Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Runescape

Go down 
+3
Rafix
Saint570
Djrella
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Djrella
4-8Member
4-8Member
Djrella

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Runescape   Runescape EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:38 pm

I don't get what it is about Runescape that makes people hate it so damn much. . . Like, seriously. It's not a bad game at all. There's always some new updates, and Holiday quests/events to do, which are fun.
Granted, i've been taking a break from Runescape for the last year and a half, simply because I didn't have time for it, or because I was just always bored out of my mind and couldn't will the energy to want to log on again. But now that i'm back into it, as of two weeks ago, i'm having a blast with it again.

All the updates i've missed all look cool. Simple to understand. All around enjoyable...

I've been a member of the Runescape community for 6 years now, and I still find myself coming back to play more, and continue on training and making money, or just socializing. ((Mostly making money and socializing, though. ;D )). There were a couple of periods, I will admit, that Runescape had its downfalls for a temporary period of time ((eg: Taking away the wilderness, putting in Trading restrictions, etc....)) BUt everything seems to be back to status quo...

I'm kinda a retro gamer, myself, as it is. I just yesterday bought a PSP, model 1000 ((The original motherfucker)), and two games. And next time I save the money, i'm going to buy a Gameboy, or a Nintendo 64, and buy some Legend of Zelda, James Bond, and Mario games. Goldeneye, Mario Party, Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Age of Empires, and Oracle of Ages pretty much made my childhood. At the end of it, came Runescape. And i've simply been hooked on it since I started my account.

I'm still vying to buy a membership, after all these years, but the F2P stuff is awesome, too.... I simply don't see a reason to hate Runescape....

I guess all of these assholes who are so obsessed with FPS games ((Modern Warfare, Battlefield, etc...)) can't seem to get their heads out of their asses and open their genre variety.... Yes, i've tried World of Warcraft, and it was fun while it lasted. The new "Play forever, up to LVL 20 if you don't buy the game)) is nice, and all... But the game is simply too restricting in that F2P aspect, and even still, to game takes a ton of memory on the computer, and just asks too much, for giving so little in return....I'm not saying it's a bad game... But I wouldn't, and couldn't, play it so consistently to want to buy a membership for it every month, for the $15 or $20....

So, back to my point... Runescape. It's a game, that's nearly 2,000,000 accounts. ((Granted, about 10% of them are spammers, scammers, and advertisers)), and it's a game that's kept on reeling me back for more, over these last 6 years... What's your opinion? Do you like it? Have you even played it? How long have you played it?... c:
Back to top Go down
http://djrella.webs.com
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Runescape Default6
Saint570

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 pm

It's a damn addicting and fun game but it's basicly this.

- Try and get something like 70 Attack for a whip to then realise it's not as good as you think and you wasted countless hours of your life when you could of done something productive or played a game where the gameplay is actually fun

The same goes for making money in the game, go and actually make money since RS money takes ages and is worthless.
Back to top Go down
Djrella
4-8Member
4-8Member
Djrella

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:46 pm

I never said I followed the game of RS like it's my life. xD

It's all just a game, and like anything else on my computer, just something to fill my free time. ((With what little bit of free time I have during the days.))
Back to top Go down
http://djrella.webs.com
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't play it because I don't enjoy it. Simple as that.

I've tried playing it plenty of times (6 - 7) and I just can't get into it.

I feel I must say, I don't hate it, I'm just kinda neutral about it. It may be because I can't stand to play games all by my lonesome, but whatever.

It just isn't for me.
Back to top Go down
Zizzy626
4-8Member
4-8Member
Zizzy626

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 pm

I've never been into runescape, but i've tried many times. The closest i've ever gotten to actually enjoying the game was on a private server, but that only lasted a week.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Wivolution222 plays it. So I hate it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
You will make this my new veteran comment
Bloodharbringer

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:18 am

death_unites_us wrote:

Lol.

Also, yeah. that's pretty much it. it's not as enjoyable as any other mmo.
Back to top Go down
Wivolution222
New User
New User
Wivolution222

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:47 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
NOT TRUE!......i have stopped playing that and started playing League so HA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content