Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About Final Fantasy XIV

Go down 
+3
death_unites_us
MADMike
Bloodharbringer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
Bloodharbringer

About Final Fantasy XIV Empty
PostSubject: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:48 am

yes, XIV as in fourteen. if you didn't know about it, shame on you

it's coming out on PC at the same time as black ops, and for PS3 around march 2011

now this FINAL FANTASY is like FFXI, as in eleven. it's an MMORPG, adn it will mst frobably have gaming fee.

now i don't want to hear all you lil' kids who have something to say like gaming fee? piss off this is *censored*

i want you serious RPG lovers, FF lovers, and mature people to tell me, are you going to get this game?

i will, because it's an MMORPG on the PS3, and it can't go wrong, and how do i know it won't go wrong? because they did it on the PS2, yes FF XI was on PS2, and one of the greatest MMORPGs ever. it once had a point where it surpassed WoW.

so, who's with me? will you buy this game? and if you are, why?

becasue it's Final fantasy?

because it's an RPG?

Because it's a bloody MMORPG on the PS3! ?

or all of the above.

enjoy this video, it has a bit of gameplay in the end, and that's pure RPG system gameplay, i'm so proud.

Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:40 am

Well, aside from all the reviews for it being average, which I NEVER listen to, I still think it might disappoint, even though it's not on Xbox. Then again, I've never played a FF game, so I'll just put away my opinion for now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 am

I never played 11, but I have played every other FF and I would be dumb not to try this one out. However I will more than likely wait for it to come out on PS3, I'm not much of a PC gamer.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:19 am

I checked the Gamespot review of the PC version of the game last week and to my disappointment, they said that the game was, well, bad. I usually ignore most game reviews but Gamespot does game reviews differently. They are pretty much the only company that goes into deep detail when reviewing a game, unlike IGN(no offense to them).

Now let me get back on topic. Because Gamespot said that the game was disappointing, I'm not sure if I want to buy this game. I do love RPG games very much but after what I saw, I doubt I'll be getting the PS3 version when it comes out. The only way that I'll ever get it is if Square Enix is busting their ass the get this game fixed up right now.

I just hope that the PS3 version will be better.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
About Final Fantasy XIV Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:53 am

Blink wrote:
I checked the Gamespot review of the PC version of the game last week and to my disappointment, they said that the game was, well, bad. I usually ignore most game reviews but Gamespot does game reviews differently. They are pretty much the only company that goes into deep detail when reviewing a game, unlike IGN(no offense to them).

Now let me get back on topic. Because Gamespot said that the game was disappointing, I'm not sure if I want to buy this game. I do love RPG games very much but after what I saw, I doubt I'll be getting the PS3 version when it comes out. The only way that I'll ever get it is if Square Enix is busting their ass the get this game fixed up right now.

You know what they say, you cant spell ignorant without ign.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:14 am

Saint570 wrote:
Blink wrote:

or insignificant.
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:03 am

MADMike wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
Blink wrote:

or insignificant.

or even better, you cant spell BETA without review.

morons. you cant go rating a beta.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 am

Blink wrote:

I completely disagree Blink!

I absolutely HATE Gamespots reviews, they are awful. They rate popular games high and unpopular games poorly, they don't look into the game at all!

Idk about IGN, they are hit and miss, but I can't believe you guys are defending Gamespot, they are terrible.
Back to top Go down
Zizzy626
4-8Member
4-8Member
Zizzy626

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:22 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Blink wrote:

I completely disagree Blink!

I absolutely HATE Gamespots reviews, they are awful. They rate popular games high and unpopular games poorly, they don't look into the game at all!

Idk about IGN, they are hit and miss, but I can't believe you guys are defending Gamespot, they are terrible.
I agree with death, for the most part. Just because a big company doesn't like it doesn't mean you shouldn't get it. Like, lets say gamespot didn't like....lets say MGS. Saint would still love it, because he always did. Same with FF. If the person reviewing it Hated mmo's and rates it a 4, what if someone else Loves mmo's and rated it an 8?The only way to truly find out is to play it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:44 pm

I don't base all the games I want to get from Gamespot reviews. I will know if I want a game or not and reviews won't stop me from getting them. Gamespot is known for giving very detailed reviews about games and I truly trust what they say about a game for the most part. If there is a game that I'm not too sure about, I'll check the Gamespot review for more of an insight into the game.

@ Death:
I respect your opinion but I'm still sticking with Gamespot because I feel that their reviews are more in-depth than IGN reviews. I enjoy reading IGN reviews and watching their review videos but, for me, it's Gamespot all the way

@ Zizzy:
Companies wouldn't purposely get someone who doesn't like a specific game genre to review a game of that genre. They would get someone in that area of gaming to review the game or get a chief editor to review it.

skip to 1:11
Back to top Go down
Zizzy626
4-8Member
4-8Member
Zizzy626

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Thats not what i meant, But isnt this Forum 4get the H8rs?
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Zizzy626 wrote:

Naw.
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Saint570 wrote:
Zizzy626 wrote:

Naw.

exactly its h8 the 4geters
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:20 am

Blink wrote:
I don't base all the games I want to get from Gamespot reviews. I will know if I want a game or not and reviews won't stop me from getting them. Gamespot is known for giving very detailed reviews about games and I truly trust what they say about a game for the most part. If there is a game that I'm not too sure about, I'll check the Gamespot review for more of an insight into the game.

@ Death:
I respect your opinion but I'm still sticking with Gamespot because I feel that their reviews are more in-depth than IGN reviews. I enjoy reading IGN reviews and watching their review videos but, for me, it's Gamespot all the way

@ Zizzy:
Companies wouldn't purposely get someone who doesn't like a specific game genre to review a game of that genre. They would get someone in that area of gaming to review the game or get a chief editor to review it.

skip to 1:11

I respect your opinion too, and they may have in depth reviews, but I personally don't like their reviews because the staff seems to hate the type of game I love. I suppose you probably like games that they like, therefor you match up to their reviews, where I tend to think the opposite because I don't have the same interests as them.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:50 am

Well, I guess what you said is true. We all have different opinions on different games and everyone will have to respect that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Final Fantasy XIV   About Final Fantasy XIV Empty

Back to top Go down

About Final Fantasy XIV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Consoles :: Playstation Zone-
Jump to: