The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26347 posts and counting!

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

My First World Record!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8

PostSubject: My First World Record!   Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 am

Now before I say anything, yes, I do know that Rock of Ages is a PSN game, so less people play it, therefore a world record is much easier in it than a more popular game like Motorstorm. I will make the argument that the guy who held the record previous has many #1 scores in the game, so he is a pro and it is a privilege to put myself on the same level as him. But, let me give you some history:

When I first bought a PS3, I got the same game that most people got with the system which was Motorstorm. I didn't play very many racing games up to that point, besides the old Need For Speed games on PS1, so when I put up a #5 global time it's safe to say that I was uber thrilled. Ever since then, I've always though it would be incredible to get the #1 score in something, anything. Just to say that I did something better than everybody else in the world was a dream for me.

Fast forward a bit to Mirror's Edge. I bought the game because it was unique, and tried out the time trial once or twice just to check it out. Then came that faithful day I played the time trials again because I was bored and hit a #8 global time. After that, I started to take time running seriously, and hit a #7, a #10, and then finally a #4. When I hit that #4, I figured that was my limit. I never thought I'd do any better than that, and I put that time on a shelf in my brain to come back to and cherish. My dreams of being #1 were still there, but I had come to the realization that it would most likely never happen.

And then came Rock of Ages. A silly game that I thought I pretty much sucked at. I did the time trials for the trophies, and didn't even know there was a leaderboard until I stumbled upon it in the menu. Then I did the Rome level, and realized I was quite good at it. The #3 score I hit wasn't even a real attempt, I was just trying to get the gold medal for the trophy. When I realized I had completely crushed the time needed to get the trophy, I decided to check the leaderboards and saw that my time was posted at #3. When I saw that, two things rushed through my head: 1. Holy crap, I beat my #4 score in Mirror's Edge, and 2. I CAN TOTALLY DO BETTER!! So I went back and started practicing, hit a #2 score, kept practicing, and finally hit my #1 score. All my dreams had come true in that moment, and not only did I post a #1 score but I beat it 2 more times and crushed the previous leader!

So, that's my story, take it or leave it, but I had fun telling it Wink

And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
havik97
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: My First World Record!   Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:44 pm

:O
Back to top Go down
http://havik.me

My First World Record!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1