The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26342 posts and counting!
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Favorite Video Game Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Favorite Video Game Series   Wed May 09, 2012 10:02 am

List your favorite series!

Off the top of my head, sort of in order from most favorite to least favorite (sometimes it is hard to compare, so I went for more nostalgia value):
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
God of War
Ratchet and Clank
Monster Rancher
Megaman
Crash Bandicoot
Sly Cooper
Devil May Cry
Jak and Daxter
Spyro
Bioshock
Infamous
Uncharted
Mario
Sonic The Hedgehog
Tekken
Call of Duty

Some of these are really hard to compare. Like Megaman and Crash Bandicoot. Both of them I skipped a lot of games, so I'm not a true hardcore fan, but I grew up with both of them. I put Megaman on top though because I took Megaman outside of the game, I watched the show and used to pretend to be a character from Megaman and make up my own robots. Ah, the good ol days.

And also, I didn't put CoD at the bottom as a joke, I really am not that huge of a fan when it comes to the series, but I buy each game so it would be wrong of me not to include it. It just holds no nostalgia value for me, besides CoD4.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.


Last edited by death_unites_us on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator


Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

*clears throat*...........Fallout.



Also inFamous, Uncharted, WWE, Madden, Pokemon, Little Big Planet, Borderlands, Batman and most things Rockstar (GTA, RDR, etc.)

Hopefully adding Darksiders and Assassin's Creed if this "Third" works out to my liking.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"



Posts : 3191
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 21
Location : in a bush

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Wed May 09, 2012 11:58 am

Fallout
assassins creed
Pokemon (Gameboy)
Left for dead
bf
GoW
Cod

Cod wasnt a joke it got me into xbox then i tryed battlefeild 1943 i liked it but wasnt very good at it then i tryed games like Left for dead then it got abit repetetive playing just the first one so i went back to cod but w@w came out then i was really into cod because of zombies it was a whole new thing but after cod5 it was shitty so me and my brother was both bored of it at the time so we decided to move to ps3 and thats how i met you guys all though i did watch alot of deaths videos before i moved over to ps3.

God of war i picked up when ps3 went down because i was bored so i thought i'd try something new it was good but the ending was *censored* thats why its second to last.

Before i said i was *censored* at bf 1943 so i skipped playing bfbc2 then later on i wanted a change and started watching bfbc videos i really liked it so i thought i'd play bf3.

left for dead was one of my favorite xbox games alot of my friends played it after school (when they wasnt on cod Razz) and it hooked me but then they went over to w@w because they had heard about the zombies in that so i went back over to cod

pokemon was one of my first games and got me gaming alot

I enjoyed assassins creed 1 but i didnt think about buying assassins creed 2 but i got it free with a ps3 and i started getting into it because to me it was fun playing a new game.

fallout3 is pretty self explanitory it has that cold feel when you first play it you're like the only person alive ( you think) and you're surrounded by mutated creatures from radiation and it gives it more of a realism feel to me and makes the game more fun. Fallout newvegas would be under fallout 3 but it's more fun because of the quests fo3 is more story based.
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"



Posts : 3403
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 20
Location : 4-8Forums

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Wed May 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Top of my head and personal favorites of the trilogy

1. Meta Gear Solid - I'll never have a set in stone answer, but Snake Eater just cuz The Boss.
2. Final Fantasy - X closely followed by XI. Never played VII but i dont think i would enjoy it now anyway since its pretty old.
3. Elder Scrolls - Morrowind is the best but Oblivion was my first open world so i enjoy it more.

Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"



Posts : 3403
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 20
Location : 4-8Forums

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
Fallout
assassins creed
Pokemon (Gameboy)
Left for dead
bf
GoW
Cod

Cod wasnt a joke it got me into xbox then i tryed battlefeild 1943 i liked it but wasnt very good at it then i tryed games like Left for dead then it got abit repetetive playing just the first one so i went back to cod but w@w came out then i was really into cod because of zombies it was a whole new thing but after cod5 it was shitty so me and my brother was both bored of it at the time so we decided to move to ps3 and thats how i met you guys all though i did watch alot of deaths videos before i moved over to ps3.

God of war i picked up when ps3 went down because i was bored so i thought i'd try something new it was good but the ending was *censored* thats why its second to last.

Before i said i was *censored* at bf 1943 so i skipped playing bfbc2 then later on i wanted a change and started watching bfbc videos i really liked it so i thought i'd play bf3.

left for dead was one of my favorite xbox games alot of my friends played it after school (when they wasnt on cod Razz) and it hooked me but then they went over to w@w because they had heard about the zombies in that so i went back over to cod

pokemon was one of my first games and got me gaming alot

I enjoyed assassins creed 1 but i didnt think about buying assassins creed 2 but i got it free with a ps3 and i started getting into it because to me it was fun playing a new game.

fallout3 is pretty self explanitory it has that cold feel when you first play it you're like the only person alive ( you think) and you're surrounded by mutated creatures from radiation and it gives it more of a realism feel to me and makes the game more fun. Fallout newvegas would be under fallout 3 but it's more fun because of the quests fo3 is more story based.

You should play Final Fantasy if you enjoy Pokemon, it's turn based too.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan


Posts : 1584
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Tue May 15, 2012 1:36 am

In no particular order:

Fallout
Pokemon
Elder Scrolls
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Gex
Assassins Creed
Metal Gear Solid (Snake Eater is my favorite as well, I cant get used to the new controls for some reason.)
Mass Effect
SSX
Final Fantasy
Sly Cooper
Monster Rancher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed
Midnight Club
Katamari Damanci
Sw: Battlefront
And many more!
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 am

Rafix wrote:
In no particular order:

Fallout
Pokemon
Elder Scrolls
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Gex
Assassins Creed
Metal Gear Solid (Snake Eater is my favorite as well, I cant get used to the new controls for some reason.)
Mass Effect
SSX
Final Fantasy
Sly Cooper
Monster Rancher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed
Midnight Club
Katamari Damanci
Sw: Battlefront
And many more!



Yes....YES.....YES

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan


Posts : 1584
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Tue May 15, 2012 12:17 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
In no particular order:

Fallout
Pokemon
Elder Scrolls
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Gex
Assassins Creed
Metal Gear Solid (Snake Eater is my favorite as well, I cant get used to the new controls for some reason.)
Mass Effect
SSX
Final Fantasy
Sly Cooper
Monster Rancher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed
Midnight Club
Katamari Damanci
Sw: Battlefront
And many more!



Yes....YES.....YES
Glad I'm not the only who remembers that game. I almost bought it on the n64 a while bqck, but I didn't have the cash
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"



Posts : 3403
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 20
Location : 4-8Forums

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Tue May 15, 2012 2:08 pm

GEX Deep cover gecko ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Tue May 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
In no particular order:

Fallout
Pokemon
Elder Scrolls
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Gex
Assassins Creed
Metal Gear Solid (Snake Eater is my favorite as well, I cant get used to the new controls for some reason.)
Mass Effect
SSX
Final Fantasy
Sly Cooper
Monster Rancher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed
Midnight Club
Katamari Damanci
Sw: Battlefront
And many more!



Yes....YES.....YES
Glad I'm not the only who remembers that game. I almost bought it on the n64 a while bqck, but I didn't have the cash

Aw man I loved that game. For whatever reason the way the levels were set up was just awesome, kind of felt like a mario game, only with tvs and a gecko.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Today at 5:30 am

Back to top Go down
 
Favorite Video Game Series
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)!
» The Video Game Character Alphabet
» Who is your favorite video game character?
» Feature: A Video Game Discussion: The New Trend "Vintage" Games At Gamestop And The Sky High Prices.
» One on One Interview: Javier Otaegui's Take On The Video Game Industry!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8General :: General Chat-
Jump to: