Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bucket List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:31 pm

So, today in class, we were told to make a bucket list (we just watched The Bucket List). And it got me thinking about what I want to do, I thought I might share some and if you want, you can do the same!

This is directly from my paper:

(Updated)

1. Graduate from College.
2. Get a job at Pixar. (Maybe)
3. Have an art exhibiton. (Maybe)
4. Learn to play guitar.
5. Learn to play piano.
6. Become a Voice Actor, whether it's a hobby, or I'm lucky enough to be able live off it.
7. Travel around the world.
8. Learn German.
9. Become a commentator on YouTube.
10. Find a girl that I truly love.
11. Make a song that doesn't sound horrible
12. Write something that, like death said, changes peoples lives.
13. Finally figure out what kind of person I want to be. Too much conflict here...
14. This one is kinda short term (?), it kinda goes with #13. Learn to not care what others think of me and become more social, because I'm absolute crap at that as I am now. But, I hope I'm making progress.
15. Write in a Journal. (Drawings, Ideas, How I feel, Thoughts, My day, progress, etc.)
16. Meet Steve Blum and Christopher R. Sabat.
17. Meet an old online friend and a new online friend in person. I think that would be cool. Smile
18. Finish my list of Anime / Shows I need to watch. And finish all the Anime / Shows I stopped watching halfway through.
19. Meet Cory Williams again and actually get a picture with him!
20. Have a family.
21. Make my kids lives awesome while growing up.

I'm only going to put 10 to keep it short, and might possibly add on later.

Last edited by Rafix on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
Bucket List Default6

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:14 pm

I Have no idea what i want to do so...
1.have fun erm i guess you could say do more activity's/hobbies
2. gf/ eventually married (some are super annoying)
3.get a job (have no clue what job)

Err yeah not a big list but i'd just like to be not bothered/annoyed thats really it I just mainly like to chill
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
I Have no idea what i want to do so...
1.have fun erm i guess you could say do more activity's/hobbies
3.get a job (have no clue what job)

Err yeah not a big list but i'd just like to be not bothered/annoyed thats really it I just mainly like to chill

Well, at least you have an outline. That's better than most people. Smile
I understand what you mean with not wanting to be bothered, that's something that I really want. To be completely honest, I think it would be amazing to go around in asia and just meditate and whatever with monks, as cheesy as it may sound.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Bucket List Default6
Saint570

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:01 pm

1. Leave school.
2. Resit exams at college.
3. Get good grades
4. Go uni
5. Attend 4-8Wedding
5. Get good degree.
6. Get job which i may discover i like
7. During previous steps do voluntary work to help people.
8. Find a girl i <3
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:19 am

Amazing idea Rafix, stickied! Wink

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOL that cracked me up.

Saint570 wrote:
1. Leave school.
3. Get good grades
4. Go uni
5. Attend 4-8Wedding
5. Get good degree.
8. Find a girl i <3

Bucket List Orly
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Bucket List Default6
Saint570

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:58 am

death_unites_us wrote:

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:

Saint570 wrote:
1. Leave school.
3. Get good grades
4. Go uni
5. Attend 4-8Wedding
5. Get good degree.
8. Find a girl i <3

Bucket List Orly

I dont have a clue what a college is in your country, but here we have School Uni and College and it goes in this order of quality

Uni>College>School

If you too poorly in school you can re-sit some of your exams at college and then either do a course there or if you get accepted at a uni, do a course there.
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
Bucket List Default6

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:06 am

death_unites_us wrote:

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:

you don't even know how annoying girls can be in the uk

Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Bucket List Default6
Saint570

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:08 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:

you don't even know how annoying girls can be in the uk

Extremely true. I've seen videos of people like simple pickup, Ukranian limbs going to random girls and saying the most absurd things and yet all the girls are like is "Ehh hehehehe wattttt?" If you did that in the UK it would be like "FUkc off ya *censored* *censored* or i'll get u stabbed" or "Wit piss off? ya mad freak?" or maybe "um bye"

Wait no actually these are all examples of girls skype update things :
hate some *censored* arsewholes....talk one min then the next you dont sound.
please dont talk to me, im really not in the mood.
really dislike some people atm lol.
ortw[GYM[O4fk52v4i0wefowke325bvwyq Q3BEVFR 5UBHYJRGTV4QIEPRFDNVMKIP5Yo[wq4lemrvt5p3iOWV453LEMCYOIPB5 DIE.
*censored* up arsewholes
hate cheating little bams.
wont talk
I would gladly stab some boys in the neck with a knife..

Here is mine roflmao.

Dont talk to me, i hate the world, *censored* all the arse"Wholes", dont ever go away when i'm speaking to you or you are a *censored*, HATE CUNTS. I would stab some boys. All boys are the same. Why are all boys dickheads? I LOVE SATIRE SO MUCH

Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:21 am

Saint570 wrote:

I dont have a clue what a college is in your country, but here we have School Uni and College and it goes in this order of quality

Uni>College>School

If you too poorly in school you can re-sit some of your exams at college and then either do a course there or if you get accepted at a uni, do a course there.

The point, Saint, is that if you do bad in school you will do bad in College. Knowledge isn't something you gain over night, if it was then school wouldn't be 12 years long. Certain skills can be learned within hours, but general intelligence and well-being comes from being exposed to teachings for an extended period of time, especially while you are young. Plus, the most important lessons you learn are those you learn in your last year in school.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Bucket List Default6
Saint570

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:32 am

death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:

Uni>College>School

The point, Saint, is that if you do bad in school you will do bad in College. Knowledge isn't something you gain over night, if it was then school wouldn't be 12 years long. Certain skills can be learned within hours, but general intelligence and well-being comes from being exposed to teachings for an extended period of time, especially while you are young. Plus, the most important lessons you learn are those you learn in your last year in school.

Thats your opinion. I've breezed through all of my middle level exams without studying whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:54 am

Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:

Uni>College>School

Thats your opinion. I've breezed through all of my middle level exams without studying whatsoever.

Don't fool yourself, so did I! College is a different animal my friend, if you don't learn how to study now you're going to sink faster than the violinists on the Titanic.

Having said that, yes, it is my opinion, and it is simply advice, not a demand.
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
Bucket List Default6

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:16 am

death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:

Uni>College>School

Teachers are really retarded and don't give a *censored* about kids in the lesson who interrupt it. It really slows down your learning and college/university doesn't have the kids who deny smart people their learning that's why saint wants to re-do his exams in college.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:16 am

I was so busy talking about everything else that I didn't make my own list. I'm a little older, so my list is more of long term goals and things that I think I'll be doing when I'm old:

1. Have a family
2. Write a novel that changes the life of many people
Those are the only really important ones, I must do those, everything else is just stuff I'd like to do at least once before I die:
3. Go to France, and find out how romantic it really is
4. Start a home run daycare center
5. Be interviewed on TV
6. Have some sort of event where people buy tickets to see me
7. Visit a fan who lives far away
8. Own a Bugatti Veyron, or a car similar to it in awesomesauceness
9. Own a waterfall bathtub (seriously I've wanted one since I was like 16)
10. Make a bucket list that has 10 items on it
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:19 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:

Teachers are really retarded and don't give a *censored* about kids in the lesson who interrupt it. It really slows down your learning and college/university doesn't have the kids who deny smart people their learning that's why saint wants to re-do his exams in college.

Once again, it has nothing to do with the how good or bad school is, I am just simply saying that with my experience I can honestly say that I think anybody would be lost going to college without a proper regular school education, period. That's not to say that Saint can't do it, Saint can do anything if he puts his mind to it because he has determination far beyond kids of his age, but it will be far more difficult if he puts himself in that position.
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
Bucket List Default6

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:24 am

death_unites_us wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:

Once again, it has nothing to do with the how good or bad school is, I am just simply saying that with my experience I can honestly say that I think anybody would be lost going to college without a proper regular school education, period. That's not to say that Saint can't do it, Saint can do anything if he puts his mind to it because he has determination far beyond kids of his age, but it will be far more difficult if he puts himself in that position.

You can pull a C's in maths English and science without revising and you only need C's for college, so it's not entirely a proper education you need you just use college to get higher grades and plus the kids who mess about in lessons won't learn anything so they won't be in your college.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:41 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:

You can pull a C's in maths English and science without revising and you only need C's for college, so it's not entirely a proper education you need you just use college to get higher grades and plus the kids who mess about in lessons won't learn anything so they won't be in your college.

Once again, it's not about GETTING INTO college, it's about SUCCEEDING in college. In school you can get an F if you want and you'll get in trouble and move on or take it again next year to catch up (at least here in the states) but you get an F in college and it's $1,000 down the hole. The entire purpose of school is to get you ready for college, so it takes no scientist to understand that if you don't pay attention in school then you will have a significantly harder time in college.

And also, Saint didn't say anything about getting C's or D's, he said leave school, and those are two entirely different things.

Partly the reason I am defending this point so aggressively is because I don't want my ideas to be misconstrued. If you guys get the idea that I think school is the most important thing ever, I would feel terrible because that is not what I think at all. Intelligence, as I said, isn't found in a day, but it isn't found primarily in school, either. When I said it comes from a public education I didn't mean it only comes from there, and in fact only a small percentage does in my opinion. Intelligence, to me, comes from determination. If anybody wants to learn, they can learn. The greatest example I have of this, and I know I'll probably get evil looks from him, is MADMike. He is a living testament to the fact that knowledge and intellect does not come from just school but rather the desire to learn. I want to make my point clear partially because if I didn't, it would sound like I was bashing Mike, which is the last thing I'd ever want to do. My point in all of this is simply that leaving school will make it harder to find your way in higher education, period, and I'm sure Mike would also testify to that. However, Mike has accepted that challenge and deserves more praise than anybody who makes it through regular school with straight A's, at least in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Bucket List Default6
Saint570

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Honestly death, i think you are thinking that college HERE is the same as college where you are which it is not and that is what we call university.

And yeah joey is right, i'm pretty Much on the equivalent to C's and from that i can do higher/A-Levels at college.

Besides the real reason i want to leave school is because to me personally it makes my life damn miserable. Call me a cry baby *censored* all you like but i simply cant deal with it, my teachers complain about my attendance and time keeping because i simply feel like hell even getting up in the morning and going. Then all of a sudden they start getting involved in my personal life which makes me want to leave even more since frankly, it's none of their damn business. Because of my attitude towards school it makes me not try and barely scrape the grades i need and the options to re-sit are *censored* awful. Everything about school i cant stand, the authority teachers have, the constant sterotype attitude they give you dont understand that they are they're to help you and that you are just ungrateful because you dont realise that, school uniforms which i no longer wear and can go *censored* themselves etc. If i leave school it means it's a new chapter in my life and i'm free to reinvent myself, if i stay i'll keep the same negative attitude i have and every day will be a poor day resulting in me coming short and not reaching what i can if i work. That said, if i just work hard at school i can still get good grades and go to uni in faster time than i actually can at college but i really have had enough of school and so i'm going down the college route and maybe it might take longer, maybe i'll fail but at this point in times its worth a shot and i'm prepared to work extremely hard there.

i want independence. If i had my way i'd be given 6 months, the materials i need to learn the course and then an exam at the end.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Saint570 wrote:
Honestly death, i think you are thinking that college HERE is the same as college where you are which it is not and that is what we call university.

And yeah joey is right, i'm pretty Much on the equivalent to C's and from that i can do higher/A-Levels at college.

Besides the real reason i want to leave school is because to me personally it makes my life damn miserable. Call me a cry baby *censored* all you like but i simply cant deal with it, my teachers complain about my attendance and time keeping because i simply feel like hell even getting up in the morning and going. Then all of a sudden they start getting involved in my personal life which makes me want to leave even more since frankly, it's none of their damn business. Because of my attitude towards school it makes me not try and barely scrape the grades i need and the options to re-sit are *censored* awful. Everything about school i cant stand, the authority teachers have, the constant sterotype attitude they give you dont understand that they are they're to help you and that you are just ungrateful because you dont realise that, school uniforms which i no longer wear and can go *censored* themselves etc. If i leave school it means it's a new chapter in my life and i'm free to reinvent myself, if i stay i'll keep the same negative attitude i have and every day will be a poor day resulting in me coming short and not reaching what i can if i work. That said, if i just work hard at school i can still get good grades and go to uni in faster time than i actually can at college but i really have had enough of school and so i'm going down the college route and maybe it might take longer, maybe i'll fail but at this point in times its worth a shot and i'm prepared to work extremely hard there.

i want independence. If i had my way i'd be given 6 months, the materials i need to learn the course and then an exam at the end.

College is different there, and therefore our opinions do differ. I do not think either of us are wrong or right, but I will say that the point still stands that any education will help your future, especially if you are taking the college route which you said that you are. If you want to get to college, and you want to try hard, and you want to reach your full potential, then it starts where you are now in school.

I won't talk about school in a personal sense because every school is different. My school days were also awful, I learned a lot of hard life lessons and I persevered. The fact remains that school left many scars on my life, and perhaps my life would be better if I had never gone, but then again I wouldn't be the man I am today without it. It is truly a double-edged sword.

I commend you for your determination, as I have already said, and will be here for you down your entire journey. But in the end it is all in your hands, and I know that you know that.

Oh, and if you're looking for independence, then college is the right path to take. There is no babying in college, you listen, you learn, or you don't. You come, or you don't come. Some classes will give you a packet and say "see you at the final." Others will have a professor who just talks the entire period and whether or not you come doesn't matter if you know what he is talking about. In college, it is all in your hands and in your brain.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:10 pm

I used to think school was easy, then I took a dropout to the knee.

Yes, I'm bringing it back. Like sexy.

AS FOR ON TOPIC:

1. Make a bucket list.
2. Bring sexy back.
3. Be Batman.
4. Stop the evil squirrel in my ceiling.
5. Get a job.
6. Get sponsored by Mountain Dew.
7. Stay Batman.
8. Never stop making commentaries.
9. Join the WWE.
10. Succeed at everything above.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:08 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:

College is different there, and therefore our opinions do differ. I do not think either of us are wrong or right, but I will say that the point still stands that any education will help your future, especially if you are taking the college route which you said that you are. If you want to get to college, and you want to try hard, and you want to reach your full potential, then it starts where you are now in school.

I won't talk about school in a personal sense because every school is different. My school days were also awful, I learned a lot of hard life lessons and I persevered. The fact remains that school left many scars on my life, and perhaps my life would be better if I had never gone, but then again I wouldn't be the man I am today without it. It is truly a double-edged sword.

I commend you for your determination, as I have already said, and will be here for you down your entire journey. But in the end it is all in your hands, and I know that you know that.

Oh, and if you're looking for independence, then college is the right path to take. There is no babying in college, you listen, you learn, or you don't. You come, or you don't come. Some classes will give you a packet and say "see you at the final." Others will have a professor who just talks the entire period and whether or not you come doesn't matter if you know what he is talking about. In college, it is all in your hands and in your brain.

I agree with you. In all honesty, school sucks, and it has scared me in many ways as well, and I still go through it each year. The only things that keep me going are my future and some of my friends. The way I see it is that these are going to be the worst years of school and someday, probably not next year, but soon it will get better. I just have to keep moving forward.
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
Bucket List Default6

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:14 pm

MADMike wrote:

1. Make a bucket list.
2. Bring sexy back.
3. Be Batman.
4. Stop the evil squirrel in my ceiling.
5. Get a job.
6. Get sponsored by Mountain Dew.
7. Stay Batman.
8. Never stop making commentaries.
9. Join the WWE.
10. Succeed at everything above.

Best list ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Rafix wrote:

I agree with you. In all honesty, school sucks, and it has scared me in many ways as well, and I still go through it each year. The only things that keep me going are my future and some of my friends. The way I see it is that these are going to be the worst years of school and someday, probably not next year, but soon it will get better. I just have to keep moving forward.

Very well said.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:28 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:

Very well said.

I threw a Walt Disney quote in there too, also in one of my favorite movies Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:05 am

Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:

Very well said.

I threw a Walt Disney quote in there too, also in one of my favorite movies Wink

I know, Walt Disney also agreed with me.

Zing!
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:09 am

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:

I agree with you. In all honesty, school sucks, and it has scared me in many ways as well, and I still go through it each year. The only things that keep me going are my future and some of my friends. The way I see it is that these are going to be the worst years of school and someday, probably not next year, but soon it will get better. JASON!

Very well said.

I know, Walt Disney also agreed with me.

Zing!

I meant the Jason quote, but I guess you're right, that is one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bucket List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bucket List   Bucket List Empty

Back to top Go down

Bucket List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8General :: General Chat-
Jump to: