Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How should I get back into Nintendo?

Go down 
+3
Rafix
Bloodharbringer
death_unites_us
7 posters
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

How should I get back into Nintendo? Empty
PostSubject: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:59 am

Alright, I must admit, I miss Nintendo. A lot. Like, you wouldn't believe. I used to love sonic, not as much as I do now, but I loved super smash bros, i loved mario, i loved pikmin, i loved metroid prime, I loved kirby, the list goes on. There are so many amazing game series on Nintendo that I want to return to, but I don't know how to get back into nintendo.

I don't want to buy a wii. I hate the wii. I don't like the controllers, I don't like anything about it. The wii is the biggest reason why I'm not up to snuff with the latest nintendo stuff. When I want to play nintendo, I jump on my gamecube.

As for portable gaming, I freaking love my DS. But I'm so away from portable gaming now that I wouldn't buy a 3DS.

So, what do I do now? I hear there's a Pikmin 3 coming out for wii-u, and omg do I want to play it, and there's still a metroid I never got to play on the wii. I never got into Super Smash Bros Brawl, and I've always wanted to play Super Mario Galaxy. But, the Wii-U? I just don't know man, it looks ridiculous. Maybe it's more of a portable gaming meets console gaming thing, but I'm not into portable gaming anymore sadly. Buying a wii now..I guess that would be uber cheap, but idk, I just hate that thing. Although part of my thinks that if I just get a wii and use gamecube controllers, I would be set. But aren't I taking away from the game if I do that? Will Metroid 3 with a gamecube controller really be better than Metroid Prime with the same controller? Idk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Bloodharbringer
You will make this my new veteran comment
You will make this my new veteran comment
Bloodharbringer

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:58 pm

celebrate your love for nintendo by not buying a WiiU and setting up an emulator for the wii, awaiting the day that one for the WiiU comes out.

also. fuck nintendo, their last good console was the gamecube, and even that only lived on third party games that had better versions on other consoles.

sorry. i love nintendo for their first party games, but i think it's time for them to step out of the console gaming industry. their handhelds are good, i'll give them that, and leading the handheld market against... a psp and a vita. yeah, not much competish, but their systems are good and flawless. their Wii sucks donkey nuts and the WiiU definitely will aswell.

also, imagine fucking pikmin on PC, PS3 and xBox. yeah, that awesome.

Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Animal Crossing.... ANNIIMAAALLL CCRROOSSIINNGG... and Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Half Life, Heavy Rain, God of War, Halo 3... All good games... All for the Nintendo Wee. Just live in that reality... if not forever then just for a few seconds...

I'm probably not making any sense, but that's because I still play the N64, but I missed out on it as a kid.

I do plan on buying a wii soon, just to play the games I missed, and I can play Gamecube games on there, so it's the best of both worlds. Now for a completely out of place but related image

How should I get back into Nintendo? Wtfff10

I think I just had a mental breakdown... I'm scared...
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:36 pm

As much as I hate the Wii controls, I loved Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and The Legend of Zelda games. I hate the whole motion controllers primary type deal, but they didn't completely ruin themselves.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Or you can watch this video and realize that the Wii is the 'superior' console. It may have it's flaws (Crazy) but still... Don't ask how I found the video (Dodger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ZxW93XjFc&feature=related

Or you can always go with Steam. He's the coolest anyway.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:40 am

Rafix wrote:
Animal Crossing.... ANNIIMAAALLL CCRROOSSIINNGG... and Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Half Life, Heavy Rain, God of War, Halo 3... All good games... All for the Nintendo Wee. Just live in that reality... if not forever then just for a few seconds...

I'm probably not making any sense, but that's because I still play the N64, but I missed out on it as a kid.

I do plan on buying a wii soon, just to play the games I missed, and I can play Gamecube games on there, so it's the best of both worlds. Now for a completely out of place but related image

See, that's what I was thinking, buying a wii just to play those games that I missed. And I'm sure they would be super cheap, too.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:

See, that's what I was thinking, buying a wii just to play those games that I missed. And I'm sure they would be super cheap, too.

Exactly!

I'm gonna get rid of hannah, she scares me sometimes. I mean, who lives two lives? Seriously
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
How should I get back into Nintendo? Default6

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:19 pm

YOU WERE INSIDE A NINTENDO?!
IMPOSSIBRU!
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Djrella
4-8Member
4-8Member
Djrella

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 6:56 pm

GET A N64!
Back to top Go down
http://djrella.webs.com
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Rafix wrote:
Animal Crossing....  ANNIIMAAALLL CCRROOSSIINNGG... and Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Half Life, Heavy Rain, God of War, Halo 3... All good games... All for the Nintendo Wee. Just live in that reality... if not forever then just for a few seconds...

Holy shit, was I having an aneurysm when I posted this?

Is aneurysm even the word I'm thinking of?
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:02 pm

...Get a 2DS?
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:54 pm

gggfrt wrote:
...Get a 2DS?
Nnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo~
Back to top Go down
Djrella
4-8Member
4-8Member
Djrella

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:35 pm

gggfrt wrote:
...Get a 2DS?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?
Suspect 
Back to top Go down
http://djrella.webs.com
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Djrella wrote:
gggfrt wrote:
...Get a 2DS?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?
Suspect 
Hey, I actually think the 2DS is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:48 am

Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:51 am

Rafix wrote:
-No breaking hinges
-Cheaper than 3DS and can still play 3DS games
-Sturdier, more kid friendly design
-Big enough so a parent would have to keep it and give it to the kid when they;re allowed to play
-Can't hurt eyes with overuse/wrong use of the 3D

It's well designed for children.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:20 pm

gggfrt wrote:
Rafix wrote:
-No breaking hinges
-Cheaper than 3DS and can still play 3DS games
-Sturdier, more kid friendly design
-Big enough so a parent would have to keep it and give it to the kid when they;re allowed to play
-Can't hurt eyes with overuse/wrong use of the 3D

Well yeah, for children. Aside from that, I think it's kinda ugly, hate the size, prefer hinges, and adore the 3D. So, y'know, whatever.

It's not really targeted towards me though, that's abundantly clear. That's what the 3DS xl was for.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 pm

gggfrt wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking about Nintendo in general.
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:44 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
gggfrt wrote:
That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:53 pm

gggfrt wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
gggfrt wrote:
Agreed. You just gotta find the right games. In all honesty, pretty much all of my all-time favorite games/series are Nintendo licensed (Or published by Nintendo? I'unno)
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:40 am

gggfrt wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
gggfrt wrote:
I agree with that, I just wish I had the money to spend on the new Nintendo Consoles, because there's not much sense in spending money on a new console that I'll only like a few games for.

Still, I miss so many Nintendo Franchises, Metriod Kirby Pikmin and Mario to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:01 am

death_unites_us wrote:
gggfrt wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
gggfrt wrote:
I agree with that, I just wish I had the money to spend on the new Nintendo Consoles, because there's not much sense in spending money on a new console that I'll only like a few games for.

Still, I miss so many Nintendo Franchises, Metriod Kirby Pikmin and Mario to name a few.
Guess you've got a point. But still, if its fun and entertaining I'd say it's worth it.

I dunno, it's up to you.

But I'd just use Gamestop rewards points on a coupon for a 3DS (Used console one I think) and buy it that way. It's what I did and I saved something like $40 on my XL. Then if you want suggestions, I've got a ton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How should I get back into Nintendo?   How should I get back into Nintendo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Consoles :: Nintendo Zone-
Jump to: