Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

inFAMOUS vs. inFAMOUS 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

inFAMOUS vs. inFAMOUS 2 Empty
PostSubject: inFAMOUS vs. inFAMOUS 2   inFAMOUS vs. inFAMOUS 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:47 am

So, which game was better? I'm going to see if I can split the games into sections and decide which one was the overall best experience.

GAMEPLAY

inFAMOUS 1 really smacked us in the face when we first picked it up. Cole was a powerhouse, capable of some awesome abilities, great wall scaling, and near perfect control with jumping and parkouring. We all thought "how can inFAMOUS 2 top this?" But then we got our hands on that original inFAMOUS 2 demo, threw our first ionic vortex, and we knew it was something special. inFAMOUS took the already amazing gameplay of the first game and multiplied it by 10. More powers, more stuff to do, online missions and mission creators, and ice/swamp powers. The sequel easily takes the cake here.

STORY

CONTAINS SPOILERS: In my opinion, this is where the original inFAMOUS shines. inFAMOUS 2 has a great story, don't get me wrong, but I was talking about inFAMOUS 1 for weeks after I beat it. inFAMOUS is the perfect example of a game that looks great gameplay wise, and then you get into it and realize that the real prize is in the story. From the very beginning the story brings you into Cole's character, and gives you several options so you can personalize yourself with him. Then, once you have been pulled into the story as if you are Cole yourself, it his you with plot twist after plot twist, testing your own moral stands and challenging you to think outside the box. Save your girlfriend, save a bunch of doctors, use the ray sphere, don't use the ray sphere, Zeke betrays you, John dies, Kessler's identity is revealed; It's hard to believe that all of this happened in one game. I will say that the final decision in inFAMOUS 2 is the absolute craziest decision I've ever heard of in any video game, and caused me to think for weeks afterwards about what I would have done and the entire moral aspect of the game. Also, my new favorite video game scene of all time is the scene with Cole and Zeke sitting on the couch watching the western flick. However, the original just simply takes the gold for the amazing way it used the plot to carry along the game all the way from the beginning until you defeat Kessler at the end.

EMPIRE CITY vs. NEW MARAIS

Well, it seems that New Marais is the general winner for the best city in the series thus far. It has more variety, more enemies, and more stuff to do. One thing that I loved was that you could walk into a giant war zone at any time where different enemies are fighting each other, and you could choose to watch them fight, take a side, or destroy everything. New Marais also has many more destructible parts, including the grind railings which I thought was kind of cool. As Mike said, the sewers of Empire City tended to get boring near the end of the game, since they were repetitive.

DIFFICULTY

I think this is a flat tie. I enjoy the difficulty of both games. The original was sort of easy the first time through, but a fair difficulty on hard. The second was more difficult the first time through and was pretty difficult on hard but still fair and not repetitive. However, both games completely dropped the ball when it came to getting their platinum trophies. inFAMOUS 1 has the crazy stunts and ten million blast shards. inFAMOUS 2 fixed the blast shards by placing even more throughout the city but giving us an ability to easily find them, but then kicks you in the ass with the ridiculous task of unlocking every powerup (either good or evil) in one playthrough. What a cruel trophy, it still aggravates me that I had to play the entire game over a third time because once you clear the city there is no way to make experience. Not to mention the amount of glitches that can happen that can cause a trophy to become impossible to get.

OVERALL

I think that inFAMOUS 2 was the easier game to pick up and play. I could run around the city for an hour and be entertained, while inFAMOUS 1 could get boring if you didn't keep the story gonig along. However, all you wanted to do in inFMAOUS 1 was keep the story going because it was a masterpeice in its story alone. It is simply too difficult to decide which is the better between the two, but I will say that inFAMOUS 2 is the easier to pick up and play and inFAMOUS 1 is better on its first playthrough than inFAMOUS 2 is. The ending in inFAMOUS 2 was more epic, since inFAMOUS 1 ended in a cliffhanger and was about the same for both evil and good, while the sequel's ending was completely different for each story line. However, nothing will compare to the urge when you play inFAMOUS 1 for the first time and you absolutely must know what happens next, because the story has you on the edge of your seat. If inFAMOUS 3 could somehow keep that amazingly magnetic story line of InFAMOUS 1 and infuse it with the amazing gameplay of inFAMOUS 2, it coud be the greatest game to come out on the PS3.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Thu May 31, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

inFAMOUS vs. inFAMOUS 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: inFAMOUS vs. inFAMOUS 2   inFAMOUS vs. inFAMOUS 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:44 pm

I'll go into detail later if need be.

Gameplay: 2
Story: 1
City: 2
Difficulty: 1

Overall: Tie, don't make me choose from one of my faves dammit!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us

inFAMOUS vs. inFAMOUS 2
Page 1 of 1