Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blops II Overall verdict?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Blops II Overall verdict? Empty
PostSubject: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 pm

So, what is you guy's overall verdicts on the game?

Honestly, if CoD4 hadn't been my first CoD, then this one would probably be my favorite.

-I love the Emblem editor, where I spend most of my time, plus the option to have more than one emblem is great. They've really improved it.
-I really enjoy the feel of the game in general, with a few exceptions.
-The pick 10 thing is great, I like how it works.
-The story is decent and the credits are the best thing ever.
-etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Blops II Overall verdict? Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Campaign was damn awesome, i really don't care how "far-fetched" people might say it is, It was insane. Story was a little Lol at times but still, awesome. I like the fact you also have choices to make, always makes the game feel more personal when your actions actually matter Wink

Multi player, pretty much agree with you on that mate. It's solid. The best CoD since 4 definetly, Treyarch have really came along since WaW which was just a simple reskin of CoD4, Honestly theres little for me to complain about. The Lag compensation is the main thing i hate, but thats also cause i'm used to dedicated servers nowadays but it really doesn't get in the way since i rarely rush nowadays.

+ 10 Create a class 2.0
+ Maps - Few which i seem to dislike coming up on the rotation and they actually seem to have more life to them than previous entrys imo
+ Weapon balance and variety, attachments etc
+ No FPS issues like in Black Ops 1
+ Emblem Editor, Stat tracking, SPM Leaderboards,
+ Score streaks encouraging objective play

- Lag
- The +100 is a little to transparent - if thats the right word... - Sometimes i'm not too sure when to stop firing when i have the kill, it doesn't really shoot up +100 like in MW2, etc
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:28 pm

EXACTLY!!! I thought I was the only one who hated the +100! It really throws me off. I brought it up to my brother and he thought I was crazy. The lag does suck, too, which is one of the few exceptions.

I have to agree with you on the maps, I have 2 or 3 maps that I just can't stand, Yemen being one of them. Plus the maps really do seem more colorful, which is nice, seeing as how their whole thing was "The Future is Black" and whatnot.

Also, League Play is probably the most fun I've had playing CoD for a long time. Something about actually being on a leaderboard is thrilling to me (Platinum League, BABY.)

Another thing I'm not too much of a fan of is the Zombies, surprisingly. I wish each map had an old school Zombie option. If I'm not mistaken, Survival has limited ammo, which kinda sucks. But it's still interesting, I s'pose

Oh, and the Campaign, the one thing I didn't like about that was that it was generally a "One person dies, or another person dies" situation, which kinda sucked. Like with (SPOILER) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Harper and the Arabian/Indian/Middle Eastern guy, whats-his-face, which of course I saved Harper. (END SPOILER) Which I guess that isn't really too detailed... So not really spoiling anything.

Also, Woods is still a badass.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:22 pm

I haven't finished the campaign, so I will reserve my comments for now. Don't want to give an incomplete review, that's unfair to the game.

Multiplayer is also my favorite since CoD4, and i honestly think if CoD4 wouldnt have been my first cod game, and the one I played the most, itd be better. The only thing I can say that CoD4 certainly had over every other cod was the maps. But to be honest, CoD4 did not have balanced guns, too many people realized snipers were overpowered and the acog m40 accidentally did more damage than it was supposed to, and some of the guns were VERY rarely used (the mp44). CoD4 also had connection issues, issues with inviting people, and a small amount of ways to play.

But enough about CoD4, this is about Blops 2. I'll do what Saint did, and most of what I say will be the same:

+ Create a class is INOVATED, not just changed. It really is a different way to play now.
+ Maps - Very few that I hate, voting works well, very many that I enjoy a lot.
+ Emblem editor is awesomesauce
+ Score streaks encouraging objective play. One of the biggest redeeming factors for cod, take that battlefield and halo.
+ Zombies. Haven't played much yet, but damn is it scary. Plus it brings back old guns. I took that CoD4 MP5 off the wall and I was like OHHHH YEAHHHHH
+ The score streaks. They are fun, not overpowered, and different for once. Guardians and turrets cant be knifed down which was always stupid, but if you pack an emp or black hat you can still take them out, so they aren't overpowered.
+ A lot of small things that are great. You can mute an entire team with one button. Mega cool.
+ Brought back party games. Woop woop.

- Lag, but I have hope it'll be fixed
- ~4-8 Clan tag doesn't work Sad
- Certain glitches. Scumbag care packages. Dragonfires not working. Suddenly not having a gun.

Also, I have to say told you so to just about all of you, since everybody came to me and said "How is it?" and i was like "actually, pretty damn good, you'll be surprised" and everybody said "psh, prolly not. itll be fun for a week. its cod." Well, cod has made a comeback!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 am

Finished the story...

damn...
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 am

death_unites_us wrote:
Finished the story...

damn...

I think I got the worst endings... What'd you get? I'm pretty sure I fucked everything up with the decisions :/
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am

Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Finished the story...

damn...

I think I got the worst endings... What'd you get? I'm pretty sure I fucked everything up with the decisions :/

*SPOILERS*

I kinda did too, I did all the wrong things cuz that's what I would have done, lol. Except I saved Merendez in the end instead of shooting him. But I let Farid die cuz I tried to shoot Merendez. And I don't remember what else.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 am

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Finished the story...

damn...

*SPOILERS*

I kinda did too, I did all the wrong things cuz that's what I would have done, lol. Except I saved Merendez in the end instead of shooting him. But I let Farid die cuz I tried to shoot Merendez. And I don't remember what else.

*SPOILERS AS WELL*

Ah, yeah, most things were just accidental, like burning harpers face or no. There's also the srtikeforce missions I didn't do. But it sounds like you got the same ending as me. When Woods was killed, though, I was just kinda like naw, fuck that, and redid the ending.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 am

Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Finished the story...

damn...

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS AS WELL*

Ah, yeah, most things were just accidental, like burning harpers face or no. There's also the srtikeforce missions I didn't do. But it sounds like you got the same ending as me. When Woods was killed, though, I was just kinda like naw, fuck that, and redid the ending.

*CONTINUED SPOILERS*

I know, I was pissed too when Woods died. He did kill josefina though, although it was sort of an accident. He shouldn't have thrown the grenade, I mean he coulda killed everybody there, his squad and all.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:58 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Finished the story...

damn...

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS AS WELL*

*CONTINUED SPOILERS*

I know, I was pissed too when Woods died. He did kill josefina though, although it was sort of an accident. He shouldn't have thrown the grenade, I mean he coulda killed everybody there, his squad and all.

*LET THE SPOILERS CONTINUE*

I know, but still, he was the Capt. Price of Black Ops. 100% all natural bad ass. Which is why I went back, but the other ending was just as bad I guess... whole uprising n' shite. I should youtube all the endings, I hear (from a trophy) that you can save Mason? Don't know for sure, but it'd be awesome if you could. Id also like to see how much the story can vary. I was under the assumption that all the choices were minor, byt now not so much.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:31 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Finished the story...

damn...

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS AS WELL*

*CONTINUED SPOILERS*

I don't blame him, you always hear about brothers in the army, he literally sat through his brothers dieing around him, dying himself in shit conditions for almost 2 weeks watching their bodies decompose helpless to do anything with that man to blame. Seems justifiable since it's physically impossible i believe to at times not let your head rule your heart. Also, woods didnt die for me Wink boss, wish i saved Mason though
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:20 am

Story was good.
Zombies... Is different.
MP... Makes me rage to hell and back, but that's the charm of it.

I'll give it an 8/10.
Better than BO1, in my opinion.
Still, it's hard to beat out the MW series.
After all, that's the series that brought me here :3
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Yeah, I agree, with both you (ggg) and Saint.

you (ggg):

A lot better than BO1, Zombies are a lot different, mw is still my favorite, a lot of annoying shit, but like you said, that's what a CoD game consists of; rage.

Saint:

You're completely right, what happened to him was really fucked.
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Finished the story...

damn...

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS AS WELL*

*CONTINUED SPOILERS*

I don't blame him, you always hear about brothers in the army, he literally sat through his brothers dieing around him, dying himself in shit conditions for almost 2 weeks watching their bodies decompose helpless to do anything with that man to blame. Seems justifiable since it's physically impossible i believe to at times not let your head rule your heart. Also, woods didnt die for me Wink boss, wish i saved Mason though

You can save Mason?
How? I tried shooting the guards that were holding him, and I got a mission failed thingy.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 pm

gggfrt wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Finished the story...

damn...

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS AS WELL*

*CONTINUED SPOILERS*

You can save Mason?
How? I tried shooting the guards that were holding him, and I got a mission failed thingy.

You have to shoot him in the leg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blops II Overall verdict?   Blops II Overall verdict? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blops II Overall verdict?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Gaming :: The Call of Duty Franchise-
Jump to: