The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26342 posts and counting!
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 To protect and serve?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"



Posts : 3403
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 20
Location : 4-8Forums

PostSubject: To protect and serve?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Okay so basicly i've decided to make this thread now that i have hypothermia. Basicly i was coming home after a night out, completely sober and yet the police refused to give me a lift home because they were charging a kid my age and "i'm a fit enough lad to jog home" despite the fact that it was extremely rainy and i was literally shivering not only physically but i also couldnt even speak properly. So i guess the reason to this topic is how far do you agree that the main objective for the force is to protect and serve OR to control and charge?


I know what i think.

Not to mention all i had on was a shirt, thank god i weared a thermal.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: To protect and serve?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Saint570 wrote:
Okay so basicly i've decided to make this thread now that i have hypothermia. Basicly i was coming home after a night out, completely sober and yet the police refused to give me a lift home because they were charging a kid my age and "i'm a fit enough lad to jog home" despite the fact that it was extremely rainy and i was literally shivering not only physically but i also couldnt even speak properly. So i guess the reason to this topic is how far do you agree that the main objective for the force is to protect and serve OR to control and charge?


I know what i think.

Not to mention all i had on was a shirt, thank god i weared a thermal.

Guess part of this question pertains to which country we are talking about.

But in general, I think the police are there to control and charge, but they are expected to also protect and serve. They just don't always do the latter.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"



Posts : 3403
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 20
Location : 4-8Forums

PostSubject: Re: To protect and serve?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
Okay so basicly i've decided to make this thread now that i have hypothermia. Basicly i was coming home after a night out, completely sober and yet the police refused to give me a lift home because they were charging a kid my age and "i'm a fit enough lad to jog home" despite the fact that it was extremely rainy and i was literally shivering not only physically but i also couldnt even speak properly. So i guess the reason to this topic is how far do you agree that the main objective for the force is to protect and serve OR to control and charge?


I know what i think.

Not to mention all i had on was a shirt, thank god i weared a thermal.

Guess part of this question pertains to which country we are talking about.

But in general, I think the police are there to control and charge, but they are expected to also protect and serve. They just don't always do the latter.

Truthfully i do think that the police seem more decent in this country from what i've heard of American Police, though most of that does come from Wings Of Redemption who does come off as a pretty pesimistic guy at times. I just feel that more often than not the police are more a force to watch you than protect you. The first question i was asked tonight was had i been drinking. Truthfully, yes i had a few beers but i was completely fine at the time but the fact is that i was literally shivering, unable to speak properly, muttering from shivers and they didn't even attempt to make contact with my family to get a lift home. I think it was, to an extent, fair considering there was a suspect in the car but they should have atleast offered some sort of service to me considering my state and believe me, i really was extremely ill. I just feel that the police have more of an authority than a service but i do think that they should keep that reputation so smart arses get put in their place but really most people i know arent intimidated whatsoever by them so they should be more friendly and welcoming to the general public. They are good guys, i know that for fact but far too much of the time they come of as bad guys.
Still, i have to admit that when your in a point of power it's easy to become absored by that and so in general they are good but i'm sure everyone can agree that i deserved better considering i literally jogged for 20 seconds before collapsing, walked to a friends house and got a lift home from his dad who is a great guy.


Anyway, i think this is an interesting topic since alot of people have different views of the force and i look forward to seeing everyone opinions Smile
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: To protect and serve?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
Okay so basicly i've decided to make this thread now that i have hypothermia. Basicly i was coming home after a night out, completely sober and yet the police refused to give me a lift home because they were charging a kid my age and "i'm a fit enough lad to jog home" despite the fact that it was extremely rainy and i was literally shivering not only physically but i also couldnt even speak properly. So i guess the reason to this topic is how far do you agree that the main objective for the force is to protect and serve OR to control and charge?


I know what i think.

Not to mention all i had on was a shirt, thank god i weared a thermal.

Guess part of this question pertains to which country we are talking about.

But in general, I think the police are there to control and charge, but they are expected to also protect and serve. They just don't always do the latter.

Truthfully i do think that the police seem more decent in this country from what i've heard of American Police, though most of that does come from Wings Of Redemption who does come off as a pretty pesimistic guy at times. I just feel that more often than not the police are more a force to watch you than protect you. The first question i was asked tonight was had i been drinking. Truthfully, yes i had a few beers but i was completely fine at the time but the fact is that i was literally shivering, unable to speak properly, muttering from shivers and they didn't even attempt to make contact with my family to get a lift home. I think it was, to an extent, fair considering there was a suspect in the car but they should have atleast offered some sort of service to me considering my state and believe me, i really was extremely ill. I just feel that the police have more of an authority than a service but i do think that they should keep that reputation so smart arses get put in their place but really most people i know arent intimidated whatsoever by them so they should be more friendly and welcoming to the general public. They are good guys, i know that for fact but far too much of the time they come of as bad guys.
Still, i have to admit that when your in a point of power it's easy to become absored by that and so in general they are good but i'm sure everyone can agree that i deserved better considering i literally jogged for 20 seconds before collapsing, walked to a friends house and got a lift home from his dad who is a great guy.


Anyway, i think this is an interesting topic since alot of people have different views of the force and i look forward to seeing everyone opinions Smile

Well, I think you confuse those two cops as being avatars for the entire force. There are many cops who would have put you in their car and given you a ride home, and maybe even gave you a donut on the way. Obviously you just met two cops who were jerks, or having a bad night, or thought you were on something because you were shivering, or on something themselves.

And yes, VERY interesting topic Wink

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 21
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: To protect and serve?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:19 am

Police kill Random guy who needed to go to somewhere and the way he was going there was a protest there he did nothing and he gets killed> police get let off
Police shoot a kid and dont even apologise and the people that shot him and cause a riot last year> gets let off
For arguements sake a random guy commits manslaughter> gets imprisioned for something that was an accident and police kill a random bypasser and get let off. imo police are corrupt
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator


Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: To protect and serve?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 am

Not in defense of those specific officers, but when it comes to a situation like this, one officer or a set of them (here as an example) are giving all officers a bad name. Much like you hear in the news when a gamer goes on a murder spree, they'll blame it on video games and violence, though we know, millions of people play games and don't act the same way. There are thousands of people who serve as officers, we shouldn't let a select bunch dictate how the rest are seen. A lot of the focus and attention goes to those who commit crimes and are unjust, and not enough people appreciate those officers who do good in our communities or do the job correctly, mostly because it becomes a normality. I know many officers, both friends and corrupt assholes and I can see why people get that target as corrupt when they don the uniform and badge, but many of them are people just like us, given a certain responsibility and put under a lot of pressure.

Many of them do things wrongly and go about it in a bad way, then get away with it, and that's wrong, but there are people who save lives, protect others, and help people in need so we shouldn't let the asses of the group affect us.

I know if I became an officer, I'd have a big set of devil horns put on my head and will always get a certain amount of negative attention by those who were affected wrongly in the past, and I'd hate that.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: To protect and serve?   Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:32 am

Police are such a touchy subject because it takes a lot of guts and a lot of love for your country and the people in it to put your life on the line for it. But then some of them abuse that power, and there's nothing scarier because they can easily be above the law if they choose.

And also in my opinion, there is nothing worse than a crooked cop. Seriously, they are the scum of the earth to me, and I could never forgive somebody for abusing power like that.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: To protect and serve?   Today at 5:30 am

Back to top Go down
 
To protect and serve?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Protect Windows Network Diagnostics Preset
» So there are things we can do to improve our eyesight
» Beef Up Your Tailgate Contest *usa only*
» PETA Creates An Anti-Pokemon Black And White 2 Campaign!
» NSA chief wants to protect 'critical' private networks

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8General :: General Chat-
Jump to: