The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26348 posts and counting!
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Anybody else use songza?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Anybody else use songza?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am

www.songza.com

I gotta give props to Rafix since he's the one who showed me the site. Ever since he showed me I've turned it on multiple times when I didn't feel like listening to the songs on my iphone, and I've added a good amount of songs from it. There's also some piano playlists that I like, but I usually listen to the dubstep lists. My music library has not been deteriorated to dubstep by the way, I've just been looking for new songs lately Razz

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
You will make this my new veteran comment
avatar

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 23
Location : I'm Everywhere!

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
www.songza.com

I gotta give props to Rafix since he's the one who showed me the site. Ever since he showed me I've turned it on multiple times when I didn't feel like listening to the songs on my iphone, and I've added a good amount of songs from it. There's also some piano playlists that I like, but I usually listen to the dubstep lists. My music library has not been deteriorated to dubstep by the way, I've just been looking for new songs lately Razz

It's only available for USA and Canada. but really, why not just use last.fm?
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 pm

It's a pretty cool site, I must admit. I'm always drawn to the 50's music, mostly because I love the Fallout vibe.

I can add a site to this music relativity: http://tothebestof.com/

Just type a band or artist and it'll bring up 10 of their most played or highest rated songs. Smile

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 pm

MADMike wrote:
It's a pretty cool site, I must admit. I'm always drawn to the 50's music, mostly because I love the Fallout vibe.

I can add a site to this music relativity: http://tothebestof.com/

Just type a band or artist and it'll bring up 10 of their most played or highest rated songs. Smile

Aww man, I gotta go find a 50's playlist now! Any recommendations?

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:45 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
MADMike wrote:
It's a pretty cool site, I must admit. I'm always drawn to the 50's music, mostly because I love the Fallout vibe.

I can add a site to this music relativity: http://tothebestof.com/

Just type a band or artist and it'll bring up 10 of their most played or highest rated songs. Smile

Aww man, I gotta go find a 50's playlist now! Any recommendations?

Well I just finished listening to a bunch of Frank Sinatra. (Off-note: I always think it's badass he was from my area, literally like a 2 minute walk into where he was from in Hoboken.) I'd usually just find a Fallout song, take the artist, sit back and enjoy.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"

avatar

Posts : 3403
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 21
Location : 4-8Forums

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:50 pm

MADMike wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
MADMike wrote:
It's a pretty cool site, I must admit. I'm always drawn to the 50's music, mostly because I love the Fallout vibe.

I can add a site to this music relativity: http://tothebestof.com/

Just type a band or artist and it'll bring up 10 of their most played or highest rated songs. Smile

Aww man, I gotta go find a 50's playlist now! Any recommendations?

Well I just finished listening to a bunch of Frank Sinatra. (Off-note: I always think it's badass he was from my area, literally like a 2 minute walk into where he was from in Hoboken.) I'd usually just find a Fallout song, take the artist, sit back and enjoy.

Sinatra <3
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 pm

MADMike wrote:
in Hoboken.

I read that as hadouken, and now im visualizing sinatra hadoukening somebody.

But yes, sinatra is amazing.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
avatar

Posts : 1586
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 21
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:56 pm

I like Sinatra very good. The Ink Spots have a good song too, but I haven't delved much into Fifties era music (my numbers are broken...?) I really enjoy IDM, Instrumental Trip Hop, 3 a.m. airport (my numbers work again), Downtempo Instrumentals, basically anything really chill or has Tycho, Ratatat, Four Tet, Com Truise, etc.


Oh, and Matt & Kim. I love them long time
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:47 pm


_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2009-06-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:44 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
MIKE

http://songza.com/listen/fallout-3-galaxy-news-radio-songza/

It was nice knowing all of you, but I must leave. Farewell. My people need me.

_________________
DOOBLAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
avatar

Posts : 1586
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 21
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 am

I just want to speak for both Mike and I, we have not stopped listening to Songza's Fallout playlist since I posted that link. I'm listening to it at work right now.

_________________
~4getthe h8rs~
And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anybody else use songza?   

Back to top Go down
 
Anybody else use songza?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8General :: Music Chat-
Jump to: