 3 times Frag Grenades, host disconnection, and etc. people still love the game and praise it. Mind you, I enjoy the game, too, but I definitely do not hate Modern Warfare 2.

Now, you may wonder why I said we ruined the game, well, given the fact we loved CoD4 so much, it began to show up everywhere and was played 24/7. With that, more and more people heard about it and wanted it. Now, lets get to the Modern Warfare 2 flaws so you can see my explanation.


Commando, let's get right to one of the main complaints on the game. A perk in which you can, for 1/16 of a second, become Jesus Reincarnate and lunge with your knife into the enemy, thus killing him by teleporting from a far distance. I will not defend it, but it is just as bad as Juggernaut, Martyrdom, and the range of Frag Grenades. People will have their opinion on it, I'm just giving mine. Now, how did we ruin this? It was ruined by having knife only classes using the combination of Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando. one of the two hated combos in the game. The other being One Man Army and Danger Close.

Which, by the way, was used in the wrong form and I will say should have been altered in some way. Now, lets say you take out OMA and Commando, will you be pleased? Some would say no, because of campers. Now I personally will camp if need be, as in, we are losing, and the enemy team is rushing. Now, if the person who is indeed camping is just using objects in the game to help, all I see is a smart player. The game was never based on running around like chickens with their heads cut off and dying, which is what many "good" players do.

I'll just end this now being that this may be too long for some (that's what she said) and I don't want people to be discouraged on reading this, and hearing my opinion on this Warfare. Pun intended.

We ruined the game because we helped bring the people who don't know how to play, and I'm talking about the people who go 2 and 28 in Team Deathmatch or (from experience) someone go 8 and 84 in Demolition. These were kids, men, teens, who decided to give it a try and end up punishing the people who want to win. We (the CoD community) saw flaws in the game like OMA and used it to get cheap kills and wins. We boosted in the game, which has no purpose, because if I have no fall camo, every attachment, or a nuke, doesn't mean I won't beat you in the game and no one cares about your titles or how many nukes you got. By now, so has everyone else, legitimately or not. We ruined it by not taking the time to look at the positives and just screaming at the negatives. Whether I am alone on this or not, I like MW2 and I'm sticking by it.

Now, you can tell me your opinion, say what you feel, there is no limit, if you think I suck, well, you're honest and I respect that. A game will ALWAYS have flaws, it just takes a good player to ignore it and enjoy the game. You've done it with CoD4, why stop now?

_________________
DOOBLAY!


Last edited by MADMike on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:04 am

MADMike wrote:
WARNING: I GIVE HARSH OPINIONS AND SPEAK A LOT. BE AWARE.

That's what I wish she said.

Anyways I agree with your opinion Mike, if CoD4 never would have existed, MW2 would be the greatest game ever made hands down. I am very bias because to be honest I don't like FPS games very much at all, I just happened to enjoy CoD4 and ended up being pretty good at it, so I never quit. I get pissed at MW2 because other people have ruined the game for me. Every game is nothing but complaining about the game. Sure, CoD4 was the same way, but at this point the only people playing CoD4 are those who actually enjoy and appreciate the game.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
XBUNKERFACEX
4-8Member
4-8Member
avatar

Posts : 389
Join date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:22 am

mike, wtf.?
u even forgot the overpowered UMP! :@
Pretty nice mw2 fails showing there, but it has its good sides, hardcore > no ump45, except liek wtf no radarsz?
oma > SCAR-h class, care much?
oma > scar-h noobtoob, OMG WTF *censored* N00b
oma > lightweight > commando wtf ru using?
marathon lightweight > commando. OMG EFFING RUSHER

marathon is kinda problemsz?
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 22
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:10 am

nuff said
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
thomsonsnipes
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
avatar

Posts : 564
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 19
Location : Why do u want to kinow?

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:25 am

AGREED mikes
Back to top Go down
Michael45
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
avatar

Posts : 944
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 19
Location : Glasgow.

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:07 pm

I never thought about that way. I always shouted when i got OMA'd "stupid *censored* IW, THERE *censored*. Basically, the CoD community saw these problem (E.g OMA, Commando, UMP45, Spas-12) and then made the problems worse. So foolish!!!
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"

avatar

Posts : 3403
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 21
Location : 4-8Forums

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Even still, They are games designers, PAID to make the game as good as they can or they can just half ass it like they did, The fact is that IW have not once tried to balance the unbalanced weapons and fix things like one man army to not reloading equipment or attachments. DICE on the other hand, patched the ONE gun that was overpowerd in Bc2 so to say that we broke the game is a complete joke. Anyway juggernaut isnt nearly as common as painkiller and the Zeus grenades - as dumb as it sounds - make the game slightly tactical as you cant just run any random way, it makes perks like extreme conditioning which was extremely popular at one point useful. Anyway the last thing im going to say is IW dont care if you dont like something because either way, your going to be buying that next CoD game to feel something new and they only care about the money.

Anyway that's just my view and i respect yours Mike so please dont be offended if you feel my views are wrong.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 am

XBUNKERFACEX - Marathon isn't the problem, it's only bad when combined with lightweight, commando, and tac knife. Your opinion and I will respect it.

I do think they should have left it as Extreme Conditioning and maybe added more time in sprint, but it definitely is one of the least problematic perks.

Xo0OJOEYO0oX - I broke down the vid in 6 points being that he separated the video into 6 statements.

1) The knife kills he showed were obvious kills from bad connection. A flaw found in the people who play the game.
2) Host migration is bad to some, or may screw up a game, but I feel in many cases, it's better than the host leaving and the game being done especially if you happen to the kill the host off the start.
3) Painkiller is the only bad death streak, and like I said with Commando, CoD4 had its fair share of flaws in it, Martyrdom, Juggernaut, etc.
4) Spawning has always been bad, maybe he should have said, welcome to Call of Duty. Plus, bad spawns will always happen on a map like Scrapyard.
5) Random Bullshit happens in ANY and EVERY game. It's not bullshit, it's life.
6) Xbox

I respect your argument as well.

Saint570 - Call of Duty have fixed the more important flaws, such as the Javelin Glitch, Care Package Knifing, Infinite Claymores. It's up to the people to choose what to use, if they want to abuse the system and OMA 24/7, by all means allow them, I'm not defending IW and saying this game is perfect, but this is a business and they are the ruling FPS. That's why DICE tries to get shots in and that's why CoD has all the money. IW has to deal with Activision as well, the leading corporate money hogs, so I'm sure, you can't blame everything on IW, even if you want to. I still respect your arguments and thank you for giving me your opinion.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Michael45
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
avatar

Posts : 944
Join date : 2010-04-27
Age : 19
Location : Glasgow.

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:03 am

Saint, i kinda agree with you. IW Know that there is problems yet they can't be bothered to get of there fat ass and try fix it. Every game has flaws (E.g CoD4 - jugg, maty'r WaW - Tanks, dogs MW2 - Too LoNG!!!LOL.) But as game designers they should look out for these flaws and of course patch them. IW patched models and lightweight. Yet they don't patch OMA, Dangerclose, Spas12 UMP45.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:12 am

All in all guys, my whole point was to say that Modern Warfare 2 does not suck, people just expected WAY too much out of it. I still say it's one of the better First Person Shooters out right now.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 22
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:54 am

MADMike wrote:
All in all guys, my whole point was to say that Modern Warfare 2 does not suck, people just expected WAY too much out of it. I still say it's one of the better First Person Shooters out right now.

i bet the people who hacked my k/d feel exactly the same way
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
All in all guys, my whole point was to say that Modern Warfare 2 does not suck, people just expected WAY too much out of it. I still say it's one of the better First Person Shooters out right now.

i bet the people who hacked my k/d feel exactly the same way

Yep, I bet it was Infinity Ward and they're salivating on your awesome stats...

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 22
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 am

MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
All in all guys, my whole point was to say that Modern Warfare 2 does not suck, people just expected WAY too much out of it. I still say it's one of the better First Person Shooters out right now.

i bet the people who hacked my k/d feel exactly the same way

Yep, I bet it was Infinity Ward and they're salivating on your awesome stats...

yup awsome stats -1333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333337
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:21 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
All in all guys, my whole point was to say that Modern Warfare 2 does not suck, people just expected WAY too much out of it. I still say it's one of the better First Person Shooters out right now.

i bet the people who hacked my k/d feel exactly the same way

Yep, I bet it was Infinity Ward and they're salivating on your awesome stats...

yup awsome stats -1333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333337

Besides, don't you also hate MW2? You supplied the vid, think the people as motivation to leave the game. Razz

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 22
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:24 am

MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
All in all guys, my whole point was to say that Modern Warfare 2 does not suck, people just expected WAY too much out of it. I still say it's one of the better First Person Shooters out right now.

i bet the people who hacked my k/d feel exactly the same way

Yep, I bet it was Infinity Ward and they're salivating on your awesome stats...

yup awsome stats -1333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333337

Besides, don't you also hate MW2? You supplied the vid, think the people as motivation to leave the game. Razz

i was being sarcastic T_T
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
All in all guys, my whole point was to say that Modern Warfare 2 does not suck, people just expected WAY too much out of it. I still say it's one of the better First Person Shooters out right now.

i bet the people who hacked my k/d feel exactly the same way

Yep, I bet it was Infinity Ward and they're salivating on your awesome stats...

yup awsome stats -1333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333337

Besides, don't you also hate MW2? You supplied the vid, think the people as motivation to leave the game. Razz

i was being sarcastic T_T

So was I. TT__TT

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 22
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:04 pm

MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
All in all guys, my whole point was to say that Modern Warfare 2 does not suck, people just expected WAY too much out of it. I still say it's one of the better First Person Shooters out right now.

i bet the people who hacked my k/d feel exactly the same way

Yep, I bet it was Infinity Ward and they're salivating on your awesome stats...

yup awsome stats -1333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333337

Besides, don't you also hate MW2? You supplied the vid, think the people as motivation to leave the game. Razz

i was being sarcastic T_T

So was I. TT__TT

Orly
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 22
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:54 pm

just another fail on iws part
in cod4 & 5 they sucked but in this game they dont suck there the best wepon in the game not to menton with danger close
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:10 pm

I've done more damage using Sonic Boom in CoD4 than in MW2, and that's using it fairly. Doesn't matter, I tried to get a fair argument, but apparently MW2 sucks so much, we all own it.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 22
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:19 pm

MADMike wrote:
I've done more damage using Sonic Boom in CoD4 than in MW2, and that's using it fairly. Doesn't matter, I tried to get a fair argument, but apparently MW2 sucks so much, we all own it.

ok then
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:01 pm

What are you proving here? I already stated MW2 is not as bad as people want to cry about. Does ANYONE think about the fact that online multiplayer is only a bonus to the game itself. Call of Duty happens to have a single player. Your k/d is the same there. Very Happy

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:44 am

MADMike wrote:
Call of Duty happens to have a single player.

WHHHHAAAATTTT!?!?!?!?

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 22
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 am

death_unites_us wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Call of Duty happens to have a single player.

WHHHHAAAATTTT!?!?!?!?

its ment to be WAAAT!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
XBUNKERFACEX
4-8Member
4-8Member
avatar

Posts : 389
Join date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:35 pm

MADMike wrote:
3) Painkiller is the only bad death streak, and like I said with Commando, CoD4 had its fair share of flaws in it, Martyrdom, Juggernaut, etc.

Martyrdom isnt as noobish, i like it, the only problem is people rushing and not being on their guard

juggernaut vs stopping power is like no 2nd perk for both players
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:51 pm

XBUNKERFACEX wrote:
MADMike wrote:
3) Painkiller is the only bad death streak, and like I said with Commando, CoD4 had its fair share of flaws in it, Martyrdom, Juggernaut, etc.

Martyrdom isnt as noobish, i like it, the only problem is people rushing and not being on their guard

juggernaut vs stopping power is like no 2nd perk for both players

That also makes every other second perk irrelevant because you always have to have stopping power. Black Ops will solve this, and maybe one thing I look forward to.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2   

Back to top Go down
 
Topic #1 - Modern Warfare 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MADMikeTheKing :: King's Korner-
Jump to: