Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Person vs. 3rd Person

Go down 
+11
XBUNKERFACEX
jacobgourlay
The_AnG3L_oF_Cod
~Legendary_DL~
keroberus2
CNicol11
Blink
MADMike
Silly Psycho
Alivad
death_unites_us
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

1st Person vs. 3rd Person Empty
PostSubject: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Now, I think most people will probably say 1st person is better. Mostly because it's what we are used to. But, how are you guys liking the new 3rd person?

I personally LOVE the 3rd person aspect. It's like an entirely different game. After I have been playing regular old 1st person for so long, its nice to jump into a 3rd person game to keep things fresh. It's interesting, it's unique, and I PWN in 3rd person ;P

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member
Alivad

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:08 pm

3rd person is gay as hell. Nothing but campers and trash-talking hillbillies and British dudes. Ruined my K/D for playing it seven times in a roll.
Back to top Go down
Silly Psycho
4-8Member
4-8Member
Silly Psycho

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:15 pm

haven't tried it but im used to 3rd person view from games like resident evil....
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:49 pm

I think it's ok, my friends made a private match to try it out and magically I raped. I even killed 3 guys by throwing knives. Pretty ridiculous. Razz

It's cool though, but first person is best for me.
Back to top Go down
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Honestly, I think third person mode sucks.

Main reason: they just pulled the camera back a bit, literally

The experience is the exact same and you can tell that the game isn't meant to be played in third person mode.
Back to top Go down
CNicol11
4-8Member
4-8Member
CNicol11

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:27 pm

I've only used it once but in a private match and it's ok - it feels slightly Saints Row-ish, but I still prefer 1st person
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:06 am

i think MGS4 had and still does have the best 3rd person. That compared to this makes this 3rd person look bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:19 am

I think that it is great, but is almost to easy for anyone that was a hardcore 1st person player. Despite this it still is a fresh perspective and is alot of fun and is great way to rack up the k/d ratio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 1st   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:20 am

1st person unless I'm using my Riot Shield. I love both and it was great to give us the option for third person, though I thought they should have made more public options for 3rd.
Back to top Go down
keroberus2
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Alivad wrote:
3rd person is gay as hell. Nothing but campers and trash-talking hillbillies and British dudes. Ruined my K/D for playing it seven times in a roll.

I feel somewhat insulted and disgusted you must hate on my country like that, especially when 90% of the British population do not even know what an FPS is.

Anyway, 3rd person is incomparable to 1st person, they feel different as a whole, from the way you aim and move, to the ease of spotting people and long distancing. Though, there is no problem with changing from both modes to me, I use 10 sensitivity. ^_^.

3rd person gives an almost Gears of War feel to it, but in my personal opinion, much more preferable.

Whilst I prefer 1st person (I bought Modern Warfare 2 with the intentions of an FPS, not a TPS), it does break the normal routine of FPS gameplay, and it's nice for a break.)

Kudos to variation, boo to the haters Smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:28 pm

i think it's ok, because it sorta is stupid though... because people just sit behind a corner of a building and sit there till someone runs down the ally-way ( favela ) and pop you right when u run down... And I advise NEVER I mean NEVER use an ACOG scope on 3rd person for snipers! i tried and a little tiny + is the cross hairs... and i was hiding behind a heater to prevent from getting shot and everytime i hade the crosshairs on the enemy, I would shoot the edge of the heater or whatever LOL i felt stupid after... but while in gameplay I was flipping out!

So I for one do not like 3rd person... =\
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:36 pm

I actually like it. It keeps you on your toes. Also its a good way to see how your character actually moves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:48 pm

i think 3rd person is a lil 2 easy so i gotta go wit 1st
Back to top Go down
~Legendary_DL~
New User
New User
~Legendary_DL~

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Personaly I love the 3RD person games, granted it does have a few flaws but it takes some skill in playing if your used to 1ST person gameplay.
clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown

Oh and it helps alot for people that make videos like the machinima people. Otherwise its awsome! affraid affraid

Last edited by ~Legendary_DL~ on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:20 pm

i think its a nice change

i agree it does feel like a different game just because you can see more and look around corners its like metal gear solid 4 but at the same time you know your still playing mw2
Back to top Go down
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member
Alivad

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:45 pm

keroberus2 wrote:
Alivad wrote:

I feel somewhat insulted and disgusted you must hate on my country like that, especially when 90% of the British population do not even know what an FPS is.

And I feel disgusted that you feel that you are part of some of the people that obviously have not been properly raised to use an efficient vocabulary. It's not like I said, "every single *censored*-ass British dude is an *censored*." Besides, it's not hating. Then again, I knew that reponses much like yours were bound to crawl up my alley due to misunderstanding or sensetivity. If you feel disgusted or insulted in any way then be my guest. I'm just telling it like it is. In any case, I'm probably the least most insulting guy you'll meet. So, compared to some of those trash-talkers I previously mentioned, I am a saint.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Alivad wrote:
keroberus2 wrote:
Alivad wrote:

And I feel disgusted that you feel that you are part of some of the people that obviously have not been properly raised to use an efficient vocabulary. It's not like I said, "every single *censored*-ass British dude is an *censored*." Besides, it's not hating. Then again, I knew that reponses much like yours were bound to crawl up my alley due to misunderstanding or sensetivity. If you feel disgusted or insulted in any way then be my guest. I'm just telling it like it is. In any case, I'm probably the least most insulting guy you'll meet. So, compared to some of those trash-talkers I previously mentioned, I am a saint.

Getting a little edgy here. Everybody take a breather and pop an aspirin Smile
Back to top Go down
keroberus2
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Alivad wrote:
keroberus2 wrote:
Alivad wrote:

If you see yourself as the kind of man that does not insult, then you either only do that to your own country of origin, or you have a funny way of showing it. The fact that you were slagging off a country in which nothing bad or illicit has been done to you by, it's pretty appauling. You don't walk around going "Hello Paki, got a bomb on your chest today?" or "All Paki's are bombers", so why'd you do the same with us? (May I state that these view I do not hold, they are just common stereotypes/racist remarks that are held by the minority)

And if I misinterpreted your words, then you were not entirely clear in your meaning. The English language is there to transfer the message in your head, to mine. If you get misunderstandings, a read from the dictionary might do you good. I'll also appologise, if it was a misconception; one tends to defend one's own turf when under supposed attack (Apart from Pearl Harbor, lol.)

I am not like the council estate scum in this country, which unfortunately makes the majority of the stereotype for us.

And, thank you Death_unites_us. I think I will. I'm in this thread to talk about Game modes, not turf battles (Which is not the best of games either.)

Last edited by keroberus2 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alivad
4-8Member
4-8Member
Alivad

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Say no more. If I really get into it then we'll both be at it for days; resulting in my ban.

I'll hand you the helm before we both regret the coming storm. The last thing I want is an enemy. And I slagged a group of certain individuals by the way, not the country itself. I also already stated my reason for my outburst. Racism is no excuse.

Quote :
It's not like I said, "every single *censored*-ass British dude is an *censored*."

Nuff said.

And buddy (death), if I do get out of hand in the future, by all means ban me. Just because I am an old friend gives me no excuse to mess with your forum.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:16 am

Alivad wrote:
And buddy (death), if I do get out of hand in the future, by all means ban me. Just because I am an old friend gives me no excuse to mess with your forum.

Noted. But, I don't think that'll happen.

Unless you insult techno. If you insult techno, let god have mercy on your soul.

And keroberus2, no need to thank me, it was a joke to lighten the mood is all. If you wanted a serious conversation then I'd have to lose the enthusiasm, but I'd rather not, because bad things happen when I do Smile
Back to top Go down
The_AnG3L_oF_Cod
New User
New User

PostSubject: 3rd person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 9:25 pm

right now im loving 3rd person!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:57 pm

TPS is pretty sweet, I enjoyed the first time I played it online. If you like FPS on MW2 then you definitely gotta try out the TPS. Razz
Back to top Go down
jacobgourlay
4-8Member
4-8Member
jacobgourlay

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:30 pm

1st
Back to top Go down
XBUNKERFACEX
4-8Member
4-8Member
XBUNKERFACEX

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Alivad wrote:
i lmfao'd irl
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
1st Person vs. 3rd Person Default6

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:41 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Now, I think most people will probably say 1st person is better. Mostly because it's what we are used to. But, how are you guys liking the new 3rd person?

I personally LOVE the 3rd person aspect. It's like an entirely different game. After I have been playing regular old 1st person for so long, its nice to jump into a 3rd person game to keep things fresh. It's interesting, it's unique, and I PWN in 3rd person ;P

What are your thoughts?

im pretty good in them i got my 1st nuke in there when i was a ps3 newbie i used oma danger close noob tubes and commando Very Happy
anyway you wanna play some 3rd person ima beast at it
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Person vs. 3rd Person   1st Person vs. 3rd Person Empty

Back to top Go down

1st Person vs. 3rd Person
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Gaming :: The Call of Duty Franchise-
Jump to: