Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frankenweenie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Frankenweenie Empty
PostSubject: Frankenweenie   Frankenweenie EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:35 am

Frankenweenie Franke10

Tim Burton makes another interesting movie about dead things.

Pros:
-Makes me think of Nightmare Before Christmas
-Cute
-Looks really good
-The entire thing is black and white. Some people think this is stylistic

Cons:
-The entire thing is black and white. Some people think this is stupid
-No real story element that sticks with you.
-No real moral. Science is only good when you use it for good? Great maybe if you're a scientist.
-Not very funny
-Characters are forgettable, and the main character isn't that likable

Conclusion: It was kinda mediocre. Should have been funnier, should have had more likable characters, and maybe it should have actually been in color. Black and white is great but in this case there was barely a reason for it to be black and white, other than the fact that there was a theme of death sort of played out. It's not "Halloween Town" and other than the fact that it is a play on the classic Frankenstein story, the lack of color just makes it seem boring. I don't know, I'm sure other people have a different opinion, this is just mine. Plus I find it's a terrible date movie since your date may not be into old literature, so the black and white just confuses them and you almost seem cheap since you brought them to a colorless movie. What seals it for me though more than that is the lack of moral.
Spoiler:
The only sprinkle of take home message in the movie is when the science professor says that science has to be used for good or else it won't work, but if you aren't an aspiring scientist I fail to see how this appeals to kids or adults. But maybe this movie will stop one kid from strapping rockets to his dog's back in the name of science.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Frankenweenie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenweenie   Frankenweenie EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Yeah, I thought the movie was ok, but definitely not Burton's finest. But I watched this right after watching Paranorman, so it had to live up to that. (Which was a really good movie, imo).

Plus the black and white was kind of a turn off.
Back to top Go down

Frankenweenie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8General :: Movie Chat-
Jump to: