Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Video Game Series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Favorite Video Game Series Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:02 am

List your favorite series!

Off the top of my head, sort of in order from most favorite to least favorite (sometimes it is hard to compare, so I went for more nostalgia value):
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
God of War
Ratchet and Clank
Monster Rancher
Megaman
Crash Bandicoot
Sly Cooper
Devil May Cry
Jak and Daxter
Spyro
Bioshock
Infamous
Uncharted
Mario
Sonic The Hedgehog
Tekken
Call of Duty

Some of these are really hard to compare. Like Megaman and Crash Bandicoot. Both of them I skipped a lot of games, so I'm not a true hardcore fan, but I grew up with both of them. I put Megaman on top though because I took Megaman outside of the game, I watched the show and used to pretend to be a character from Megaman and make up my own robots. Ah, the good ol days.

And also, I didn't put CoD at the bottom as a joke, I really am not that huge of a fan when it comes to the series, but I buy each game so it would be wrong of me not to include it. It just holds no nostalgia value for me, besides CoD4.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

*clears throat*...........Fallout.

Favorite Video Game Series Tumblr_lnw97pCFhm1qgik10o1_1280

Also inFamous, Uncharted, WWE, Madden, Pokemon, Little Big Planet, Borderlands, Batman and most things Rockstar (GTA, RDR, etc.)

Hopefully adding Darksiders and Assassin's Creed if this "Third" works out to my liking.
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"
Favorite Video Game Series Default6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:58 am

Fallout
assassins creed
Pokemon (Gameboy)
Left for dead
bf
GoW
Cod

Cod wasnt a joke it got me into xbox then i tryed battlefeild 1943 i liked it but wasnt very good at it then i tryed games like Left for dead then it got abit repetetive playing just the first one so i went back to cod but w@w came out then i was really into cod because of zombies it was a whole new thing but after cod5 it was shitty so me and my brother was both bored of it at the time so we decided to move to ps3 and thats how i met you guys all though i did watch alot of deaths videos before i moved over to ps3.

God of war i picked up when ps3 went down because i was bored so i thought i'd try something new it was good but the ending was *censored* thats why its second to last.

Before i said i was *censored* at bf 1943 so i skipped playing bfbc2 then later on i wanted a change and started watching bfbc videos i really liked it so i thought i'd play bf3.

left for dead was one of my favorite xbox games alot of my friends played it after school (when they wasnt on cod Razz) and it hooked me but then they went over to w@w because they had heard about the zombies in that so i went back over to cod

pokemon was one of my first games and got me gaming alot

I enjoyed assassins creed 1 but i didnt think about buying assassins creed 2 but i got it free with a ps3 and i started getting into it because to me it was fun playing a new game.

fallout3 is pretty self explanitory it has that cold feel when you first play it you're like the only person alive ( you think) and you're surrounded by mutated creatures from radiation and it gives it more of a realism feel to me and makes the game more fun. Fallout newvegas would be under fallout 3 but it's more fun because of the quests fo3 is more story based.
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Top of my head and personal favorites of the trilogy

1. Meta Gear Solid - I'll never have a set in stone answer, but Snake Eater just cuz The Boss.
2. Final Fantasy - X closely followed by XI. Never played VII but i dont think i would enjoy it now anyway since its pretty old.
3. Elder Scrolls - Morrowind is the best but Oblivion was my first open world so i enjoy it more.

Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
Fallout
assassins creed
Pokemon (Gameboy)
Left for dead
bf
GoW
Cod

Cod wasnt a joke it got me into xbox then i tryed battlefeild 1943 i liked it but wasnt very good at it then i tryed games like Left for dead then it got abit repetetive playing just the first one so i went back to cod but w@w came out then i was really into cod because of zombies it was a whole new thing but after cod5 it was shitty so me and my brother was both bored of it at the time so we decided to move to ps3 and thats how i met you guys all though i did watch alot of deaths videos before i moved over to ps3.

God of war i picked up when ps3 went down because i was bored so i thought i'd try something new it was good but the ending was *censored* thats why its second to last.

Before i said i was *censored* at bf 1943 so i skipped playing bfbc2 then later on i wanted a change and started watching bfbc videos i really liked it so i thought i'd play bf3.

left for dead was one of my favorite xbox games alot of my friends played it after school (when they wasnt on cod Razz) and it hooked me but then they went over to w@w because they had heard about the zombies in that so i went back over to cod

pokemon was one of my first games and got me gaming alot

I enjoyed assassins creed 1 but i didnt think about buying assassins creed 2 but i got it free with a ps3 and i started getting into it because to me it was fun playing a new game.

fallout3 is pretty self explanitory it has that cold feel when you first play it you're like the only person alive ( you think) and you're surrounded by mutated creatures from radiation and it gives it more of a realism feel to me and makes the game more fun. Fallout newvegas would be under fallout 3 but it's more fun because of the quests fo3 is more story based.

You should play Final Fantasy if you enjoy Pokemon, it's turn based too.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:36 am

In no particular order:

Fallout
Pokemon
Elder Scrolls
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Gex
Assassins Creed
Metal Gear Solid (Snake Eater is my favorite as well, I cant get used to the new controls for some reason.)
Mass Effect
SSX
Final Fantasy
Sly Cooper
Monster Rancher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed
Midnight Club
Katamari Damanci
Sw: Battlefront
And many more!
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:19 am

Rafix wrote:
In no particular order:

Fallout
Pokemon
Elder Scrolls
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Gex
Assassins Creed
Metal Gear Solid (Snake Eater is my favorite as well, I cant get used to the new controls for some reason.)
Mass Effect
SSX
Final Fantasy
Sly Cooper
Monster Rancher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed
Midnight Club
Katamari Damanci
And many more!

Favorite Video Game Series Gex2Cover

Yes....YES.....YES
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:17 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
In no particular order:

Fallout
Pokemon
Elder Scrolls
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Gex
Assassins Creed
Mass Effect
SSX
Final Fantasy
Sly Cooper
Monster Rancher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed
Midnight Club
Katamari Damanci
And many more!

Yes....YES.....YES
Glad I'm not the only who remembers that game. I almost bought it on the n64 a while bqck, but I didn't have the cash
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:08 pm

GEX Deep cover gecko ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Rafix wrote:
death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:
In no particular order:

Fallout
Pokemon
Elder Scrolls
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Gex
Assassins Creed
Mass Effect
SSX
Final Fantasy
Sly Cooper
Monster Rancher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed
Midnight Club
Katamari Damanci
And many more!

Yes....YES.....YES
Glad I'm not the only who remembers that game. I almost bought it on the n64 a while bqck, but I didn't have the cash

Aw man I loved that game. For whatever reason the way the levels were set up was just awesome, kind of felt like a mario game, only with tvs and a gecko.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Game Series   Favorite Video Game Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Video Game Series
Page 1 of 1