Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is the ACR the best assault rifle????

Go down 
+7
Blink
death_unites_us
superflydrew
twistedcakes
StrikerZX
keroberus2
CNicol11
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? Empty
PostSubject: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:19 pm

I think the TAR-21 is best personally but everyone says ACRis the best...
Back to top Go down
CNicol11
4-8Member
4-8Member
CNicol11

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:25 pm

They are both good - my opinions.

TAR: Very good all-round assault rifle

Pros: Fast rate of fire, awesome Iron Sights and very strong

Cons: Really bad RDS - and I mean really bad!

ACR: Same as Tar pretty much

Pros: Pretty much everything you need in an Assault Rifle

Cons: For me it eats up ammo, Not as fast rate of fire as the TAR

So there pretty evenly matched but I prefer the ACR. Smile
Back to top Go down
keroberus2
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Personally, I'd say no.

To me, the ACR, whilst having a scorpion like recoil feel, (COD4 Scorpion ftw), the damage input feels somewhat low, and in close combat, a loss is usually inevitable.

I prefer a gun that packs a punch, and that would have to be the M16A4.

After playing Cod 4 for over 600 hours and using 10 sensitivity, popping your scope from one person to another is not difficult, and you begin to wonder how you can conserve ammunition when going from kill to kill. Burst guns do just that.

Yes, they do require more precision and might not be best for the newcomers, but if you can aim directly on someone, one touch of the trigger, and they fall down with ease. Even up close, a well aimed ADS or hip fire can put down an SMG user.

Overall:

1st = M16
2nd = M4A1/Scar-H
3rd = Famas
4th = ACR
5th = Tar

I cannot compare the listed guns to the AK47 and the one that I can't remember the name of. I have not tried those guns extensively enough to give a valid review.
Back to top Go down
StrikerZX
4-8Member
4-8Member
StrikerZX

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:28 pm

keroberus2 wrote:
Personally, I'd say no.

To me, the ACR, whilst having a scorpion like recoil feel, (COD4 Scorpion ftw), the damage input feels somewhat low, and in close combat, a loss is usually inevitable.

I prefer a gun that packs a punch, and that would have to be the M16A4.

After playing Cod 4 for over 600 hours and using 10 sensitivity, popping your scope from one person to another is not difficult, and you begin to wonder how you can conserve ammunition when going from kill to kill. Burst guns do just that.

Yes, they do require more precision and might not be best for the newcomers, but if you can aim directly on someone, one touch of the trigger, and they fall down with ease. Even up close, a well aimed ADS or hip fire can put down an SMG user.

Overall:

1st = M16
2nd = M4A1/Scar-H
3rd = Famas
4th = ACR
5th = Tar

I cannot compare the listed guns to the AK47 and the one that I can't remember the name of. I have not tried those
guns extensively enough to give a valid review.

i agree with you on those terms exceptionally on the tar

the rds on the tar is bull**** ( forgive me for my pottymouth)

the acr though doesn't pack that much of a punch

but hella good at longrange

well i am a longrange player

so i prefer the acr over the tar

plus the acr sounds alot cooler then tar LOL

I mean come on, ACR FTW
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lightningx65

PostSubject: Not really   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:13 am

I mean the ACR is ok but I prefer something like the Scar or TAR, Silencers of course.

It's all down to user preference, now excuse me but I'm going to get off the computer and play MW2. Have fun and happy hunting. ;p
Back to top Go down
twistedcakes
4-8Member
4-8Member
twistedcakes

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 pm

persnolly i hate the tar as im used to killing people from the other side of the map really.

so my top 5 assualt rifles are:

#1-M16
#2-Scar-H
#3-M4A1? i think it's called?
#4-ACR
#5-Fal

before you all shout at me for not putting the Famas in, i just thinks it's like a kids toy really. dosn't have the grunt i'd want from a gun. just a bit petit and weak really (even if it is a 1 shot kill)
Back to top Go down
superflydrew
New User
New User
superflydrew

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:57 pm

cheers acr tar are pritty much at the same level but?????? tar looks like a halo gun and i cant be seen with a halo gun srry tar. ACR BABY cheers

Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? Superflydrew
PS3 Trophies
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:36 am

I like the ACR, haven't tried much of the others, besides picking them up randomly.

The Scar is pretty good, too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Blink
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 am

I like the ACR because that is probably the only gun I've never seen before, or at least in a game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: srry   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 am

sorry death the scar has like 15 rounds in the clip and the ACR has like 35 no ? the ACR is better way more accuracy and amazing ironsights
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: No best AR is...   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:02 am

AK-47 is awesome, when you guys unlock I suggest play a few match you'll find it's fast and deadly even without SP.

RDS on it is horrible other than that really anything on it is good. Shocked
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Everyone is going to have a separate opinion. I think the M4A1 is the best like the M4 Carbine was to me in COD4.

If I had to rank it'd be the following:

1 - M4A1
2 - AK-47
3 - TAR-21
4 - M16A4
5 - ACR/Scar
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
gggfrt
"gg"
Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? Default6
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:13 pm

It depends on your playing style. (correct me if I'm wrong) Doesn't the Tar fire 3 at a time like the M-16? These weapons are for people who want a more controlled assault rifle. If you spray and pray, (like myself) it all depends on if you want high power, or high firing rate.

My favorite's the Scar. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twistedcakes
4-8Member
4-8Member
twistedcakes

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:41 am

gggfrt wrote:
It depends on your playing style. (correct me if I'm wrong) Doesn't the Tar fire 3 at a time like the M-16? These weapons are for people who want a more controlled assault rifle. If you spray and pray, (like myself) it all depends on if you want high power, or high firing rate.

the only 3 bullet burst guns are the m16 and the awful famas
Back to top Go down
wilzoe
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
wilzoe

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 11:49 am

ACR = best assult rifle woop woop
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TehWilzoe
gggfrt
"gg"
Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? Default6
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:28 pm

twistedcakes wrote:
gggfrt wrote:

the only 3 bullet burst guns are the m16 and the awful famas

i knew there was the tar or famas. i dont use those 2 often...
Back to top Go down
Dempentseka
4-8Member
4-8Member

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

I go with Famas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the ACR the best assault rifle????   Is the ACR the best assault rifle???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the ACR the best assault rifle????
Page 1 of 1