The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26346 posts and counting!

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?   Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:39 am

Let's be honest, I haven't been doing much around here in quite some time. The last King's Korner was a little over a year ago, and even though we spoke about switching to a podcast type deal (Where has that been? Smooth move, MADMike), I haven't been active much.

I've used up all my legitimate excuses and now just try to find any way to convince myself I'm not doing a bad job. I am, and I'm not gonna beat myself up about it, but I am doing something about it.

October 14th, 2013 was a day that follows me even now. It was the day my grandmother passed away due to cancer and I haven't exactly been 100% since.

Up until 1-2 months before that day, I was on top of my game. Hell, I was uploading just about 5-6 videos each week. Granted, 4 of them would be The Last of Us, but nonetheless, I was doing well. COD Thursdays was on time, videos weren't delayed, and I even had some free time to play other games. When the summer was reaching its end, I started slowing down. There were other situations arising and responsibilities I had, such as taking care of my grandmother as she was sick and watching over my siblings when my parents worked. A lot of that started to eat up my free time, then eventually, my free time ate away at my work time. I would start putting videos to the side accepting that fact I was doing well, and started just playing games with others. I shouldn't have, but I also hate saying no to others when they ask to play. No matter how much of a bad time it is, I'll just let myself deal with it later on. A huge reason as to why I'm up late or rarely sleeping.

I try my best to balance out game time and video time, but it's tough. Now, I'm not asking for sympathy, that's the last thing I'm asking for, I just wanted to let everyone who's still here the details and wanted to apologize. I don't plan on letting this keep my down, and I am going to get back on track.

Eventually, we may stop the Thursday recordings, and switch to maybe a streaming setup or just take a break and get back to it when I fix my mistakes. Once I do all that, I will also be here much more often and update/converse much more frequently. I appreciate all the support you guys give and I want to thank you all for keeping up with GTAT delays, unorganized video series, and just sloppiness on my part. I never try to put anything I feel like you guys won't like, so I try to put up what I think is a good, finished video. One place I am 100% at is commentating and making the videos as enjoyable as they could be, and you guys keep me going. Even if it's just a comment or message or anything small, I take notice, and love you guys for it.

Now, I might be a bit distant for the next few months trying to get back into the groove of things, but believe me, I'm going to make sure I get back here and make sure you guys are enjoying yourselves.

If you guys have absolutely anything you need to tell me or suggestions for videos/podcasts/games, please let me know now. Take your time and give me everything that's either been on your mind or compiled about myself or 4-8 overall, and I'll get back to you as soon as I see it.

- MADMike  king 

Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"

PostSubject: Re: Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?   Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:27 am

Hey bro, good to hear from you.

Sucks to hear about your loss, my condolences and despite you not asking for them sympathies. Everyone has a rough spell and the place hasn't been to active of late anyhow  Smile
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8

PostSubject: Re: Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?   Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:44 pm

I was there for you then, and I'll continue to be here for you as we jump forwards.

I think it's time for both of us to get back to 100% Wink

And then, we'll soar. It doesn't matter what you've done, what I've done, what has happened and what is about to happen. I know, it hurts. But the truth is, I don't care anymore. I don't care because I have something far more important to care about now. I have you, and you are everything I'll ever need and ever wanted. So, we'll leave that all behind, we'll make our own destiny, together, and then, we'll soar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?   

Back to top Go down

Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1