The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26341 posts and counting!
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 If you could combine two consoles...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: If you could combine two consoles...   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 pm

So recently, according to one of my friends, Sony shot down Microsoft's offer to work on a console together. But I started to wonder how cool it would be if Sony and Nintendo worked together on a console. Using Sony's hardware and Nintendo's exclusives, that would be uber epic.

So that spawns the question, if you could combine two consoles, new or old, which would you combine?

I'd either like to see a PS4+WiiU2, or the simplicity of the NES combined with the library of the ps1.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan


Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Ya know, I kinda wish Sony wouldn't have done that. Personally, I love almost every aspect of the 360. Except for a few things that the PS3 did right.

For example, I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 one, I have big hands, it's much more comfortable, I like the concave analog sticks, etc.

I love the fact that you can have parties on the 360 with voice chat, it makes everything so much easier.

While playing on 360 you can listen to music WHILE playing games, which is one of my major problems with PS3. (If anyone happens to know a way to do this, do share)

Now on to my PS3 preferences starting with the obvious: Free online. While I understand that 360 gets some things first (DLC), I still don't much care for it. Maybe it's due to the fact that I rarely play online games, or just games in general, but I'm still not a fan.

I love the dashboard (Not sure what to call it, but that's what it's called on 360). In my opinion, it's way better than the 360's confusing layout.

This one comes from experience thus far: There aren't as many squeakers! Though, the downside to this is that not as many people have mics, seeing as how the PS3 doesn't come with one.

And last but not least (For now), I prefer the PS3 exclusives over 360 exclusives.

So, all in all, I think a PS3 + 360 (Or the next gen consoles) would be pretty interesting, but seeing as how Nintendo > Steam > Sony > Microsoft > Other stuff, I would have to agree with death on this one. A PS3 / PS4 + Wii / WiiU would be absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:32 am

Rafix wrote:
While playing on 360 you can listen to music WHILE playing games, which is one of my major problems with PS3. (If anyone happens to know a way to do this, do share)

1. Place musical device next to tv.
2. Turn it on.
3. ???
4. Profit.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator


Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:31 pm

There isn't much choice of consoles to combine these days. Honestly, I'd combine the PS3 with Nintendo, but not the Wii, unless it was just for the Nintendo games and it didn't need motion controls.

Rafix wrote:
Ya know, I kinda wish Sony wouldn't have done that. Personally, I love almost every aspect of the 360. Except for a few things that the PS3 did right.

For example, I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 one, I have big hands, it's much more comfortable, I like the concave analog sticks, etc.

I love the fact that you can have parties on the 360 with voice chat, it makes everything so much easier.

While playing on 360 you can listen to music WHILE playing games, which is one of my major problems with PS3. (If anyone happens to know a way to do this, do share)

Now on to my PS3 preferences starting with the obvious: Free online. While I understand that 360 gets some things first (DLC), I still don't much care for it. Maybe it's due to the fact that I rarely play online games, or just games in general, but I'm still not a fan.

I love the dashboard (Not sure what to call it, but that's what it's called on 360). In my opinion, it's way better than the 360's confusing layout.

This one comes from experience thus far: There aren't as many squeakers! Though, the downside to this is that not as many people have mics, seeing as how the PS3 doesn't come with one.

And last but not least (For now), I prefer the PS3 exclusives over 360 exclusives.

So, all in all, I think a PS3 + 360 (Or the next gen consoles) would be pretty interesting, but seeing as how Nintendo > Steam > Sony > Microsoft > Other stuff, I would have to agree with death on this one. A PS3 / PS4 + Wii / WiiU would be absolutely amazing!

I disagree with most of your 360 positives, but it's your opinion and no one is wrong or right here.

1. This is completely off of a personal opinion, but I have fairly large hands as well, but I hate the 360 controller. Aside being unsymmetrical and unnecessarily heavier, it also doesn't have it's own battery for easy charging. I'm sure people enjoy using the wired controller or having chargeable batteries, but I think Sony did an excellent job not only keeping the same design for so long but improving on things that make it that much convenient and enjoyable. But this is just my opinion.

2. The whole party chat and cross-game chat is probably my biggest nuisance with what people constantly say the PS3 needs. Honestly, using Skype is fine with me, though this statement would make me hypocritical given I said I hated how the 360 needed batteries for their controllers, which would be outside help, and this is sorta the same. The reason I still back this up is because I honestly don't want to hear someone else play another game while I'm playing mine and we're talking about different things in each game. I'm also not a big fan of having big chat rooms/parties because from my experience, they are either loud and obnoxious or being used for no reason, and you end up listening to others conversations or talking over each other. Again, just my opinion.

3. This one could just be because I typically hate playing music when I play games, unless it's Rock Band in which it supplies the music, or if it's an older game that doesn't require me to listen to story or focus too much on it. My laptop suffices when it comes to playing music, and being able to YouTube songs I may not have on my PS3 or even my laptop is also an added bonus. Aside that, I don't have much a say on the matter. (Some games allow you to play music off the PS3 while you play. One of them, off the top of my head, is Red Dead Redemption, but only during the campaign, which is why I never used the feature because I loved hearing the story and listening to the environment.)

All in all, concave analog sticks may be more comfortable, but for now, I can live without. Smile

death_unites_us wrote:
Using Sony's hardware and Nintendo's exclusives, that would be uber epic.

Another personal opinion, but honestly, I love Sony's exclusives. Don't get me wrong, I like Nintendo titles as well, but I think Nintendo has a history of beating their IPs to death (Ex: Mario Party) and having the same few characters to play games with for so long would become a bore, personally. Believe me, I would die in heaven with a Mario Galaxy game on the PS3 with the PS3 controller, or a Zelda game, or a 3D Pokemon game, but before I hype myself for nothing, I think Sony does a good job not only paying tribute to past games, but also not overdoing them and making great new franchises. (Ex. Uncharted, inFamous, LBP and so on.)

I also think that there may have been a possibility of all this happening at some point back in the 90s when Nintendo was going to use Sony equipment for their CD endeavors. They ended up shutting out Sony and going into a nosedive with Phillips. (Still a better love story than Twilight) Sony said "*censored* IT!" and made a console we know as the Playstation, so maybe it ended for the best so we can enjoy multiple tastes. In some alternate reality, they did the deal, and I wouldn't mind finding out what happened.

Anyways, I got all off track and a little ranty with this, but I try to have these discussions without going LOLOLOLOL Xbox ghey.

I respect both your opinions and anyone else who differs from me.
Now evil MADMike has to say something. "I'm Batman, *censored*!"

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:13 pm

MADMike wrote:
(everything that mike and rafix said)

Okay first of all, screw the both of you for making this a xbox hatred topic!

That aside, I agree with pretty much everything Mike said about the xxbox negatives. I just didn't say them because it was off topic.

Also, Mike said he disagrees with what i said about nintendo exclusives, but i didnt mean nintendo exclusives are better than sonys, i just meant them together would be epic. For example, Nintendo Smash Bros Vs. Sony All Stars (like tekken vs street fighter, but so much more epic).


_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator


Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:05 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
MADMike wrote:
(everything that mike and rafix said)

Every death said


When were we hating Xbox? Last I checked, Rafix was naming positives about it and all I did was disagree about his positives not the console. You're obviously delusional and I'll let it slide.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan


Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

MADMike wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
MADMike wrote:
(everything that mike and rafix said)

Every death said


When were we hating Xbox? Last I checked, Rafix was naming positives about it and all I did was disagree about his positives not the console. You're obviously delusional and I'll let it slide.

That's very true, and to be honest, you brought up some very excellent points! I feel I should have gone into more detail.

The controller

This one IS completely biased. In all honesty, I've been using Xbox controllers for around 3 or 4 years. I just slowly got used to them over time I suppose. I get what you're saying though, and agree for the most part, but in my case I did eventually get chargeable batteries for my controller, which actually made it lighter. But, as you said, this one is completely opinion, so there really isn't a use to argue over it. To be honest, the only thing I don't like on the PS3 controller is the convex analog sticks, but I can deal with them. Besides, it's not impossible to switch out the analog sticks or buy a different controller from what I've heard. I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it more so than I am now.

Party Chat

I agree with some of what you said, mainly large parties are VERY annoying, which is why I normally leave them and start my own with a friend or two. In such a case, we're usually playing the same game, but if we aren't, we very rarely talk about what we are playing. We usually just talk about different things going on (Gaming news, personal life stuff, movies, commentators, TV shows, books (lol, yes, even books), etc.) For an example, me and my friend go into parties together seeing as how he normally plays Madden nowadays (He's very rarely on anymore), so it's nice to actually be able to hear him without having to buy Madden 2K12 or whatever he played. Now I realize these are still all opinions and are things that happened in my circumstances, but it was nice in my honest opinion. Also, for Skype, I only have one ethernet cable going up to my room so I either have to be on the PS3 or on the PC, so it doesn't exactly work for me. Otherwise, I'd probably be 100% on your side. (I do realize I can buy another one, which I may do sometime soon seeing as it's a hassle to switch the cable around, which is one reason that keeps me from playing the PS3 as much)

For the music

I didn't mean music while playing story driven games exactly, I mean games like Just Cause 2, GTA, LBP (When I'm not playing SP), Pacman Championship Edition (DX), etc. And the occasional Multiplayer game, just not as much. Or, like you said, older games. For me, I occasionally like to run through Super Mario 64, while listening to music. Or maybe Pokemon in general, because I've personally played the ever living hell out of those games. But I do understand what your saying.




death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
While playing on 360 you can listen to music WHILE playing games, which is one of my major problems with PS3. (If anyone happens to know a way to do this, do share)

1. Place musical device next to tv.
2. Turn it on.
3. ???
4. Profit.

That's what I do now, but I like to use headphones while playing. Though I don't mind it, it's just personal preference.



(I hope I covered everything!)
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator


Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Rafix wrote:
Party Chat

I agree with some of what you said, mainly large parties are VERY annoying, which is why I normally leave them and start my own with a friend or two. In such a case, we're usually playing the same game, but if we aren't, we very rarely talk about what we are playing. We usually just talk about different things going on (Gaming news, personal life stuff, movies, commentators, TV shows, books (lol, yes, even books), etc.) For an example, me and my friend go into parties together seeing as how he normally plays Madden nowadays (He's very rarely on anymore), so it's nice to actually be able to hear him without having to buy Madden 2K12 or whatever he played. Now I realize these are still all opinions and are things that happened in my circumstances, but it was nice in my honest opinion. Also, for Skype, I only have one ethernet cable going up to my room so I either have to be on the PS3 or on the PC, so it doesn't exactly work for me. Otherwise, I'd probably be 100% on your side. (I do realize I can buy another one, which I may do sometime soon seeing as it's a hassle to switch the cable around, which is one reason that keeps me from playing the PS3 as much)

For the music

I didn't mean music while playing story driven games exactly, I mean games like Just Cause 2, GTA, LBP (When I'm not playing SP), Pacman Championship Edition (DX), etc. And the occasional Multiplayer game, just not as much. Or, like you said, older games. For me, I occasionally like to run through Super Mario 64, while listening to music. Or maybe Pokemon in general, because I've personally played the ever living hell out of those games. But I do understand what your saying.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. My opinion would probably be different on this a year or so ago when I had just an ethernet cable and a DSL connection to my name. Now that I upgraded to a router and then upgraded my internet so the router would have a purpose, I'm a bit more bias to having internet going on both my console and PC.

In that case, a party chat would be okay with me.

And yes, some PS3 games allow music to be played and when it does, the game sounds go away completely, but I can understand that as well. Except in LBP, that music is glorious. lol

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8


Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 24
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Rafix wrote:
That's what I do now, but I like to use headphones while playing. Though I don't mind it, it's just personal preference.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. You win.

That's right, I lose. Sometimes.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan


Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:08 am

MADMike wrote:
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. My opinion would probably be different on this a year or so ago when I had just an ethernet cable and a DSL connection to my name. Now that I upgraded to a router and then upgraded my internet so the router would have a purpose, I'm a bit more bias to having internet going on both my console and PC.

In that case, a party chat would be okay with me.

And yes, some PS3 games allow music to be played and when it does, the game sounds go away completely, but I can understand that as well. Except in LBP, that music is glorious. lol

I agree, LBP music is wonderful. But that sucks, it's not really like it'll make much of a difference, though. I just like being able to listen to both at the same time.


death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
That's what I do now, but I like to use headphones while playing. Though I don't mind it, it's just personal preference.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. You win.

That's right, I lose. Sometimes.

What? I won? Oh no, I can't deal with this...

Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator


Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 am

Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
That's what I do now, but I like to use headphones while playing. Though I don't mind it, it's just personal preference.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. You win.

That's right, I lose. Sometimes.

What? I won? Oh no, I can't deal with this...



_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan


Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:45 am

MADMike wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
That's what I do now, but I like to use headphones while playing. Though I don't mind it, it's just personal preference.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. You win.

That's right, I lose. Sometimes.

What? I won? Oh no, I can't deal with this...



Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"



Posts : 3403
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 20
Location : 4-8Forums

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 am

Rafix wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
That's what I do now, but I like to use headphones while playing. Though I don't mind it, it's just personal preference.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. You win.

That's right, I lose. Sometimes.

What? I won? Oh no, I can't deal with this...




Wat j ust happend?
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan


Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Saint570 wrote:
Rafix wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
That's what I do now, but I like to use headphones while playing. Though I don't mind it, it's just personal preference.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. You win.

That's right, I lose. Sometimes.

What? I won? Oh no, I can't deal with this...




Wat j ust happend?

Crona happened
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: If you could combine two consoles...   Today at 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
 
If you could combine two consoles...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Share Your Gaming Collection!
» Century Link No Longer Guarantees That Their Internet Routers Will Work On The Latest Gaming Consoles.
» Nintendo: “Dedicated platforms will not die out”
» Toradol - Anyone uses it for migraine?
» How much do used Playstation consoles go for these days?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8General :: General Chat-
Jump to: