Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Favorite Mario Game!

Go down 
+2
MADMike
death_unites_us
6 posters
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Your Favorite Mario Game! Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Alright, this includes anything with Mario, and that's A LOT of games.

I know a lot of people are going to choose Mario 64, and that is probably my favorite as well, but just to be different, I'll go with Super Mario Sunshine.

Your Favorite Mario Game! 250px-Super_mario_sunshine

I think this was an underrated Mario classic. FLUDD was an awesome addition to the genre, giving the game a whole new feel but still keeping with the great control that every Mario game has. It was also pretty funny, and had some epic boss battles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:39 am

Well seeing as you said everyone is gonna choose Mario 64, and then you chose my other favorite, and Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 both were ruined by the controls of the Wii, I'm going to be all Hipster and choose......

Your Favorite Mario Game! Cover_large

It'sa me, Mikeo.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Your Favorite Mario Game! Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Super Mario World.
<3

I found M64 annoying because i HATE the N64 controller but it's a good game
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Saint570 wrote:
Super Mario World.
<3

I also didn't like the N64 controller. I only liked it for certain games. Nowadays, I can't touch it without wishing for another joystick. It makes me wonder why I loved GoldenEye 007 when the controls for it sucked. lol
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:57 pm

MADMike wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
Super Mario World.
<3

I also didn't like the N64 controller. I only liked it for certain games. Nowadays, I can't touch it without wishing for another joystick. It makes me wonder why I loved GoldenEye 007 when the controls for it sucked. lol

If i had used it before using Dual shock it would of felt better but because i was born pretty much around the time of both PS1 and N64 it made it really hard for me to adjust to the N64's controller.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Saint570 wrote:
MADMike wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
Super Mario World.
<3

If i had used it before using Dual shock it would of felt better but because i was born pretty much around the time of both PS1 and N64 it made it really hard for me to adjust to the N64's controller.

Yeah, it was advanced for the time, being that before it was just the D-Pad and Buttons, even though that *censored* was ugly and an abomination. lol Definitely something you get used to back then and not now.
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:33 am

Super Mario 64
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:41 am

BUMP

I gave this topic some more thought. I think a lot of people say Mario 64 because it's widely known as the best. Here, I'm talking about the one you played the most, and remember the most. Which, will probably still be Mario 64, because that's why it is so good: it's memorable, it's personal, and it's just all around awesome.

However for me, forget Super Mario Sunshine as I said before, I'm going to have to go with this badboy:
Your Favorite Mario Game! Supermariolandboxart

My cousin and I owned a version of this game, and we played it nonstop. Other than this game, we played the sh!t out of Mario 3 on NES as well, but this is our favorite because everytime we hear that song that plays on the title of this game, we always get pulled instantly back to the days of our gameboys. The game was hard as hell, didn't have continues, and you'll be begging for mercy every time you reach a new level. I think this was the first game to tell us "Oh, you think you're good, DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH." Sure, we couldn't beat nearly any of the NES games we owned, but we could at least get pretty far in them. But this game, screw that, one mistake and you aren't seeing it past the first boss.

Super Mario Sunshine is still an honorable mention though, which some people didn't enjoy as much but I absolutely loved. I still get that Shadow Mario theme stuck in my head to this day.
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 3:23 pm

For me it's still Mario 64, but I spent a lot of time in anything titled Mario back on N64 and the first Mario is still played today on my Game Boy.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:23 pm

I've got quite a bit of favorite Mario games, lol, and I can't really narrow them down more than these legendary games

Donkey Kong

Your Favorite Mario Game! Donkey10

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Your Favorite Mario Game! Medium10

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Your Favorite Mario Game! Ttydbo10

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Your Favorite Mario Game! 250px-10
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:25 pm

mariocart
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:47 pm

I've always wanted to play Mario RPG. I played paper mario and the rpg one on DS, those were pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
I've always wanted to play Mario RPG. I played paper mario and the rpg one on DS, those were pretty cool.

Yep, in all honesty its mostly because of nostalgia, I just remember playing it with my uncle and it brings back some good memories
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Mario Game!   Your Favorite Mario Game! Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Mario Game!
Page 1 of 1