Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The PS4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

The PS4 Empty
PostSubject: The PS4   The PS4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 am

Mother of God...

You'll see a video of Mike and I talking about the PS4 soon, but just in general, it looks freaking amazing. Even the announcement was amazing, they gave away much more than we thought they would and so many developers are already working on amazing games.

Here's some of the quick big news:
-Not all specs were given, but its built like a PC, so developers can make games for it easier and we get a better looking product. 8gb RAM.
-The controller will have a "share" button for instant uploads, if you're stuck on something you can send stuff to friends or Sony, etc. It also has a front touch pad, which I can think of about a million awesome uses for.
-Bungie is bringing a new game called Destiny (Like Halo but different) to the PS4.
-Blizzard is bringing Diablo III to PS3 and PS4.
-Ubisoft is releasing Watch Dogs for PS3 and PS4.
-You will be able to remote play ANY game from the PS4 on your Vita, with no loss of quality due to the new cloud service which allows your PS4 to act like a server that sends a stream to your Vita in real-time.
-You will be able to demo ANY GAME on the PS Store just by pressing X.
-You will be able to play games/demos as they download.
-Sony is making attempts to bring the entire library of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games to the PS4 using the cloud service. Having said that, the PS4 will not be backwards compatible.
-Dualshock 4
-The new PS Camera may be included with all PS4 systems and will track the controller in your hand as well as the Move.
-The release date is said to be Holiday of 2013.

Also, in my opinion, the graphics of this console look like nothing I have ever seen. The game "Knack" looks like a Pixar movie, during gameplay. It is absolutely insane.

And now, the goods:

Japan Studio: Knack
Guerrilla Games: Killzone: Shadow Fall
Sucker Punch: inFAMOUS: Second Son
Jonathan Blow (Creator of Braid): The Witness
Evolution Studios: Drive Club
Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain Developer) talks about bringing emotion into video games
Media Molecule talks about the Move
Capcom: Deep Down (Working Title)
Square Enix: next-gen engine and possibly new Final Fantasy
Ubisoft: Watch Dogs
Bungie: Destiny

Last edited by death_unites_us on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
The PS4 Default6
Saint570

The PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PS4   The PS4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Saint will reserve full judgement... for now.

Thinking graphically

Looks good, not amazing but think about CoD2 when it was released on XboX 360, and then the games following it so it will have alot of potential for the first few years of release but the games imo look very pretty less "photo realistic" then i would of expected but still it's very eye candy especially the new particle effects, lighting, high res etc.

Thinking controllerlyyyy

DO NOT LIKE DESIGN BUT LIKE IDEAS

Thinking Gamesly

Liking the look of the new Killzone and if it runs 60FPS it will be amazing however i don't see that happening.

Overall looks good and will be good but before i give a full opinion i'm going to wait for atleast E3, but i'm expecting good things

Also i'm glad it's finally coming, not to be a pc fanboy as always but everyone here can agree that it'll breath new life into the gaming industry
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

The PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PS4   The PS4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Saint570 wrote:

Thinking graphically

Looks good, not amazing but think about CoD2 when it was released on XboX 360, and then the games following it so it will have alot of potential for the first few years of release but the games imo look very pretty less "photo realistic" then i would of expected but still it's very eye candy especially the new particle effects, lighting, high res etc.

Thinking controllerlyyyy

Thinking Gamesly

Liking the look of the new Killzone and if it runs 60FPS it will be amazing however i don't see that happening.

Overall looks good and will be good but before i give a full opinion i'm going to wait for atleast E3, but i'm expecting good things

Also i'm glad it's finally coming, not to be a pc fanboy as always but everyone here can agree that it'll breath new life into the gaming industry

Agree with everything you said, although I'm a little more impressed with the graphics than you are. Part of it is that this is on YouTube, so it'll look better on a TV sitting in your house for one thing. The realistic graphics in like Killzone and stuff I agree, they aren't like that ridiculous but they are really good, but where I was blown away was that face from Quantic Dream, THAT looked amazing. And I also love the look of Knack.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
The PS4 Default6
Saint570

The PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PS4   The PS4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:03 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:

Thinking graphically

Thinking controllerlyyyy

Thinking Gamesly

Agree with everything you said, although I'm a little more impressed with the graphics than you are. Part of it is that this is on YouTube, so it'll look better on a TV sitting in your house for one thing. The realistic graphics in like Killzone and stuff I agree, they aren't like that ridiculous but they are really good, but where I was blown away was that face from Quantic Dream, THAT looked amazing. And I also love the look of Knack.

Yeah i'll admit that i am being a little too harsh but i just honestly expected a little better, i mean look at this.

https://youtu.be/OBw0R1AUU64?t=1m46s

It's a little difficult to see with all the color and filtering effects but just look how amazing the actual city and cars look, and this is a graphics mod for GTA IV. It's still early days and tbh, graphics have got to the point where everything is eye pleasing. I'm trying not to be the usual pesimistic saint570 but i'm hoping for more once it gets full into swing, and i am sure that they will bring out FANTASTIC looking games, i mean the hardware is brand new not even released and the developers are just tasting it at the moment, think of what we will see in years to come affraid
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

The PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PS4   The PS4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:

Thinking graphically

Thinking controllerlyyyy

Thinking Gamesly

Yeah i'll admit that i am being a little too harsh but i just honestly expected a little better, i mean look at this.

It's a little difficult to see with all the color and filtering effects but just look how amazing the actual city and cars look, and this is a graphics mod for GTA IV. It's still early days and tbh, graphics have got to the point where everything is eye pleasing. I'm trying not to be the usual pesimistic saint570 but i'm hoping for more once it gets full into swing, and i am sure that they will bring out FANTASTIC looking games, i mean the hardware is brand new not even released and the developers are just tasting it at the moment, think of what we will see in years to come affraid

The most important aspect is the fact that this new hardware/software is easier to use for developers, so like you said they have a taste now but according to Sony they now have "unlimited resources" whatever that means. And Mike was hitting on some of the more fine details, like how reflections in windows are now the actual true reflections and not something created to go there, which is unreal, and if you watched the Drive Club video, the amount of detail is ridiculous, like how they actually analyzed the fibers in the seats to reflect different shades of light depending on how they've been touched, I mean wtf!?
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
The PS4 Default6
Saint570

The PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PS4   The PS4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:

Thinking graphically

Thinking controllerlyyyy

Thinking Gamesly

The most important aspect is the fact that this new hardware/software is easier to use for developers, so like you said they have a taste now but according to Sony they now have "unlimited resources" whatever that means. And Mike was hitting on some of the more fine details, like how reflections in windows are now the actual true reflections and not something created to go there, which is unreal, and if you watched the Drive Club video, the amount of detail is ridiculous, like how they actually analyzed the fibers in the seats to reflect different shades of light depending on how they've been touched, I mean wtf!?

Yeah, thats what i mean with all the new reflections, particles, effects, filters, animation, motions etc. all that will be refined to hell and thats what i've wanted for a long time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PS4   The PS4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The PS4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Consoles :: Playstation Zone-
Jump to: