Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:05 am

Okay, so there's a lot of discussion going around on YouTube, so the forums need a topic for it.

You can find the playlist here, and each video discusses the rules in the description: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL96E82CFFD7E454BD

I'd also like to thank everybody who has been pushing me to continue. I had a lot of other stuff I was working on, but once I heard several people ask me to continue the challenge, I dropped everything and made a huge 4 day push to the next boss.

If you have any questions about the rules, comments to make, questions about my strategy, or anything else related to the challenge, please post here!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:37 pm

4/19/12

Defeated Crawler yesterday, uploading today when I get home from work. This starts the mini boss-o-thon that I've been preparing for.

Next is the battle everybody has been waiting for, Seymour and Anima. I'm going to be defeating them two different ways, one with NSGNSNO and one with NSGNSNONBB (no Blitzball). The no Blitzball option is there so Dark Matter can't be used as an easy win strategy for Anima.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:37 pm

4/24/12

Uploaded both Seymour battles. Both battle went smoothly, this strategy leaves little room for something to go wrong. You can basically survive Seymour no matter what he throws at you, as long as you have enough healing items. Up next is Wendigo who is a joke, and then a lot more gameplay before the tough bosses start rolling in. Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:10 am

5/29/12

Last time I said the hard bosses are rolling in, and I wasn't kidding. Evrae is kicking my ass.

I already defeated him once, with dark matter, but now comes the daunting task of defeating him without it. It took me 11 full attempts to beat him with it, and without it is a completely different story. I've only attempted once so far, and this past week I didn't have any patience at all to sit down and knock it out, so hopefully this week I'll find the time to take him on again.

Without going into too much detail, the #1 problem with Evrae is his haste stage, and dark matter is the only thing that can completely kill him before he reaches it. No matter how much you haste your party, Cid will never be fast enough to react to poison breath, so you have to survive it head on. The problem is that if Auron survives, even with haste, Evrae gets an unbelievable speed advantage. But without a doubt the #1 thing that gets me actually killed is being stone gaze because it freaking cancels haste. If it weren't for that, I'd kill him with my eyes closed, but because it also casts slow it is extremely difficult to keep characters hasted before poison breath, and I need at least Auron and Rikku both hasted or all is lost, Evrae will simply outrun me.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:40 pm

6/11/12

For now, the hard bosses are out of the way now that Natus is done. I'll be capturing fiends and preparing for Zanarkand for a while, and then the end of the game is just around the corner. Seymour Flux, Yunalesca, and BFA are my only real problems now, I'm not worried about the Keepers or Seymour Omnis. I know a lot of you are waiting on the Flux battle, so I'm excited for that.

Also, I'm going on vacation soon, so I'm hoping I can actually knock out the entire challenge very quickly over the next week. I don't think that I'll be able to finish the challenge this week, but if I don't I think I may be able to finish it the week I come back. I certainly want to finish it before the first week of July when I leave for the Kids Camp.

Thanks for the support!
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm

7/19/12

Well, I've obviously taken a break in the challenge because of my recent vacations. Now that I am back, I am faced with the longest grind haul of the game, capturing monsters. However, I do have some more bosses to get through before I have to take some serious time to capture the majority of the monsters in the game. So hopefully, I will have a video or two up soon. The bosses that are up next, however, are pushovers. The next big hurdle is Seymour Flux, and I don't have to explain why. He will be the hardest boss in the challenge besides Braska's Final Aeon.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:31 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
7/19/12

Well, I've obviously taken a break in the challenge because of my recent vacations. Now that I am back, I am faced with the longest grind haul of the game, capturing monsters. However, I do have some more bosses to get through before I have to take some serious time to capture the majority of the monsters in the game. So hopefully, I will have a video or two up soon. The bosses that are up next, however, are pushovers. The next big hurdle is Seymour Flux, and I don't have to explain why. He will be the hardest boss in the challenge besides Braska's Final Aeon.

I'm looking forward to Flux more than BFA tbh Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:43 pm

Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
7/19/12

He's going to be a hurdle, but BFA will be a completely different animal altogether. My guess is that I'll defeat Flux within 10 tries, but BFA may take up to 30. That's just my guesstimation, could be a lot less or more.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:05 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
7/19/12

He's going to be a hurdle, but BFA will be a completely different animal altogether. My guess is that I'll defeat Flux within 10 tries, but BFA may take up to 30. That's just my guesstimation, could be a lot less or more.

What about Yunalesca? I never hear much about her but i've always had trouble.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Saint570 wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
7/19/12

What about Yunalesca? I never hear much about her but i've always had trouble.

Yunalesca will also be a huge hurdle in this playthrough. The reason she usually isn't a problem is because her attacks are very weak. She becomes a problem because of Mega Death and zombie, but as long as you keep that under control you can defeat her easily on a normal playthrough. However in NSGNSNO we will have a huge problem staying alive without mix and very low hp. A lot of her attacks hit multiple targets and she has more hp than any boss up to this point. Anything with a lot of hp is a problem in NSGNSNO because from every fight your days (or more like minutes) are numbered. You need to kill whatever it is fast before it kills you, and Yunalesca will not go down quickly.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:03 am

9/11/12

September 11th, totally didn't plan that.

Oh no wait, not all of you live in the US.

This just got awkward.

So I'm close to finally getting over that first hurdle of farming so I can fight some more bosses. Once I do the rest of my monster capturing which is nearly complete I'll be plowing through 6 bosses: Defender X, Brian and Yenke, Seymour Flux, Sanctuary Keeper, Spectral Keeper, and Yunalesca. Out of these Seymour Flux and Yunalesca will be the biggest challenges for sure, with Sanctuary and Spectral Keeper tied for third.

After that section I will have my final farming time before Sin, which includes the optional boss Geosgaeno.

And after that, well, it's go big or go home, Sin, Seymour Omnis, and BFA await.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
9/11/12

September 11th, totally didn't plan that.

Oh no wait, not all of you live in the US.

This just got awkward.

So I'm close to finally getting over that first hurdle of farming so I can fight some more bosses. Once I do the rest of my monster capturing which is nearly complete I'll be plowing through 6 bosses: Defender X, Brian and Yenke, Seymour Flux, Sanctuary Keeper, Spectral Keeper, and Yunalesca. Out of these Seymour Flux and Yunalesca will be the biggest challenges for sure, with Sanctuary and Spectral Keeper tied for third.

After that section I will have my final farming time before Sin, which includes the optional boss Geosgaeno.

And after that, well, it's go big or go home, Sin, Seymour Omnis, and BFA await.

Biran and Yenke, so difficult
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 pm

9/23/12

I literally made this update to say one thing.

I just beat Biran and Yenke, which means Seymour Flux is next.

What have I gotten myself into...
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:59 pm

I beat him! And then I beat him without dark matter!

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be once I got the strategy down. The dark matter fight was all to luck though, it was simply the luckiest FFX fight I've fought yet. You'll see what I mean when you watch it.

It'll prolly be up Monday.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:49 pm

12/3/12

Whew! It's been a while!

Finally picked the game back up after beating Flux, made my way through Mt. Gagazet which wasn't a huge problem but stealing the items I needed became a little time consuming. Then I humiliated the Sanctuary Keeper. That video will be up this week.

Now the challenge gets truly interesting...Zanarkand!
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 am

12/10/12

Zanarkand was interesting, an ambush often met instant death, unless first strike came in the clutch. The Spectral Keeper video is up, he was much easier than I thought he would be. The only reason he is so easy is because he is so predictable, but haste is crucial and without it there would be no way to stay alive.

Next is Yunalesca, and I'm worried. There's a lot going on in the fight, and one slip-up usually means instant death. I may tackle her this coming weekend, so if I do you can expect to see the video next week. Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMwRe0txtKs

Oh my goodness

I spent hours on this fight. Every attempt took over an hour of preparation just to lose to a bad turn timing. But, I overcame, and I beat that ugly bitch. The first two forms are up, the third form video will be up soon.

Next is the last grinding session of the challenge! However, it involves capturing 5 of every monster in the game. :O Inside Sin is going to be fun >_<

Once all of that is done, all I have left is Sin, Seymour Omnis, and BFA. It all comes down to this, folks!

And as for the Charity Event, I want to do a demonstration of this challenge, but I'm not sure what boss I'm going to do yet. I was thinking about doing Yunalesca, but she takes too long. I have a save before Spectral Keeper, and I could maybe do Sin or Omnis if I get that far within the next month. I'll keep you updated Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am

Form 3 is up, hope you enjoyed it Wink

Also, this Saturday, or sometime in the future, I may live stream some grinding sessions. So stay updated on the twitch channel and you can see some of the behind the scenes stuff that you won't see on YouTube. ;P
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:00 am

It's been a whileeeeeeeeeeee

Just recently put up Geosgaeno, and now for the big monster capturing grind session before the final bosses.

I don't know how long this is going to take, but I will say that after this the challenge is practically over. All that's left are the final bosses.

I want to see if I can live stream some of the grinding, so I'd really enjoy if some people could come to that. I'll let you know the details once I know.

Ride ze shoopuf?
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:28 pm

If I can make it I'll totally come hang out on the live stream, if it's sometime next week however, probably not. But still, I think it'd be cool
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:38 am

I think I will be live streaming some tonight. I was going to plan out the live stream a bit more, but I decided that I wanted to get started on it tonight, and there's no reason not to livestream, so yeah Wink

I don't think I'll get through everything today, so they'll probably be another opportunity to watch, but I do want to get most of the more tedious work done. I should be live streaming maybe around 5 or 6 EST tonight.

If you want updated on when I'm doing what just get on skype, I'll be there.

Thanks!

P.S. If you miss this opportunity, and the next opportunity, I do plan on live streaming the final boss battle when I get there. So I'd love to have you come then as well, it'll be a lot more epic Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYV_vvVutc

Everything you need to know is in the video description.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion   Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Official FFX NSGNSNO Challenge Discussion
Page 1 of 1