Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Now, let's be honest, I'm probably the last person who should be talking about the Halo franchise or anything Halo related, but I'm giving it a shot and going with what I know.

When Halo: Combat Evolved first hit, I never actually played it or even cared at the time. I didn't own an Xbox, a good PC, or knew many people who had it, so I just moved on and let it be. Then in 2004, Halo 2 came out and had so much hype and people dying to play it, that I wanted to see what the big deal was. I didn't get to touch the game until 2005, just a little while after the Xbox 360 was released and I happened to have a teacher, who was a gamer, bring it in during the free class week we had before Christmas. There I finally got to see the game and for the time I played it, it was fun, enjoyable, and something different.

I later found a friend who also owned it and we all played the game for quite some time. After a while, the game seemed like a unique FPS and was worth the money, but not worth buying an Xbox for, and I moved on. Yeah, I'm tough like that. After that, I was finally able to play Halo:CE on my computer because of friend who had shown me a link for a free version. I played the game for days, and tried to get the most out of it. Early 2007, my friend said he was thinking about getting Halo 3 being that he recently got an Xbox as a gift, (he's a PS3 guy), and he anticipated getting that. Mind you, I could care less. Smile

Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise Halo-funny

Now, going back to the first two, I'll try to give my opinion on it. Halo:CE had a great campaign and I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's difficulty. Halo 2 had a very bland campaign because it was really all about the multiplayer and succeeded on that front. Now, when Halo 3 arrived, I jumped into the co-op with my buddy and found it to have a mix of challenge, enjoyment, and grunt deaths. Of course, it was a one time thing, because everyone wanted the multiplayer at this point. I too found the campaign to be disappointing after a one time go. It just seemed like they put almost, if not all, their work into the multiplayer, and just left a campaign for shits and giggles.

Now, what disappointed me about Halo 3 was the fact that the multiplayer, in all honesty, felt like just an updated Halo 2. Sure, a few new guns here and there, some armor upgrades, but nothing special. Now, I know many fan boys would say "The game is already perfect, we just added more stuff". I'll let you have your opinion just like I'm stating mine, but I know the game wasn't perfect, if a game was perfect, there wouldn't be a need for a sequel, nor would you be complaining about it as much I have heard in the past, whether it was campaign, multiplayer, or just something people didn't like. I won't be trying to pick at the little stuff and just say it was an okay sequel, but there are many who will agree, Halo 2 was better than 3.

Of course, many stuck to the game because, facing the facts, they waited for this game and are going to play it regardless of its value. Not to try and diminish it, the online value was just as good as the second, but it just didn't feel all that new. You take Halo 2, put a 3, tie a pretty bow onto it, and you have a sequel.

Later on, the wonderful money hogs at Microsoft didn't try to end the Halo series there or even let Bungie do something new, they asked for MOAR!!! Halo Wars was going to be released in 2009...what an abomination, but I'd make a crap game if I worked for Microsoft and they wanted to shove more Halo down the throats of people who wanted more Halo shoved down their throats. It was a different game then what people wanted, and wasn't really well done either. Later that year, Halo:ODST was being released, and much like I said, it was just Halo 3 from a different perspective. Little did I know, it also had the same essence that was Halo 3. Upgrade here and there, but yet again, a game for Bill Gates to get money off of. It didn't go down in value, but it wasn't moving up.

Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise Halo-delivery

If this may shock anyone, I have played them all, and I have played Reach. If this shocks people further, I think Reach was finally a step forward. Maybe the one thing that solved the campaign, was the subtraction of Master Chief (besides the cut scene Easter Egg). It allowed a different perspective on everything, but also a fresh feeling as well. As far as campaign goes, it was addicting, and well done. Multiplayer was another step forward. They had lots of new additions and made it enjoyable and fresh again. Now, is it worth an Xbox, I'm sorry, but no. Being that Activision bought Bungie, they are finally allowing them to make some that isn't Halo and it's working out well. As for Halo, I don't see it continuing and I think it is fair to see it come to an end on a high note. My personal opinion? I feel Halo:CE was the best Halo game and I feel if you were to play any Halo game, it'd be this one. Halo 2 and Reach should get some credit, but never touch Halo Wars, I beg you.

Anyways, this is honestly how I feel about the series and all the games Halo. Everyone has an opinion, and I do not mind if you disagree, if everyone agreed, we'd all be monotonous and extremely boring to say the least.

king
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:05 am

i like you post, alot.

but here's the thing.

is a game EVER worth buying a console for?

you don't just buy a ps3 because you want LBP, or god of war, no. you get the console, and afterward you find out what awesome games it has, it always works like that.

so basically you just buy a console for it's own perks, like XBLA has better online (so-said) but PSN has better accessability, connectivity adn stabilitivity (lol)

that's waht i think about it.

but hey, you played halo CE ? if you want to i'll try to find my user-created maps...
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:23 am

Bloodharbringer wrote:
i like you post, alot.

but here's the thing.

you don't just buy a ps3 because you want LBP, or god of war, no. you get the console, and afterward you find out what awesome games it has, it always works like that.

so basically you just buy a console for it's own perks, like XBLA has better online (so-said) but PSN has better accessability, connectivity adn stabilitivity (lol)

that's waht i think about it.

but hey, you played halo CE ? if you want to i'll try to find my user-created maps...

Well the reason I said that is because of the fact that it's typically the only game that keeps the exclusives for Xbox alive. If it was on both consoles, the only reason anyone would have an Xbox is for console's attraction to the customer and fits that person better. Every other game they have over PS3 is either better on PC or will soon, or already has, defect/defected.

I no longer have CE, I had it quite some time ago on an old PC. If I ever happen to get back into it again, I'll definitely let you know. Smile
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:56 am

Bloodharbringer wrote:

Yes, it is.

Think about it. It's not a question of whether xbox has halo or not, it's the fact that ps3 doesn't. I bet you all that i own that at least some of the people who own xboxs looked at the ps3 and said "it doesn't have halo" and stuck with the xbox. That is one of it's biggest selling points, and the only reason halo isn't on the ps3.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:10 pm

I like Halo, I don't want to say anything else.

I also believe that games are worth buying consoles for, not one specific game, but a group of games. I decided that I wanted a PS3 because of Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, and Final Fantasy 13. Those were the three games that made me want to get a PS3. Oh and I also thought that Resistance would be the sh1t(until I actually got my hands on it). I didn't consider buying an Xbox 360 until after I bought my PS3 because, although Halo is fun in my opinion, that game alone won't make me buy an Xbox 360.

So basically, a single game is not worth buying a console for but a group of games is.

Oh and Halo is fun, stop fuqing hating on it.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:16 am

Blink wrote:
I like Halo, I don't want to say anything else.

I also believe that games are worth buying consoles for, not one specific game, but a group of games. I decided that I wanted a PS3 because of Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, and Final Fantasy 13. Those were the three games that made me want to get a PS3. Oh and I also thought that Resistance would be the sh1t(until I actually got my hands on it). I didn't consider buying an Xbox 360 until after I bought my PS3 because, although Halo is fun in my opinion, that game alone won't make me buy an Xbox 360.

So basically, a single game is not worth buying a console for but a group of games is.

Oh and Halo is fun, stop fuqing hating on it.

I see no hate, I gave my opinion, you have yours, it was fun once or twice, not 6 games of it. People need creativity.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:39 am

Blink wrote:

A single game is not worth buying a console, but a console is worth buying over another if it has the game you want. Wink
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:25 am

MADMike wrote:

I see no hate, I gave my opinion, you have yours, it was fun once or twice, not 6 games of it. People need creativity.

I was referring to pretty much everyone that does hate on it, not you guys.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:54 am

death_unites_us wrote:
Blink wrote:

A single game is not worth buying a console, but a console is worth buying over another if it has the game you want. Wink

Got xbox 360 christmas - 2005.

Got PS3 June 12 - 2008.

MGS4 Release Date - June 12 - 2008

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:39 am

death_unites_us wrote:
Blink wrote:

this is true, but you can't just buy a console because you want a single game (no even if it's halo 1, halo 2 halo 3 halo reach, halo wars halo odst, halo up your ring, and halo (beyonce) ) you do need some kind of list of which games you want to see on the console, so in a way i was kind of wrong in my statement, still you can't buy a console just for one game.

this is why i am not buying a 360, because i only want halo reach, adn it's not worth to buy a console for a single game.

i might aswell buy it for PC, but if i don't want to buy it for PC (bad harddrive, adn i suck on pc most-time) and i'm not going to buy a f*in console, then just forget it and go on with my life..

and saint, i've been practicing on SC4, you're going down.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 pm

So at the end, we've come up with an answer:

A single game is not worth buying a console for but a group of games is and a console is worth buying over another console if it has a game you want.

Translated:

I want an Xbox but I only want Halo for it so I can't get it. I would get an Xbox if it had Halo AND Poke'mon. I have a PS3 because it has Not Halo. Not Halo is really fun.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 pm

I want Not Halo Reach. It has Not Jetpacks. They're sweeeeet! afro

Afro sheeki
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:59 am

Blink wrote:
So at the end, we've come up with an answer:

A single game is not worth buying a console for but a group of games is and a console is worth buying over another console if it has a game you want.

Translated:

I want an Xbox but I only want Halo for it so I can't get it. I would get an Xbox if it had Halo AND Poke'mon. I have a PS3 because it has Not Halo. Not Halo is really fun.

i agree..

but you lost me at Translated:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise   Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise Empty

Back to top Go down

Topic #4 - The Halo Franchise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MADMikeTheKing :: King's Korner-
Jump to: