Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3

Go down 
+2
death_unites_us
MADMike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3   Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:51 am

Alright, by the time you guys read this, you probably have already known or heard, but Modern Warfare 3 is "scheduled" to be released this November. Extremely early to be announced, and I feel it's also extremely early to have released as well.

Here's my issue, with Jason West and Vince Zampella gone, taking a chunk of IW with them, leaves Infinity Ward vulnerable to...how do I put this lightly? F*ck up.

As I've said to my local friends, who play with me a majority of the time I'm playing Call of Duty, I feel like it's still not as big a deal as people would assume. Everyone knows, when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me. I digress.

With them gone, it doesn't leave as big as a hole as if they were developing a single-player trilogy that was a hit and now has the final chapter in the balance. They just took people who helped put it all together. 99.98% of the people that buy Call of Duty spend 99.98% of the time in multiplayer. If the solo campaign in the next game was garbage and the multiplayer was just a fixed version of MW2, I can care less, I'll take it. To this very day, I am one of the few who enjoyed MW2, through the good and the bad because I never over hyped it and never expected something to beat CoD4. Like I said as well, CoD4 had it's huge flaws that people ignored, just like I ignored in MW2. At least for most of the time, anyways.

For the first time, I will ask a question here.

If you could have a multiplayer that contained balanced perks, fair maps, good guns and kill streaks, and an average campaign all in a game named Call of Duty, would you buy it?

Now, before you answer, there's more to it. Would you get it if you found out Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer are going to work together to make the single-player, whilst Raven Software, the makers of Singularity made the multiplayer?

Did your answer change? I know in my head I began to think about it. Sledgehammer is still working on their Call of Duty title, but it seems like Infinity Ward is somewhat handicapped and can't do too much of the game themselves. Raven Software I'm sure could have probably done a good job for single player, given their underrated title known as Singularity had a good-solid story to it. Would you now risk it and get the game, knowing, at this point, that a lot can change?

I still believe that once I get more details and information on the game in due time, I'll change my mind, but for now, it's just a waiting game.

To beef up my topic here, I'm going to quickly give a rundown, off the top of my head, of what to change and what to stay.

1. For the love of God, get rid of Second Chance/Last Stand. Please. Please?
2. Keep the balanced gun style and just add more choices.
3. Make better maps.
4. Leave customizable emblems and better customizable character models.
5. Either remove the COD Points style or remove the unlockable style. Don't leave both or remove both. No one wants to have to unlock the gun then pay for it, that's what you call a load of monkey dung.
6. Do not bring back the Nuke.
7. Bring in zombie mode, or something more entertaining than Spec Ops.
and probably the most important
8. Pay attention to your game...which shouldn't be hard since there are three different companies working on it.

Want my list on what to add?
1. Nothing
2. Simplicity works
3. Maybe customizable gun camos.
4. No tanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3   Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:04 am

I only have 3 questions:

1. Why so early?
2. Why does single player still exist in the franchise?
3. WHERE IN THE MOTHER FCKING HELL IS ALL THE DLC
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 Default6

PostSubject: Re: Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3   Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:14 am

iw would be listening more the community after the noob tube commando now hax
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3   Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:27 pm

They should make a simple FPS game like Counter-Strike. Simple and fun.

They should also rename the game to Call of Duty: Future Warfare because, lets face it, Modern Warfare 2 was a bit too modern. I've never even heard of a heart beat sensor until the game came out.

Lets assume that they end up renaming the game to Future Warfare. They better have guns that shoot lasers and donuts!
Back to top Go down
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member
Alivad

PostSubject: Re: Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3   Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 pm

How about instead of trying to make a game fun instead of being overly convoluted, go back to the Modern Warfare days where we didn't have two weapon attachments and the killstreaks weren't as hellish and overpowered.

Hell, I'd buy it as long as its fun. I want my Modern Warfare days back. At least then I had fun and actually liked the COD series more than I do now.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3   Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 am

Alivad wrote:
How about instead of trying to make a game fun instead of being overly convoluted, go back to the Modern Warfare days where we didn't have two weapon attachments and the killstreaks weren't as hellish and overpowered.

Hell, I'd buy it as long as its fun. I want my Modern Warfare days back. At least then I had fun and actually liked the COD series more than I do now.

Lol, i actually would like 3 gun attachments excluding noob toob. It would be really cool if you could get the M4 you get during CoD4's story mode online the one with the big ass EOTech sight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3   Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Topic #10 - Modern Warfare 3
Page 1 of 1