Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King

Go down 
+2
Saint570
MADMike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King Empty
PostSubject: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:56 am

Given about 1-2 people may read this, including myself, I'm speaking my mind, which sometimes leads to bad things. Meh, I'll live.

1. Campaign is the worst one in a long time, ever, for any game. I rather play 24 hours of a Dora the Explorer flash game than sit through that 4 hour campaign all over again.

2. Co-op is random, short, and like most of the game, boring as all hell. Unless you play with someone you know, trying to complete a handful of the missions....which is all the missions, becomes so tedious and frustrating, that the game continues to shoot itself in the foot. There was never a point in the missions, where I was entertained what so ever.

3. Multiplayer is only "good" on PC, because that's what they designed Battlefield 3 around. On both consoles, the game runs poorly, the campers are legitimately the worst group in all of gaming, and the game lacks variety. There are very few game modes, the maps only get bigger and smaller for said game modes, and you'd be lucky not to get kicked out of EA's laggy, untrustworthy servers.

4. In the history of gaming, no game was good just off graphics, and even this game had sub-par graphics on the 360. I don't care if you like how the light shines so well on the prostitute corner, or how many pimples you can see on that man's face, gaming will never be defined by how pretty things look. Even til this day, people continue to play classic games, why, because of the entertainment value and enjoyment they bring, not because I can see everything so well. I can play Pokemon, Pac-Man, Tetris, Super Mario Bros, and other games just because they were fun, long lasting, and enjoyable, which are direct opposites of Battlefield and what it offers.

5. These so called Battlefield die-hards that still play it online now, don't know teamwork if it slapped them in the ass and said "Hey baby, I'm teamwork!". Even if I tried the most objective based game modes, which isn't much, and asked for ammo or health, no one gives a damn, and carries on doing sexual activities in the corner of the map with his friend who continues to give him ammo so they can both camp behind a rock and hope the team does it all. Those people are all to busy being prone in a bush, sniping on a rock 200 meters from the objective, flying a jet because everyone knows how useful they are aside from sending you to your destination as fast as possible, which is rarely what it's used for.

6. Marketing a game to compete with another franchise, which only similarities are the fact they both fight in modern times and are FPSs, was the dumbest thing EA/Dice did because they failed to attack the main market for which CoD gets it's millions from, the console. Don't market yourself as the CoD Killer, when you can only deliver, half-assed mind you, on the PC. Also, now with the announcement of Battlefield 4, everyone should welcome Battlefield into the hated mode because it will now have, basically, yearly releases, which is even worse given BF3 was almost a direct copy of BFBC2 multiplayer wise. This is also another thing people ignore, the fact that most game franchises repeat things they've done before, including BF3. This time though, they didn't change much at all except graphics. The amount of *censored* CoD gets on a daily bases is hilarious given those same people will still play CoD, and even play it more than BF3, but give it *censored* just because some things have been carried over. IW, which had so many people cut from the company, delivered a better game then a fully-intact Dice team. They should just make more Mirror's Edge and stop trying to compete.

7. They even went as far as to try and make a peace-offering to the CoD developers as soon as they saw BF3 not sell as much as they had previously expected. Way to back down from all your tough talk and ego trip.

I can go into more detail, and believe me, I probably will, but I am done for now and stated my main points here that seem to be completely ignored because of the fact that many people were let down by the EA/Dice tandem, that they decided to try and push the only thing they enjoyed over the massive flaws. I'm a little upset that I bought the damn game, and it's completely worthless to me, no matter how much hype was put into it. The only thing it gives me is the right to talk about it, because I do in fact own it. Now it'll go to the bottom of my gaming pile, along with Spiderman 3 and Haze, two games I still enjoy from time to time.

Conclusion: BF3, far from perfect, and the only thing it killed was itself.

Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EPIC-FAIL
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 pm

I have no idea why everyone is saying the campaign is so bad.

This is CoD

Player Map/Level End of Level/goal

O -------------------------------------------------------------- X
-I-
^ -------------------------------------------------------------- X

This is Battlefield

Player Map/Level End of Level/goal

O -------------------------------------------------------------- X
-I-
^ -------------------------------------------------------------- X

They're boring, you just walk and shoot with literally no cinematic or exciting moments. Sure a helicopter might come down or something but its hardly anything thats done well because it doesnt give you any emotion or excitement. Walk shoot and repeat. DOOM is *censored* awesome because it has so much hidden levels and the guns are all fun to use. Deus Ex is fun because of all the things and ways you can do to complete the objective. Neither of these things both games have. Battlefield does however have a kick ass looking train introduction level. Cant say much about BF3's story but *censored* it's a video game, who cares whats possible.... you think blops was possible...?

Cant comment on Co-Op

Multiplayer is amazing on PC. The feeling of the weapons is alot better in BF3 than CoD, all the subtle details come together and create a much better feel like whilst crawling the animations feels *censored* bad ass, the recoil and the guns sounds are awesome, the look of the guns and all the unlocks are great, very well balance too. The game runs poorly on consoles but tbh who isnt surprised? It's dated as *censored* hardware which needs to be upgraded. DX9 1024X768 2005/6 machines, lolololololololololol. The campers in MW2 were the worst EVER ELPRESADOR RIPPED DOWN TREES BECAUSE OF THEM. The gamemodes are limited but it makes sense, who would have capture the flag in BF. It's not that type of game. It's largescale capture the objective modes and team death match for lolcows.

Yet again, i aint surprised it doesnt run nicely on consoles they are too dated for Frostbite 2.0. ofc graphics dont make a game but it's obviously pleasing to the eye to look at something pretty. The graphics are amazing anyway and the animations are good too unlike Toy of duty.

LOL BF Diehards on PS3, I doubt that very much. All the die hards are over on the PC since 1942. Half of the people you were playing with I BET were Call of duty babbys who were like "OGM YEAHSSH BFF3 WIL OWBN MW3333!!!" Even though they've done the same twice already and are still so retarded they do the same. Play it after christmas then we'll see. I got hell of alot of kits when i played BC2 PS3.
Bush Wookies are a problem but Recon limits fix that.

People hate on CoD for having the same engine since 2004, dont start the all engines are just upgraded arguement. If you want to use that logic then fine we're all still playing on the unreal and quake engines.

Robert Bowling and Whoever the BF3 equivalent is had banter on twitter AGES before the release of both games.

Skill level is far higher too, CoD is too *censored* easy.

Gotta love how Activision Bribe the critics to praise the *censored* out of IW's games.

Blops and BC2 Flaws : TOO SHORT. REALLY?
Blops flaw : Not enough change
MW3 Flaw : Ummmm. 9/10!

IGN (C)
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:56 pm

On a side note, 80 bucks over paypal to anyone who can ship me a copy of MGS HD Colleciton from USA. *censored* Konami.
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:07 pm

I disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign on both, and normally get very team based people on mp. You may just be unlucky.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:15 pm

To saint: Yes they are both boring, but MW3 actually focused a good part of production on the campaign as well as multiplayer. BF3 was focused on multiplayer for the most part which made the campaign short and lacking of a good plot. MW3 will always be a basic IW plot, but it's a good story and continues to make good use of characters most people are familiar with. Playing for the first time, I enjoyed MW3 first hour more than the whole campaign of BF3 just because the characters were dull and the plot seemed too generic. IMO.

As I said, BF3 is very good on PC, which it should be, but even something so "advanced" should not run as badly as it does on PS3. I can't say the same for the Xbox because it's hardware is pretty old. I understand that Dice tried to work their best with the consoles, even giving PS3 more time than being bias to it, which worked for the most part graphically, but BF has always been stiff and awkward on PS3 because it is a PC game. Much like most Valve games don't port well to consoles, (aside Portal 2 which was worked on the consoles as well), BF3 just isn't meant for consoles. This is exactly why I said this is not better than CoD. CoD is a console game, but it never tried to compete with BF on PC or even on consoles, it stayed focused to the game, and I can safely say MW3 is a great game in all modes, not just multiplayer, which seems to be what everyone judges games on these days.

The animations are far from good on consoles, which is the recurring point that it's a PC game and not a console. MW3 runs well and does just fine, their engine has always been fluid when it comes to animations and gameplay. Fantastic graphics is a luxury, not a necessity, much like having a console, controller, and TV is a need, but having a 60" plasma is not. MW3 did well for having a broken office and shared productions. More than well.

BF diehard isn't someone who played since the beginning of time, not everyone who currently plays on PC was born early enough to play the games back when they were out. Some people grew to enjoy BF on PS3 because they didn't have the money or the luxury of a good computer to run games on and most likely, had friends on PS3 already who also enjoy the game. Thinking someone has to be a die hard only on PC just because the game started on the PC makes you narrow-minded. If that was the case, death can't be a die hard of Bioshock like he is, because it began on Xbox.

All franchises have upgraded engines, end of story.

Robert Bowling kissed BF ass on twitter, then after BF3 released and was doing not as they hoped in sales (but still well) the BF3 representative tried to offer a "peace treaty" even though he was the only one trying to make this into a competition, which clearly was not.

Don't even start that *censored* about skill level. I easily play both BF3 and MW3, and I consider myself good at both games. Maybe not in your eyes, or in other's eyes, only because I am judged on what I put on YouTube. I do well in both and I see players who do bad in both. If BF was "hard" and CoD is "easy" then you and countless others wouldn't play it for years and make montages because of how easy it is. That would just admit that fact you played an easy game for 4 years before you moved to another game. When you play a game enough and enjoy it, you get good at it, and this works on both sides, not just one.

Activision didn't bribe anyone, Sledgehammer asked for people who enjoyed the game to rate it higher on exactly what they thought of it, not give it a 10 and pretend it was fantastic. A new game company who spent a good amount of time helping a developer make a much anticipated sequel to have trolls, probably someone like yourself at this point, rate the game below a 2 is more than unfair. As much as someone could hate MW3, it deserves higher than a user rating of 2. That's the biggest load of trolls if I ever saw one and a big bunch of butt-hurt BF3 fans. Yes, people have a right to their opinion, much like I do and you do, but rating a game a 2 because you can't let go of the fact it's a good game to others or sells a lot is far from stupid. I'm sure if everyone rated Battlefield a 3 you'd be here bitching about all the CoD people that did it. This works both ways, don't use double standards in your arguments.

Until you decide to stop kissing ass of a game company that obviously choked, and realize that the world doesn't revolve around your misguided "facts", is the sooner you see life is more important than both games and that Uncharted 3, Batman, and Skyrim are waiting.

I'm just stating my opinion, if it sounds heated, then I apologize, just a little angry how these past few months have been nothing but arguing over two mediocre war games and not on actual good games.

To gggfrt: Probably lol, I just summarized a good bunch of games which is why I only play TDM at this point because it relies less on team work. I'm just bitter that a game heavily based on team work lacks good team players, but it's unfair for me to judge it on a few games. I'm just a little angry I bought it, which I only did so people can't say I'm a fanboy. Turned out to be a bust for me. :\
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:11 pm

I gave the game a 6/10 for alright but the same old gameplay, you probably didnt even see my post on the other thread if thats what you're saying... Fs whats even wrong with 6, i gave BF an 8....

Also "die-hard" seems to make me picture someone who is a vet of the series. Obviously death is a die hard fan of Bioshock, he got it when it was available for PS3 and has loved it since and has played from the first game.

I aint *censored* kissing the ass of any company, looks more like you're the one kissing Activisions ass here. Infact, you're the one who starts complaining as soon as someone such as Joey says they dont like the game. I aint the one who made a thread entirely to why a game sucks not giving any positive points. Again, look at my previous post on the other thread...

Mhmm, i'm the troll here. Ofcourse. 2/10 totally when i've given it a 6. Yep. Time to make a Why MW3 Sucks thread because thats not trolling.

I've already completed Uncharted 3, i'm in the process of starting my road to the platinum right now.
Skyrim is released in a few days, i'll get it once my PC is fixed.
Konami has royally fucked me over and i'll be getting the HD Collection. Platinum too.

Infact, BF3 is the game i pretty much least want to play out of what i'm getting right now.....

Arguing? debate.

"The best shooter on consoles - CoD" - Saint570.
I'm a *censored* troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trolololol. -__________-

"The world doesnt revolve around you're misguided facts" What the *censored* is that meant to mean.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:47 pm

I never said anything is wrong with a 6, I said having trolls give it a 2 is unfair.

Like I said, you can be a die-hard fan of Battlefield on PS3. With your exact definition, your LOLing about die-hards on PS3 is now a wasted statement.

Believe me, you are kissing ass big time, because almost every topic about CoD or BF, you were giving all this talk about graphics, how the game is superior, and how it will kill CoD. I'm not the guy who made a topic about how amazing CoD is like you did with BF3 now am I? Yet again, double standard. I am defending CoD, because it gets so much *censored* from people who gave this company the money and bought more and more games and played for hours, just to try and act high and mighty when they finally do decide to stop playing it.

I would absolutely make a why MW3 sucks thread, when the occasion arises, but your messiah of a game was the first to let me down and on a constant basis, I'm not the one who all of sudden decides CoD sucks after playing it for years. You are. I bought BF3 to give it a chance, and even if I did make a topic on why it sucks, I have an opinion, one you posted about it several times and I didn't need to take it down or remove your right to post it, I only debated with it, which seems to happen a lot, because we have different thoughts about it.

Not once have I said CoD looks beautiful, it's gonna be the greatest thing, it's the best, 10/10. All I have been saying is that BF3 is not some godsend of a game and it shouldn't be praised before it's release. The way you talked about it, it's as if you thought it was a masterpiece for war games, and now you say you gave it an 8. I never even said it's the worst game I owned, or gave it a rating, I said it was a let down and needed work on the consoles. I said it was a great game on PC and PC only.

If I was a fanboy, I'd blindly support CoD without any facts or any points given to BF. I do think BF is a solid game overall, but on PC it's where it belongs, and it's far from a CoD killer.

Yeah, I do look like I argue with Joey, but I find it ironic he says it sucks and he bought the game, too. Even if he didn't buy it, why play a game you think is a clone? What exactly is the point? I give everyone *censored* here, that's how I tend to be, if you know how I am with death, I'll debate on anything, anything, anything, like *censored* tuna, or a bendy straw, gives me something to do.

I don't mean malice in what I say, we're just debating, and we both feel strongly about what we say, which is a fantastic thing. I love people who speak their mind and back it up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 am

im a starting to enjoy the mw3 online the speicalistkillstreaks are the only thing doing it for me
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
tobiasbae
4-8Member
4-8Member
tobiasbae

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Only like da jets if mw3 had jets i would like it airplaned Very Happy
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:43 pm

I loved hearing "*censored*" in the background at the end. Then I saw the headset. Then I loved it even more.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:17 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
https://youtu.be/angLynKE3OY?t=13m26s

Is that Demon or Dark Souls, i know it says Demon but it could just be a typo. I'm thinking about getting it but until then Skyrim, BF3, TF2 and Minecraft are seriously all amazing games.

oh and the headset made me lmfao
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:22 pm

i rarely play anymore but when i do play bf3 C4+Buggy+Drive Full speed at tank+ get out+detonate=win
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:13 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
i rarely play anymore but when i do play bf3 C4+Buggy+Drive Full speed at tank+ get out+detonate=win

I play quite alot of BF3, i have to say though, PC Edition sounds alot better than console. I've not had any of the glitches people have and 64 player Operation Metro is just easily the most fun i've had on multiplayer games for ages. Love all the vehicles and maps too i just think overall the games amazing, on consoles it wouldnt be as fun just because it's not 60fps and the player limit sounds pretty low unless they shorten some of the large maps. I'll admit CoD is the better game to play on console but for PC Battlefield is the way to go Smile

I have alot of nice clips Razz
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 pm

My only complaints about this game are the fkin lighting which at times makes it look like *censored*, inside enviroments look WAY better and I ALWAYS GET PUT IN THE *censored* TEAM. My W/L is like 0.78 because i ALWAYS get put into an awful team where i'm going top 5, defending the M-COMS and *censored* for brains titty nibblers are blobbin around the *censored* middle of the map like its TDM. I play BC2 over it because of the f*ckin teams i get put into, just makes the game stressful.

Oh and to comment on what i said above, i've played it on PS3 it's aight but its not nearly as good as the PC version, not being an elitist here it's just the truth and also BenExell Commented saying the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King   Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Battlefield 3 Sucks by Michael The Mad King
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Gaming :: The Battlefield Franchise-
Jump to: