Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

xbox to ps3

Go down 
+6
Quimbinator
keroberus2
Bloodharbringer
Blink
Alivad
death_unites_us
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 4:03 pm

This may seem a stupid question for this forum.. but i may be getting a ps3 in a couple of weeks time...
should i keep my xbox or convert to a ps3'er ?
Smile
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Silenced Doom wrote:
This may seem a stupid question for this forum.. but i may be getting a ps3 in a couple of weeks time...
should i keep my xbox or convert to a ps3'er ?
Smile

That depends, do you like good things? Because if you do, ps3 is a great choice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member
Alivad

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:02 pm

It is a matter of preference. Do you enjoy X-Box live?

The majority of this forum's members are PS3 owners.

It's your choice.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:40 am

I have the perfect example.

Think of it like this:
xbox to ps3 2cfwljq

See, Hue Hefner has a Playstation 3 and Bill Gates has an Xbox 360. Hue Hefner is the eternal sex god and Bill Gates was the president of Microsoft. You choose.

Naw, I'm just playing. It's actually all up to you. If you want to give up everything that you've ever done on your Xbox, then go ahead and trade it in. If you want to have both so no one will be able to bash on you about being a fanboy, then keep the Xbox. These are just some examples.
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
Bloodharbringer

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 am

If you're cheap ass and you want to pay for playing online. get an X360.
If you're High priced and want free online gaming and awesom gameplay, not to mention an awesome system (oh and if you're cool like me) get a PS3.

Is there a difference? (sure is Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member
Alivad

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Bloodharbringer wrote:
If you're High priced and want free online gaming and awesom gameplay, not to mention an awesome system (oh and if you're cool like me) get a PS3.

Plus a plushie toy of me. And if you buy now we'll deduct $500 from it. Then it will only be $1,000,000. You won't get a better deal than that my amigo loco.
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
Bloodharbringer

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 6:08 am

Alivad wrote:
Bloodharbringer wrote:

Plus a plushie toy of me. And if you buy now we'll deduct $500 from it. Then it will only be $1,000,000. You won't get a better deal than that my amigo loco.

something was funny about that... for the rest that was just purely weird O.o

oh well Razz
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
Bloodharbringer

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:56 am

Bloodharbringer wrote:
Alivad wrote:
Bloodharbringer wrote:

something was funny about that... for the rest that was just purely weird O.o

oh well Razz

Actually i think i'll go for that plushie Very Happy sounds flammable ^^ just kidding i'd probably let it fly on a paper parachute into a shark pool
Back to top Go down
keroberus2
New User
New User

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:40 pm

To look at this situation from a detatched point of view which is not really done in this thread:

The 360 and PS3 are virtually identical consoles, with the 360 being cheaper and having better online connection netcodes, resulting in gameplay, whilst the PS3 has SLIGHTLY higher graphic potentials (Dont' get lead on to think it's amazingly better, only purists really notice the difference), and most probably a slightly more friendly interface.

Both consoles have few unique games for them, though gradually more and more are becoming multi consoled. Eg: Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid.

Personally, I favour online gameplay, and after trying out both the 360 and ps3, chose the 360, hence i'm posting in this thread.

I'm not going to fanboy the 360, as it's a personal choice (much to be said about most of this thread P:, ps3 fanboys alert).

I'd say keep the 360, and the ps3. It's difficult to leave all you've worked on behind, and your friends list.

PS3:Graphics
360:Gameplay
Wii: Uniqueness (Interactions.)

May I also add, on a slightly more fanboyish view, that the 360 is in the next year or so, releasing a FULLY interactive system upgrade, resulting in a much more realistic Wii type gameplay experience. Compared to the PS3s rip off of Wii, interactive stick Razz.

And, PS3s are pikies Smile. Trophies = Ripoff of Gamerscore, and not even as good Wink. They introduced the ability to play music whilst playing games, which the 360's had from the start Wink.

Back on topic, stick to both anyway, 360 online, ps3 offline.
Back to top Go down
Quimbinator
New User
New User

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:20 pm

PS3 HAS NO GAMES. Exclamation Exclamation
xbox to ps3 Ps3-has-no-games-prove-me-wrong
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
Bloodharbringer

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:52 am

Quimbinator wrote:
PS3 HAS NO GAMES. Exclamation Exclamation
xbox to ps3 Ps3-has-no-games-prove-me-wrong

True.

Ps3 has Heavenly disks. they are so much more than games.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:28 pm

I guarantee the next Xbox will try, to use blu-ray.....and fail.

I love how the PS3 has no games.

Uncharted series, InFamous, God of War series, Little Big Planet, Heavenly Sword, Demon Soul's, Gran Turismo, Killzone 2, MGS4, Motorstorm series, Rachet & Clank series....just to name a few.

Hey, I can't quite remember, but when was the last good Xbox exclusive? Please, intrigue me. Someone.

BTW, I've played just as much Xbox as the next guy as my friend owns both Xbox and PS3.
Back to top Go down
Quimbinator
New User
New User

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:32 pm

MADMike wrote:

I love how the PS3 has no games..

Trust me, I hate Xbox as much as you. But I believe God of War (series) wasn't strictly just PS3 games. But then again, all I enjoy is Rockband and Call of Duty 4. So what do i know! Laughing
Back to top Go down

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 pm

MADMike wrote:
I guarantee the next Xbox will try, to use blu-ray.....and fail.

I love how the PS3 has no games.

Uncharted series, InFamous, God of War series, Little Big Planet, Heavenly Sword, Demon Soul's, Gran Turismo, Killzone 2, MGS4, Motorstorm series, Rachet & Clank series....just to name a few.

Hey, I can't quite remember, but when was the last good Xbox exclusive? Please, intrigue me. Someone.

BTW, I've played just as much Xbox as the next guy as my friend owns both Xbox and PS3.

i'm not a huge xbox fanboy but compare to the ps3 it doesn't these games the online multiplayer for the games is so addicting
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Quimbinator wrote:
MADMike wrote:

I love how the PS3 has no games..

Trust me, I hate Xbox as much as you. But I believe God of War (series) wasn't strictly just PS3 games. But then again, all I enjoy is Rockband and Call of Duty 4. So what do i know! Laughing

God of War 1 and 2 is on the PS3 currently, that's why I included the series.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:08 am

Okay, before I start, I have a PS3.

Now, the Xbox 360 doesn't suck.

If you honestly think that PSN is better than XBLA, slap yourself, seriously. I would not mind paying $50 a year for online gaming. That's only 14 cents a day, and I can easily find 14 everyday around my house. Also if $50 a year is a lot of money to you, you must be broke as fu*k and you shouldn't even have a gaming console.

People are always saying that the PS3 has the best graphics and Xbox is sh*t compared to it. Although the PS3 has a better CPU, the XBox 360 has a better GPU. The cell processor on the consoles are very important for the graphics, but the GPU is equally as important. The Xbox 360 Xenos chip has a bigger shader processing highway than the PS3 with 48 pipelines while the PS3 has 24 and 8 that work separately. This is why many multi-platform games have less framerate issues on the XBox 360 than on the PS3. A perfect example would be Fallout 3, don't deny it, you'll just be lying to yourself. Also, the Xenos chip has 2 GPUs so there is more anti-aliasing(search that on Google if you don't know what it means). Now the PS3's CPU can "help out" the GPU so it's not too far behind. What's behind is the Wii, just look at any of it's games.

The Xbox 360 controller is also better. Every now and then when I put my PS3 down, my L2/R2 button will accidentally be pressed. I was playing Zombies in COD4 and accidentally threw a grenade, killing the survivors which led to me getting booted. This will never happen with an Xbox 360 controller unless you force it. The way the XBox 360 controller is made, makes my hand feel really comfortable when holding it. That may just be my opinion, but it applies to many of my friends as well.

The RROD is becoming less of a problem(since Jan. '09). All Xbox 360s have 3 year warranties. Xbox games are fun in my opinion. I don't like Halo but I like Forza. No, I LOVE Forza. I also enjoy playing Gears of War and Horde mode.

Now to make you PS3 fanboys feel good again, I'll state some cons of the Xbox 360. I really dislike the the giant power brick. The PS3 has an internal one so we don't have to fuss about carrying it around. The Xbox 360 is also extremely loud. The PS3 does get loud eventually, but that's just the dust. Cleaning it out will solve the problem. Also, unlike the XBox 360 menu, the PS3s XMB menu just seems a whole lot easier. The waves calm me down.... I'm not lying.

I should stop here because this post is getting pretty long.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 3:26 am

I don't think paying $50 dollars a year is too much, but I'm already paying for rent and phone bill, adding that does add to the stack. Plus, I rather not worry if I have online or not, I just want to get home and play, and PS3 being free for use of PSN is great.

If graphics is what you care about in video games instead of game play and re playability, then I guess you can choose to make that argument. What the Xbox lacks in that many people deny they need is Blu-ray. Having multi-layered games help out tremendously and for people saying they don't need a Blu-ray player or Blu-ray games needs some serious help. (I'm not pointing fingers in this forum, just a history of people who have stated this to me beforehand.)

Controller is more to the preference of certain people. There are triggers you can buy to make them "Xbox-like" but it's really based on opinion, as you stated.

Red rings may not be a problem now, but the countless people with the issue outnumber the people with YLOD back when the happenings occurred.

The reasons I don't like or prefer the Xbox over the PS3 is exclusive titles. Just like when the PS2 had everything anyone wanted, the PS3 can be and is getting to be equally as great. Bill Gates can buy whatever he can.

This is all opinion. I KNOW there will be no one who agrees or shares the same sentiments as I do, but it's just to stat my opinion in this whole console epidemic.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:48 am

I do care about gameplay but I was talking about graphics because it seems that many people are talking about it, not only from this forum. What you said about Blu-ray games is true to some extent but it is still possible to make great games without the use of a Blu-ray disc. The Call of Duty series is a perfect example.

I agree with all of your other points that you've stated.
Back to top Go down
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member
Alivad

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Now, let us hold hands.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm not here to start trouble, just a healthy debate. I enjoy any console, as long as I'm having a good time. I just feel PS3 has some advantages currently. Xbox was the better deal not too long ago, but I feel the PS3 has grown.

Everyone has an opinion and I respect it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:52 pm

I enjoy this healthy debate. It's probably the first debate I actually read all the way through because there was no "OH YEAH, WELL YOU SUCK" comments.

To add my opinion, I like the ps3 controller better. I've played both and I personally like a smaller controller. I use to have a tiny ps2 controller and I loved that thing, but yes, it is definitely a preference.

I also agree that one of xbox's big selling points was it's exclusives. They took a lot of games from Sony, and had their own exclusives like Halo and L4D. But now, ps3 is definitely killing the xbox in exclusives. Not only does sony have plenty of exclusives coming out, but any exclusive xbox has is on pc. And any game on the pc can be stolen, just saying.

Once again, this is just my opinion. And I agree with everything said so far.
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
xbox to ps3 Default6
gggfrt

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:30 am

I am a PS3 person, and I think that the controller is better. as Death stated, it is smaller.
Also, you don't need the system repaired for the "yellow light of death" as you do for the "red ring of death." At this link: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pslounge&thread.id=267865
there is a list of PS3 exclusives, some released, some unreleased.

I think that playing multiplayer free is better than pay $50 a year. I don't think that $50 a year is a lot, but if someone walked up to me and said "do you want $50 or $0 right now?" i would take the $50.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:51 am

Can you explain the Yellow Light of Death thing to me? How can you fix it without repairing it?

Quote :
I don't think that $50 a year is a lot, but if someone walked up to me and said "do you want $50 or $0 right now?" i would take the $50.
I would take it even if it was a dollar. Free money is better than no money. Why would someone not want free money?

@ death and MadMike
I also like good and health debates, especially while I'm eating my 5 fruits and vegetables everyday!! I freaking love broccoli! YEAH!
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
xbox to ps3 Default6
gggfrt

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:20 am

Blink wrote:
Can you explain the Yellow Light of Death thing to me? How can you fix it without repairing it?

Quote :
I don't think that $50 a year is a lot, but if someone walked up to me and said "do you want $50 or $0 right now?" i would take the $50.
I would take it even if it was a dollar. Free money is better than no money. Why would someone not want free money?

@ death and MadMike
I also like good and health debates, especially while I'm eating my 5 fruits and vegetables everyday!! I freaking love broccoli! YEAH!

meaning you don't have to send it back to get it repaired. It's happened twice to mine and all I had to do was unplug it. And I feel that we have an awesome debate going here also. tongue
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:16 am

There are YLODs that require people to send their PS3 in for repairs. It is also possible to fix the RROD without sending your Xbox to Microsoft to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

xbox to ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox to ps3   xbox to ps3 Empty

Back to top Go down

xbox to ps3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Consoles :: Xbox Zone-
Jump to: