Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I signed up for the Gamestop competition.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
solidshark91493
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
solidshark91493

I signed up for the Gamestop competition. Empty
PostSubject: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:20 pm

First prize 30 grand.

http://new.ggl.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=register&Itemid=1&cobrand=cod7&Itemid=70

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Tournament is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia (except residents of Vermont) who: 1) are 17 years of age or older at time of entry; and 2) have an Xbox live subscription prior to November 19, 2010. Tournament participants MUST be age 17 or older to compete. A parent or legal guardian's consent will NOT be accepted for anyone under 17 years old. Void in Vermont and where prohibited by law. For more information including deadline dates, complete official rules and for a list of stores hosting Round 1 of the Tournament, go to www.gamestop.com/codblackops. Sponsor: GameStop, Inc.

Starts 12/13/10

How can I play in the round one online tournament?

Contestants must sign up for the tournament at www.ggl.com/gamestop during the registration period, be 17 years of age or older, have an internet connection, a valid Xbox Live Gold Subscription or PSN account, Xbox 360/PS3, and Call of Duty: Black Ops for Xbox 360/PS3.

What if I don’t have team, can I play in the round one online tournament?

A team must consist of 4 players and you must be on a team to compete. You can sign-up for the tournament and then search for teammates.

When is the registration period for the online tournament?

Players must register at www.ggl.com/gamestop starting on 11/20. The online tournament begins on 12/13.

How long is the online tournament?

Ladder Play starts on 12/13/10 and ends on 1/9/10.

How many players advance from the online portion of the tournament to the Finals?

The top 4 teams from the online only tournament will advance to the finals.

What is the prizing for each tournament round?

Finalists - Top 4 teams from online ladder play qualify for a trip to the Finals Event (Location TBD) Finals – 1st place in 1v1 finals tournament will receive $4,000 and the winning teams of the 4v4 finals tournament will receive $13,000 ($3,250 per player) cash grand prize ($13,000 per platform)

What are the tournament game play rules?

* The tournament will be played on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
* Players must use the controllers that are provided by the store.
* No memory cards or third party memory devices can be used by contestants.
* Tournament will be organized into a bracket-style single elimination format
* Contestants will be paired off randomly for the opening match. If there are an odd number of contestants in the opening match, the GameStop Tournament staff will randomly determine the contestant who will receive the opening match bye.
* Maps will be selected by GameStop tournament staff.
* No leaving the outside of the map selected by the Gamestop employee.
* Players will play on a split –screen but are not allowed to look at the other players screen.
* In the 1v1 tournament, 2 players will face off in a multiplayer deathmatch with a 5 minute time limit.
* Play will continue until the last two contestants remaining compete. The winner of the tournament will receive the RD1 prize. The winner, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place all advance to RD2.
* Any action designed to disrupt the opposing player’s view of their screen is prohibited.
* In the event of an outage of power, accidental unplugging, system freeze or some other event not in either player's control that would not allow the participants to finish the game, the game will be restarted.
* The game settings are the following:

o 1v1 Multiplayer Maps (GameStop Tournament Staff choice for each match):
o 1. NukeTown
o 2. Summit
o 3. Firing Range

o 1v1 Multiplayer settings
o 1. Time limit: 5 minutes
o 2. Score limit: 1000 points

* No class restrictions
* The winner of each game will be determined by final score and will move on to the next game. (If the game is tied after the time limit, the game will go into 1 minute overtime where the most points wins.
* GameStop Tournament Director and/or GameStop employees have the final ruling regarding any mediation of the tournament

Thought you guys might be intrested. and I need a team haha
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
I signed up for the Gamestop competition. Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:24 pm

I would totally play but i'm not going to for two reasons.

1. Connection.
2. To my knowledge, no one hear has played competitive (not that i've heard off so dont take offense to that please.)
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Saint570 wrote:

1. Connection.
2. To my knowledge, no one hear has played competitive (not that i've heard off so dont take offense to that please.)

i could i can be a tryhard but atm im unsure what 2 do in the game like i dont know what to do with my cod points n *censored* and im more use to unlock a gun use it pwn noobs but to much stuff like money in a war game confuses me you wouldnt get 30000 in war im into just get a gun and pwn i even own with the m1grand from w@w i gotta really high killstreak with that not usin dogs just artilary and uav whatever its called
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Saint570 wrote:

1. Connection.

i play competitive on non-cod games.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:21 am

I don't take cod seriously enough. I know that sounds strange, but with a game like cod where too many people cheat use lame tricks ect. I find no need to take it seriously all the time. If I really wanted to be competitive, I would take time out of the week to practice, and I would be a crazy try hard. Instead I like to play casually and have fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
solidshark91493
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
solidshark91493

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:25 am

True. but the thought of winning 30 G's is pretty cool. although as mike said theres way to many try hards and guys who find ways to get around dying in this game. although I did find out that no controllers can be brought to the competition.. like modded ones.. they are provided by gamestop.. so thats pretty fair.
Back to top Go down
Bloodharbringer
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:13 am

death_unites_us wrote:
I don't take cod seriously enough. I know that sounds strange, but with a game like cod where too many people cheat use lame tricks ect. I find no need to take it seriously all the time. If I really wanted to be competitive, I would take time out of the week to practice, and I would be a crazy try hard. Instead I like to play casually and have fun.

that's what i'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 am

LOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 am

Saint570 wrote:

LOLOLOL

lol that was extremely entertaining.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I signed up for the Gamestop competition.   I signed up for the Gamestop competition. Empty

Back to top Go down

I signed up for the Gamestop competition.
Page 1 of 1