The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26348 posts and counting!

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What Sensitivity do you use?
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
15%
 15% [ 3 ]
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
10%
 10% [ 2 ]
15%
 15% [ 3 ]
15%
 15% [ 3 ]
15%
 15% [ 3 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
10 (Pro)
25%
 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
keroberus2
New User
New User

PostSubject: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:46 pm

This is a topic which has always been of interest to me.

The sensitivity on the PC is completely variable, depending on the speed you move your mouse, and the ease to change the Dpi. This varies slightly to consoles, as there are only 10 settings compared to however many your mouse can handle.

The starting sensitivity is 2. To most, it feels adequate, it doesn't take long to get used to and you can aim adequately to pop people in front of you. However, this is still a fairly slow movement, and has downfalls for rotating your character, so people who use this sensitivity tend to be the ones that camp, or move around slowly, looking one way all the time, most probably zoomed in (Speaking from experience, no offense intentional if this is not you.)

This would therefore suggest a slightly higher sensitivity would be more ideal. When going from 2-> 3, it does not originally feel right, if 2 is just right for you, and your aim might be slightly off. This caused a lot of my friends to stop increasing sensitivity at around 3-5, meaning that they had slightly faster rotation and could pop people with slightly more leniency from left to right.

I however, was not satisfied. People behind me still had infinite priority; no matter what I did, unless there was a convinient dumpster or ally to protect me, I'd die. So I spent around 2 months gradually increasing my sensitivity, until I hit 10, around May 09. To this very day, I have used 10, the maximum sensitivity, and it has been the best investment in game I have ever done, better than learning spray spots, camp spots, the works. My friends have actually had to turn away from the screen in SnD while spectating me because rather than turning smoothly, I use sharp, instant turns and it gives them all headaches, even one of my friends who uses 7. I've used it to the extent that if I use 8, it feels slow, and I feel almost depressed with the feeling that my character takes so long to turn round. Watching montages, or friends playing on 2-5, the turning is painful to watch.

However, if I am shot from behind, I flick the camera 180degrees instantly, and it's level ground, a lot of the time I will win. As I have used this sensitivity for so long, if I see you, my red dot will be on you instantly, and if you're ambushing me from the side/behind, I'll aim at you just as fast. My accuracy while ADS has increased tremendously, and I highly recommend everyone to get to that sensitivity.

The only downside to this phenomenon known as dedication, is that up close, hip spray requires a lot more precision with your analogue stick. This took me a very long time to get to grips with, and now no issues with it occur. If you push your analogue stick 30 degrees left instead of 25 degrees left, that could be the difference between completely missing your opponent, or that Tactical Nuke.

So after this long pondering in which not many of you will have the patience to read, as I'm an insignificant being to this forum, I open the following questions to you all:

1)What sensitivity do you use?
2)Have you tried others, and why do you use what you use?
3)What do you think would be the best sensitivity overall to use in-game?

I hope you respond. I am intrigued to see what the rest of the community think of this rarely debated topic.

~Keroberus2~
Back to top Go down
CNicol11
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:51 pm

I use the sensetivity its set at when you get the game - I don't change it.
Back to top Go down
keroberus2
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:54 pm

CNicol11 wrote:
I use the sensetivity its set at when you get the game - I don't change it.

How do you tolerate 2? Do you not get annoyed knowing that people behind you have free kills? Do you not wish that you had a way to counteract their fire, other than running away and hoping for the best?

I'm not trying to convince you to change your sensitivity, "whatever floats your boat." I'm just intruiged to see the psychology behind the people's minds.
Back to top Go down
CNicol11
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Well in COD4 I changed it to suit what gun I used and ended up *censored* it up and shitting up my k/d ratio(sorry for the bad language i'm in the middle of an arguement on MSN XD) So I tend just to leave it now and just take the annoying kills that happen to me and ajust my game depending on my current score.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:51 pm

I'll have to check which sensitivity I use.

I too decided a long time ago I would constantly move up the scale. But for some reason I stopped at a certain point, because I started playing very well I guess, so I never changed it again. I believe it was 7.

I honor your dedication, and your explanation, and you aren't insignificant at all ;P

<3 death

And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:55 pm

I stayed at the default sensetivity. There was no need for me to ever change it (unless of course death had a video that required the sensetivity to be "tweaked").

With a K/D of 1.98? You can't go wrong. At least me, anyway.
Back to top Go down
keroberus2
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Alivad wrote:

haha. The way I play, most of the people I kill are either to my left/right, or behind me, as I sprint too much, i'll run past their spawn and have to take emergency actions to get them again.

So yeah, YOU can't go wrong with that sensitivity Wink. Played a game on 2 since I made this thread, got 5-17 LOL. Went back up to 10, got 31-4 =P.
Back to top Go down
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:17 pm

keroberus2 wrote:
Alivad wrote:

haha. The way I play, most of the people I kill are either to my left/right, or behind me, as I sprint too much, i'll run past their spawn and have to take emergency actions to get them again.

So yeah, YOU can't go wrong with that sensitivity Wink. Played a game on 2 since I made this thread, got 5-17 LOL. Went back up to 10, got 31-4 =P.

It's more of a preference than anything. I personally say that it's just how much focus you input while playing. Since you mentioned your last game, I may as well mention mine. 50-4 in Afghan using a silenced AK-47. I know you didn't list the gun but I just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone was wondering (which may be none).
Back to top Go down
keroberus2
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:20 pm

[quote="Alivad"]
keroberus2 wrote:
Alivad wrote:

50-4 in Afghan using a silenced AK-47.

How is the AK-47 on this game? I've picked it up once with a silencer, and got one kill on it before SND finished, so I can't really be too sure about it, but from what i've seen, it looks really good.

I used (starting)M16/(secondary for a few kills)PP2000/(Picked up when I ran out of bullets for my M16) FAL.

Sick ratio also =O.
Back to top Go down
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:26 pm

[quote="keroberus2"]
Alivad wrote:
keroberus2 wrote:
Alivad wrote:

50-4 in Afghan using a silenced AK-47.

How is the AK-47 on this game? I've picked it up once with a silencer, and got one kill on it before SND finished, so I can't really be too sure about it, but from what i've seen, it looks really good.

I used (starting)M16/(secondary for a few kills)PP2000/(Picked up when I ran out of bullets for my M16) FAL.

Sick ratio also =O.

It works real well. It is surprisingly better (in my opinion) in terms of power than any other assault rifle. The recoil can be a pain though if you're not careful, so I suggest firing it in short bursts. It's fire rate can be some trouble. It shoots a bit slower than the M4 carbine and tends to get you in a pickle if surrounded. But I guess that's what the sensetivity is for.

I highly recommend it. I now understand the reason behind the fact that it would need to be unlocked at the highest level (Lv. 70). It has power and accuracy (in my opinion). It works so well that I end up using its iron sights.
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
You will make this my new veteran comment

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 am

I got set on 6.
sometimes 5, but mostly 6.
so i voted 6.
Back to top Go down
psn:keka42
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:00 am

i have been using the same sensitivity (medium),but ill try a different one, which one should i start with (except medium)
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:10 am

I use the default. Works for me.

Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:52 pm

MADMike wrote:
I use the default. Works for me.

Finally.

I thought for sure that I was the only guy who uses default.
Back to top Go down
StrikerZX
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:55 am

I use 10 sensitivity cuz it hella saves me in many occasions
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lightningx65
Michael45
4-8Fan
4-8Fan

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:07 pm

i use medium sensitivity but when im sniping i take it up to 6-7.
Back to top Go down
ThePeep11
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:49 pm

I use 7 i find it comfortable but not to sensitave
Back to top Go down
Michael45
4-8Fan
4-8Fan

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:49 pm

thats what she said.
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:52 pm

i use 10 belive it or not i always use to play on 2
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
wilzoe
4-8Fan
4-8Fan

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:56 pm

i play on 8
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/TehWilzoe
XBUNKERFACEX
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:51 am

keroberus2 wrote:

The sensitivity on the PC is completely variable, depending on the speed you move your mouse, and the ease to change the Dpi. This varies slightly to consoles, as there are only 10 settings compared to however many your mouse can handle.

My dad has a Touchscreen (Packard bell, newest) Computer and its really awesome to play MW2 on, theres a guy and you don't have to move your mouse, and if an object (irl , not in MW2) is in the way for the mouse, you can move with your screen

but on PS3 i use 8, idk why but for sprays Smile
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 am

Just to let you know, 2 is medium sensitivity. I play on 6-10 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?   

Back to top Go down

What is the most efficient Sensitivity? What do you use?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Gaming :: The Call of Duty Franchise-
Jump to: