Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Playstation Vita

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

The Playstation Vita Empty
PostSubject: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:44 pm

So, I've decided to get one. I want to get back into portable gaming, there's a lot of great games on the Vita, I'm getting a lot of free stuff for it thanks to PSN Plus, and it just seems like a great console.

Does anybody else have one? Can you give me an opinion?

In particular, I don't know if I want to get the one with 3G or not. My opinion was no, because I don't think I'll use it that often, and I don't want to pay monthly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:33 pm

I don't have one, but good luck with your ventures.

And lemme know how it is. There's one game game on there that has an art style that I really dig, plus it looks like a great game in general. If I remember what it was, I'll let you know
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:55 pm

So I ordered one, found a great deal on Cyber Monday. I got the 3G version as well, even though I probably won't use it. Maybe ill do a video of me playing it or something, just for you guyz.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Sweet, I look forward to that possibility!
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
You will make this my new veteran comment
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
So I ordered one, found a great deal on Cyber Monday. I got the 3G version as well, even though I probably won't use it. Maybe ill do a video of me playing it or something, just for you guyz.

Don't. at least not too extensively. you can't capture it with anything. yet. wait till a capturing cable comes out and then be the first to make vita game lets plays. you'll be a boss.

That aside, yeah, i have a vita. and to be honest, i absolutely love it... but mostly as a large-screen dual joystick PSP. the games i play most on it are actually PSP games, these being

Monster Hunter Unite
Patapon III
GOD EATER BURST
and some harvest moon game

as for the vita games I own, i'll give you a little information, in alphabetical order.

DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT--

This games is alright, at least it was a bit fun for a bit when I first got my vita. it sports the same gameplay mechanics as its console counterparts, however, Dynasty Warriors NEXT is a bit of a letdown when it comes down to it, my main problem with it was the camera being too close to the character, the console versions having the camera twice as far from the player as the vita version has it.
IGN: 8/10
BHB: 6/10

GRAVITY RUSH--

This is by far my favourite Vita game. it implements the touch screen and rotation system thingie (pro explanation right there) so well. also, the game is beautiful, I'll be honest, i don't play it too much, because I don't go on my vita that often, but when I do, I play it good. there's another great thing, it's replayability value. it's lovely. there are however a few little quirky pains, but those are all in the small little details.
IGN: 7.5/10
BHB: 9/10

LITTLE DEVIANTS--

For kids. Got kids? Buy this.
IGN: 6/10
BHB: 3/10

LUMINES ELECTRIC SYMPHONY

I've never been one for puzzly shit. but this was pretty much a waste of money. it's just some cheap puzzle game with nice graphics. not that i've played it much. let down: amazing.
IGN: 9/10
BHB: don'tevenknowwhyIGNgaveita9/10

UNCHARTED GOLDEN ABYSS--

This game, is really fucking good. the graphics are class. the combat is smooth, and the story isn't half bad. just what you'd expect from ANY Uncharted. yes. this game is GOOD.
IGN: 8.5/10

WIPEOUT TWENTY-FOUR-EIGHT--

I love me some wipeout. and i'll be honest, this game shouldn't really be on the list. because I don't own it. my friend however, does own it, and let me play it. and man, did I play it. it's one of the games i'm certainly gonna pick up next time i'm in need of a good handheld game.
BHB: 9.5/10

There you go. the games i've played. as you can see not all of them are good. but one thing is certain, the Vita has some Kick-ass games in store for you.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Bloodharbringer wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:

Don't. at least not too extensively. you can't capture it with anything. yet. wait till a capturing cable comes out and then be the first to make vita game lets plays. you'll be a boss.

That aside, yeah, i have a vita. and to be honest, i absolutely love it... but mostly as a large-screen dual joystick PSP. the games i play most on it are actually PSP games, these being

Monster Hunter Unite
Patapon III
GOD EATER BURST
and some harvest moon game

as for the vita games I own, i'll give you a little information, in alphabetical order.

DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT--

This games is alright, at least it was a bit fun for a bit when I first got my vita. it sports the same gameplay mechanics as its console counterparts, however, Dynasty Warriors NEXT is a bit of a letdown when it comes down to it, my main problem with it was the camera being too close to the character, the console versions having the camera twice as far from the player as the vita version has it.
IGN: 8/10
BHB: 6/10

GRAVITY RUSH--

This is by far my favourite Vita game. it implements the touch screen and rotation system thingie (pro explanation right there) so well. also, the game is beautiful, I'll be honest, i don't play it too much, because I don't go on my vita that often, but when I do, I play it good. there's another great thing, it's replayability value. it's lovely. there are however a few little quirky pains, but those are all in the small little details.
IGN: 7.5/10

LITTLE DEVIANTS--

For kids. Got kids? Buy this.
IGN: 6/10
BHB: 3/10

LUMINES ELECTRIC SYMPHONY

I've never been one for puzzly shit. but this was pretty much a waste of money. it's just some cheap puzzle game with nice graphics. not that i've played it much. let down: amazing.
IGN: 9/10
BHB: don'tevenknowwhyIGNgaveita9/10

UNCHARTED GOLDEN ABYSS--

This game, is really fucking good. the graphics are class. the combat is smooth, and the story isn't half bad. just what you'd expect from ANY Uncharted. yes. this game is GOOD.

WIPEOUT TWENTY-FOUR-EIGHT--

I love me some wipeout. and i'll be honest, this game shouldn't really be on the list. because I don't own it. my friend however, does own it, and let me play it. and man, did I play it. it's one of the games i'm certainly gonna pick up next time i'm in need of a good handheld game.
BHB: 9.5/10

There you go. the games i've played. as you can see not all of them are good. but one thing is certain, the Vita has some Kick-ass games in store for you.

All the games you said were amazing I got free off of PSStore, which is one of the biggest reasons I got the Vita, SO NOW IM REALLY EXCITED ZOMGZOMGZOMG
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:02 am

Gravity Rush... That's the game... Looked really fun.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:11 am

My Vita came in the mail yesterday, I didn't have enough time to play any games except like 5 minutes of Uncharted and some Welcome Park, but OMG THIS VITA IS THE GREATEST THING EVER.

I'm serious, I freaking love this thing. It's so colorful, so vibrant, it sounds awesome, it feels awesome, and everything about it is just innovative and looks stupendous. The menus honestly make the PS3 look like the stone age. With one push of a button you are back to the dashboard from within a game. And I mean, with a push of a button, there isn't even load time, it's instant. You can navigate away from the game, do whatever you want (except start another game) and then come back and pick up the game again with absolutely no load time. The trophies screen looks awesome, and trophies on the vita affect your overall count, which is freaking amazing. In fact, on the PS3 Borderlands 2 is just a list of trophies, but if you look at it on the Vita it splits them into regular and the two dlc's, each with it's own completion bar. It just looks so nice, and it makes you wonder why the PS3 doesn't do that. Even the friends list looks better on the Vita.

I played a bunch of Welcome Park, the free tutorial like game that comes with, because this one challenge was pissing me off and I had to beat it before I went to bed. But after that I played like 5 minutes of Uncharted and omg does it look amazing. It's also so innovative because unlike the Nintendo DS where it tried to lean towards the touch stuff all the time, the Vita lets you choose. For example if you walk towards a gun, you can pick it up with triangle like a PS3 Uncharted game, or tap the gun on the screen. When climbing, you can lean with the analog stick and press X like PS3 Uncharted, or with your finger draw out the path you want him to go and he'll do it automatically. The only thing I've seen where you HAVE to use the touch screen is to dodge certain melee attacks, which is fine because it's not a question of convenience, you're dodging an attack.

I think I may do a review on the Vita sometime in the future, because I obviously have a lot to say and a lot of it would be better shown than just typed out. If a lot of people here are thinking about getting one, I'll definitely do it. Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 am

Just an update, I still love my Vita, and I've been playing a lot of Jetpack Joyride. It's like the perfect time waster.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:45 pm

I want a Vita. I want a 3DS as well. And a hundred bucks would be cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Playstation Vita   The Playstation Vita Empty

Back to top Go down

The Playstation Vita
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Consoles :: Playstation Zone-
Jump to: