Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My First Impressions of the PS4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

My First Impressions of the PS4 Empty
PostSubject: My First Impressions of the PS4   My First Impressions of the PS4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Well, I picked it up the day of the release, and I didn't buy a game for it because I figured I'd go home, play some demos, then come back the next day and buy what I liked. But sadly, there were no demos on the store, so I was stuck with free-to-play games, which luckily there were 4 of them.

Opening up the box, the system is so badass looking, and it's tiny. I turn it on, and although the loud click noise it makes when it starts always drives me crazy, the system is extremely quiet.

The very first thing I really noticed was the controller which is freaking awesome. I love everything about the controller, the touchpad, the new dual motor vibration thing, the light bar, the grips, the buttons, the triggers (definitely the triggers), and the headphone jack. Everything is awesome.

The next thing I noticed is what anybody would, how fast and fluid it is. And not just on the dashboard, but just everything. They took a lot from the Vita, being able to exit out of a game instantly, the trophy menu which is nicely divided into main content and dlc, and everything just loads so fast. The dashboard takes a little getting used to, but once you know where everything is, it's beautiful. Some important things, like options, look exactly like they did on ps3, so that's great too.

Now for the free games rundown:

Warframe - Online run around and shoot things 3rd person RPG game. I don't know about this one. It has potential, but it's just not for me. The graphics aren't overly impressive, the control is poop, the rpg elements are cool but it automatically throws you into the game with online players until you figure out how to turn it off which is a turn off for me. There's like a million things to buy but most of it takes real money, and that's another turn off for me. PSN games, stop trying to be facebook games.

Blacklight: Retribution - It's Call of Duty Ghosts: Poverty Version. For those of you that don't want to buy another Call of Duty, here's a free game to fill up that "i want to shoot 10 year olds" void in your heart. Surprisingly, it's actually pretty fun. The aiming drives me crazy, but other than that it's fun and has cool "scorestreak" things. One is a giant suit with a mini gun and EMPish gun grenade thing. It's awesome.

Resogun: The game everybody is talking about. It is a 2D (yet sort of 3D) shooter which involves saving humans and blowing up giant boss machines that look like tops. If you look online they'll tell you this is the best free to play game out there right now, and one of the best next gen has to offer at the moment. The graphics are awesome, and it is just so much fun to blow the fuck out of things and watch them burst into a million pieces. It seems short, but you can always try to beat your score.

Contrast: An indie puzzle platformer, and my vote for best free to play game right now. The game looks really good, especially for an indie game, the soundtrack is a cool collection of smooth jazz, and the puzzle are actually pretty cool and challenging at times. The game is short, which is expected, and the controls aren't fantastic, but it really makes up for it in the story department. It's a well put together dramatic story and definitely worth the time to try out. Also, it has probably the best voice acting ever in an indie game in my opinion.

Overall, the system is awesome, and I can't wait to see more. Also, the fact that it is also a blueray player, netflix and hulu box, along with a free game factory for $50 a year, I feel like it is the most justified $400 you will ever spend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us

My First Impressions of the PS4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 4-8Consoles :: Playstation Zone-
Jump to: