The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26347 posts and counting!

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Motivates You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8

PostSubject: What Motivates You?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:34 pm

I had an interview yesterday in which three people threw questions at me about my life, what I would do in difficult situations, and how I view myself as a person. It was tough, but one question in particular left me speechless for a moment. I'm usually really good at answering questions. Give me 2 seconds and I'll give you a professional sounding answer to any question that an interviewer can throw out. But this was the one question that I simply did not have an answer for:

What motivates you?

Sounds simple enough, but as I thought about it I realized that I have no idea what motivates me. I feel as if there's a million things that altogether forces me to move on. When they asked the question, a bunch of things ran through my mind, and I didn't want to ramble, because one important thing about interviews is to sound confident about every answer, so I decided to grab the biggest motivator in my life, which happens to be Jenn. So I talked about her, what she has done for me, and how she motivates me today.

But on the drive home I started to think about all those other motivators and how they take part in my life. As I work out, or study for a test, or go through a stressful time, I often tell myself that I have to get through it to become a better person. So, to answer the original question of what motivates me, I guess my motivation is to just be a better person, both for me and for other people, and the main motivator for that thought is Jenn.

So think about it, what motivates you? What do you think about in that time of stress in order to push through? What gets you off that couch and into the world to make a successful living one day?

And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:43 pm

nothing really im lazy :3 not really a good answer i know but theres nothing i can think of so that must mean in generally lazy Wink
and the only thing that really tells me to stop being lazy is me Razz but im to lazy to do that LAZYCEPTION!
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
gggfrt
"gg"

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I like to see other people happy. And to coincide with that, I like to help someone who is unhappy. It just makes me feel like I actually do something.
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:43 pm

i've been thinking about this all day and the only think i that motivates me is my friends im not going to go into detail because it would be really long
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:51 pm

I think about what I can have in my future if I push forward, like a family and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww, edits.

People i love. + Music.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
i've been thinking about this all day and the only think i that motivates me is my friends im not going to go into detail because it would be really long

This has motivated me too, mostly with 4-8. 4-8 Probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for my extreme passion for helping people. I have a friend that once told me that this is the motivation for her life, though. If she couldn't help other people, she would not have a reason to live.

Rafix wrote:
I think about what I can have in my future if I push forward, like a family and whatnot.

This was my #1 motivation back in high school. When I graduated, I started to look at myself and how I could better myself, so that I could provide for my future family, but back in high school I thought about was having a family one day. I didn't care how I was or my well being, I just wanted a family that I could take care of.

And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:10 am

So, I thought about it more. But I forgot to post it. So here it is.

I don't know exactly how to say it, but I hope you guys will understand it.

Everything that inspires me motivates me to become an inspiration to at least one person. Whether it be through my art, Voice Acting, Animating, Commentating, or god knows what I'll be doing.

For example. Pixar movies have inspired me and made me happy for as long as I can remember, which is one of the main reasons I hope to work there someday.

It's weird, and I don't know, may sound selfish? But I wan't to be able to make other people happy if only for a few hours. Except the douches, they can be mad.

Anyway, making people happy makes me happy, to be completely honest. So that's what I aim to do.

Like I said, I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say, but this seems to be the best way that I can come up with in my sleep deprived mind. Not that that makes a difference though.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:59 am

Rafix wrote:
Except the douches, they can be mad.

Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:47 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:

Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:16 am

Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Motivates You?   

Back to top Go down

What Motivates You?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8General :: General Chat-
Jump to: