Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
Bloodharbringer

UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review] Empty
PostSubject: UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review]   UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review] EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 am

Foreword:

I've been in posession of the first uncharted game for quite some time now, but i never came to finishing it, lately, my friends Peter and Zoë have been urging me to finish it, and then get the second one, so i ordered the second one, which arrived yesterday,and around the same time of its arrival, I finished the first one.
here is my Review.

To start, I'll say that there aren't many games of it's type, so far i only know of the Tomb raider series and Damnation, for those who do not now of Damnation, it's an uncharted/Tomb raider style game, but flopped in it's masses, and like all who own this game, I can say it was not worth it, and one of the most horrible games on the PLAYSTATION 3 to date.

let us continue.

I said that there are not many games of it's kind, and this can easily be explained by the amount of depth and work the games must have to succeed (like this, Damnation failed.) a perfect balance between gameplay and storyline has been made in [Drake's fortune] and both are incredible. The gameplay can de described as fast-paced, but tactical at the same time, you could rush in, but you'd have to take some breaks for the incredible firefights inbetween, as for the Cinematic scenes, they have been executed with beauty and accuracy known to a very little amount games, of course, some games have scenes much better than these, but it is the balance that makes the point. some games such as Resident Evil 5, have great gameplay, and amazing cinematic and cut-scenes, however these scenes would often take too long, and might often be unessential, leaving the game a bore at some points, this is something that UNCHARTED: Drake's fortune has perfected, the perfect balance between Gameplay and Cut-and-cinematic scenes.

Said this, you may comment having read up to this point

the weaponry featured in this game is fairly vulgar, and found in many games. however, as in all games, it is what you do with the weapons that makes the difference, i'll give an example, the pistols and handguns in the game feel honestly powerful, this is what makes the guns in the game satisfactory, if you have ever played Battlefield bad Company 2, you will know that the sound and feeling of the guns are powerful, and make you feel like you are wielding an actual weapon, you would also excel in the feeling that the sounds give you, being pure and well, powerful (I'll repeat it.) then if you play any Call of Duty game up to now, this feeling is unexistent. you will feel as if you have a stick and are shouting pew pew pew at your enemy. ( I am not dismissing COD here, it is just a common fact.) UNCHARTED almost has the same feel of weaponry as Battlefield, and that is a great feat.

the replay value of this game, is sadly enough, not very much toward the casual gamer, however, to trophy hunters and true hardcore gamers, the replay value stands high and dry, and once you're finished collecting everything, you'll feel the satisfaction of accomplishment, since the Platinum, and the finishing 100% is also, quite the feat [Thanks to Peter for this information] I will repeat, however, that to a casual gamer this game will most likely be a one-shot, and once the story mode is finished there's a great chance you'll never touch the game again.

you love it, or you hate it. that I know. I mentioned my two friends Peter and Zoë in the first paragraph, but i have some friends who absolutely despise the game, not wanting anything to do with it, and hating it like a pensioned man would hate drum and bass. sadly enough, people's opinions are people's opinions, and however great the game might seem to most of us, some of us won't like it, and that's just too bad.

-Thank you for reading this review till the end, I know it might be flawed, and short to some, long to others. but it's a shot at writing a review, and I dearly hope you enjoyed it.

-R7
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review]   UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review] EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:26 am

I agree with everything, and I think the game was a huge step in the right direction and, to be honest, gets even better in the sequel. I see nothing but positive things from the game, and I see it as setting some of the standards for other games to come. I enjoyed this, you should do more! I think you'll love Uncharted 2 even more.

I do think the game needs a bit of flare with some weapons, but they are used well, the only thing I didn't like was the aiming system, it felt a bit off, but I feel it gets improved in the sequel.

And yes, Damnation was pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Bloodharbringer
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review]   UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review] EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:41 am

MADMike wrote:
I agree with everything, and I think the game was a huge step in the right direction and, to be honest, gets even better in the sequel. I see nothing but positive things from the game, and I see it as setting some of the standards for other games to come. I enjoyed this, you should do more! I think you'll love Uncharted 2 even more.

I do think the game needs a bit of flare with some weapons, but they are used well, the only thing I didn't like was the aiming system, it felt a bit off, but I feel it gets improved in the sequel.

thank you! i hope aswell that i'll enjoy 2 as much, if not more as i did the first one.

also, maybe you and I should play damnation. it would make an interesting happening.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review]   UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review] EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 am

Bloodharbringer wrote:
MADMike wrote:

thank you! i hope aswell that i'll enjoy 2 as much, if not more as i did the first one.

also, maybe you and I should play damnation. it would make an interesting happening.

If I ever decide to rent it again, perhaps, won't be too bad an idea, but I'll see if I can get it without other games distracting me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review]   UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review] Empty

Back to top Go down

UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune [R7 respective review]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Gaming :: The Uncharted Series-
Jump to: