Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video Game Music

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:44 am

So, with the Castlevania post in mind, I thought it'd be cool to have a VGM post, to, you know, post your favorite music from, well, any video game! This can be anything from Castle Crashers to E.T. the Video Game.

So, I guess I'll go first:

Shadow of the Colossus - The Opened Way

This song is seriously one of my favorite songs from any game (that I can think of at the moment). Something about it just brings up a feeling of "Oh fuck, there's a giant effin stone thing right in front of me... Wellp, better go stab it in the forehead!" That, and the fact that I fought the first colossus sooo many times. More than I'd like to count. Good memories, though.

Spoiler:

Also, a close second:

Shadow of the Colossus - The End of the Battle

After you finally kill one of the colossi, you get this feeling of "Hell yeah! That was great!", then this song plays, and you instantly think to yourself "What have I done...". It also just really gets that mood of, you know, killing something sacred and peaceful, and slowly... SPOILERS... turning into a monster... SPOLER OVER... But, once you kill that first colossi, there's no turning back, because you've already fucked up by killing it, so, you might as well bring back the girl.

Spoiler:

This next one is just for fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN15QvQgcBw

By the way, I'm thinking remixes (Like from OCR) would be fine too, but what do you guys think? Or think about the idea in general? It'll kinda work like the EPIC MUSIC WALL post, but with music from games
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:37 am

Rafix wrote:
So, with the Castlevania post in mind, I thought it'd be cool to have a VGM post, to, you know, post your favorite music from, well, any video game! This can be anything from Castle Crashers to E.T. the Video Game.

This song is seriously one of my favorite songs from any game (that I can think of at the moment). Something about it just brings up a feeling of "Oh fuck, there's a giant effin stone thing right in front of me... Wellp, better go stab it in the forehead!" That, and the fact that I fought the first colossus sooo many times. More than I'd like to count. Good memories, though.

Spoiler:

Also, a close second:

After you finally kill one of the colossi, you get this feeling of "Hell yeah! That was great!", then this song plays, and you instantly think to yourself "What have I done...". It also just really gets that mood of, you know, killing something sacred and peaceful, and slowly... SPOILERS... turning into a monster... SPOLER OVER... But, once you kill that first colossi, there's no turning back, because you've already fucked up by killing it, so, you might as well bring back the girl.

Spoiler:

By the way, I'm thinking remixes (Like from OCR) would be fine too, but what do you guys think? Or think about the idea in general? It'll kinda work like the EPIC MUSIC WALL post, but with music from games

LOVE this idea, stickied.

I will post a bunch of my favorites once I have time (event, lololol)

But I am a huge fan of VGM, like ridiculous, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
gggfrt
"gg"
Video Game Music Default6
gggfrt

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 am

Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 pm

gggfrt wrote:

Yes. So much yes.
Back to top Go down
Rafix
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
Rafix

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:03 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Rafix wrote:

Spoiler:

Also, a close second:

Spoiler:

LOVE this idea, stickied.

I will post a bunch of my favorites once I have time (event, lololol)

But I am a huge fan of VGM, like ridiculous, lol.

Haha, same here. Music can make an ok experience into an amazing experience, or a beautiful one (Journey. Will definitely be posting some of that here.), etc.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Final Fantasy VIII - The Man With The Machine Gun

This song only plays when your characters fall asleep and you take on the role of three different characters for a small amount of time. It's basically a side story of the game, and it rarely happens, but when it does, you're just simply happy because you get to listen to this song for about half an hour.

Spoiler:

Final Fantasy VII - Fight On!

This is the song that most final fantasy fans love the most. Although I hate to follow the crowd...it's so damn hard not to, this song is so effing good it's unbelievable. If I ever had to fight anybody, this is the song I would want to play. When I die, I want this song to play. When I eat spaghetti, I want this song to play. I want this song to play forever.

Spoiler:

Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme (Piano Version)

This is the piano version off of the official piano soundtrack of Final Fantasy VII, and it is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard and will ever hear in my life. This song may be the sole reason why I decided to learn piano. It is absolutely incredible.

Spoiler:

Final Fantasy VII - Son of Chaos (Remix of Shinra Theme)

If you play this song and walk into a room, people will throw money at you to spare their lives.

Spoiler:

More to come, I just can't get my mind off of Final Fantasy music for the time being Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 pm

God of War - The Vengeful Spartan

This is an example of one of those songs that truly makes a game what it is. I don't think I would like God of War nearly as much if it weren't for this song. This song perfectly places you in the realm of the game like no other song I've ever heard. If you have ever played God of War, you instantly think of the game .5 seconds into this song.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Batman: Arkham City - Main Theme

I've said it in my videos before, but I love this song. To be honest, I don't really know an exact reason why, but anytime I hear it I love it and it gives me all the memories I've had of the game for the past 2-3 years. Especially when the song picks up at 1:57.

Spoiler:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Nate's Theme 3.0

This song just oozes awesome and it helps when the game it is paired with is one of the best of the current generation. All 3 versions have their tiny little touches to it, but no matter which one you listen to, it's synonymous to Nathan Drake and his Uncharted adventures.

Spoiler:

Goldeneye 007 - Frigate

You can not listen to this song and not feel like kicking some major ass. As soon as I begin to hear the song, it immediately brings me back to my younger years playing Goldeneye with my family and friends. It truly had the same effect CoD4 had on the current generation and it was my top played game. They've tried remaking the game, they've tried rebooting the series, but nothing will ever come close to how good this game was at its peak. The music in this game was the frosting on the cake, and I could only imagine how this game would be if the N64 controller had that second joystick. One joystick, and this would probably be THE best FPS of all time, in my opinion.

Spoiler:

Fallout 3 - Main Title

Many people love the music on Galaxy News Radio and the classic 50's feel the game holds, but I think the music composed directly for the game is also worthy of admiration. Fun fact: Before every recording of Fallout, I listen to this entire song first. It just gets me in the Fallout mood and the game itself has probably been my most played game on the PS3 and I'll never get tired of it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:09 am

MADMike wrote:
Batman: Arkham City - Main Theme

Love dis
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:21 am

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Fountain of Dreams (Also called gourmet race)

When it comes to VGM, this could be my favorite of all time. To me, this was when VGM became serious for me. It was no longer electronic sounds that tried to depict the scenery of the game. Oh no, this, in itself, was a masterpiece worthy of an orchestra. I could just imagine them playing their instruments to this song as hundreds looked on. Not only did this put you in the mood to play kirby, but it brought you outside the game into a whole different realm of music.

Spoiler:

Kirby's Dreamland - King Dedede's Theme

There are many versions of this song, and many people enjoy the super smash bros. brawl version, but I thought I'd post the game boy version because it's nostalgic 8-bit heaven.

Spoiler:

Final Fantasy IX - Battle theme

Probably my favorite battle theme of all time. In Final Fantasy, the main battle theme is important, because you hear it A LOT. It doesn't matter how good it is, you'll eventually get sick of it, with the exception of this one. Never. Gets. Old.

Spoiler:

Kingdom Hearts - Hollow Bastion Battle Theme

Speaking of battle themes, Kingdom Hearts was so awesome in the music department because they took the time to give every world a different battle theme. Sounds small, but to be honest I think that is the single biggest factor that keeps you moving through the game. Imagine playing Kingdom Hearts if it was the same music all the time. It would be terrible. Instead, you arrive in Halloween Town and as soon as heartless show up you're listening to music that puts you right there in the moment. Out of all the battle themes in the first Kingdom Hearts, this one is my favorite though. The piano is just yes.

Spoiler:

Kingdom Hearts 2 - The 13th Struggle

And speaking of Kingdom Hearts (do you see what you've done to me Rafix, lol) I think everybody who has ever played Kingdom Hearts 2 has this song permanently ingrained in their mind. Best battle theme of the game by far. I also have a love obsession with the final boss music, "A Fight To The Death" but I don't think everybody else likes it as much as me, so I'll keep it on the DL.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Double Post, I had some extra time at work today.

Time for the game that everybody underestimates, Metroid Prime! I barely hear anybody talk about it, but its most voted the best Gamecube game of all time.

Metroid Prime - Essence of Metroid Prime

It gets no better than this. You've played through the entire game, you've beaten Meta Ridley, what could be next? Then...OH...MY...GAWD...WHAT IS THAT THING *cue awesome wtf is going on battle theme* I'm serious this song made me wet myself.

Spoiler:

Metroid Prime - Meta Ridley Theme

This is the most memorable song for me, just because it is so catchy. The old 8bit versions are better.

Spoiler:

Metroid Prime - Space Pirates Battle

If you've played this game, you know how effing creepy this song was. Talk about one of the scariest moments of your life when you're just walking a long and all of a sudden there's plasma blasts all over the place and there's nowhere to run.

Spoiler:

Metroid Prime - Chozo Ghosts Battle

This song does not fuck around because these guys DO NOT FUCK AROUND. I'm dead serious they will kick your ass to next week. If you don't believe me, look at the highest rated comment on this video.

Spoiler:

Metroid Prime - Title Screen Intro Theme

In order to get the full impact of this song, you must exit the room. I'm serious. When you would turn on this game, then go out to grab a drink while the gamcube starts up, you would walk in halfway through this song and shit your pants. Right in the doorway. It is the perfect "Let's play this mothafckin game right now" song in all of existence.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Fountain of Dreams (Also called gourmet race)
If you didn't, I would have. lol
Top 5 song of all-time for me.

Pokemon - Battle Theme (Trainer)

Definitely one of the first songs I remember when I think anything related to game music. Throughout the variations, you always know what the song is and it's always amazing.

Spoiler:

Donkey Kong 64 - Jungle Japes

This game always had mixed opinions, but it was a game I also played a lot of back during the 64's time and always had music I enjoyed. The intro song is always my favorite comedy intro to any game, but Jungle Japes brings back a lot of memories of playing the game for the first time and exploring the areas hunting for bananas.

Spoiler:

The Legend of Zelda - Main Intro Theme

Just a classic. One of the first themes I've heard as a kid and still sticks with me to this day. As a kid, I didn't have any idea what I was doing in the game, but just hearing this song each time I started up the game made me want to keep playing. It's dangerous to go, here, take this!

Spoiler:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Menu Theme

Talking about a song that brings back memories, I can't remember a full week where I wasn't hearing this song on way or another. Even if I never say I think it was the best of the franchise or label it my favorite, nothing will be able to change how much I played this game, all the good times I spent on it, and how much of a change it made in my gaming development. Good times.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 am

MADMike wrote:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Menu Theme

I never realized how much of an impact this song made until I hadn't played in a year and jumped back on for the first time.

And I must say, right now, I really want to play CoD4. 10 seconds of that song and I just remembered everything about the game, and I have that adrenaline rush I used to feel when I got my homework done and it was CoD4 time.
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
Video Game Music Default6
gggfrt

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:02 am

Not sure if this counts as VGM, because it's an arragement, but I though that death and saint everyone would enjoy this.

The Black Mages II - 10 - The Skies Above (FFX - To Zanarkand)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 am

gggfrt wrote:
Not sure if this counts as VGM, because it's an arragement, but I though that death and saint everyone would enjoy this.

The Black Mages II - 10 - The Skies Above (FFX - To Zanarkand)

Spoiler:

The Black Mages are pretty much the coolest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Some kind of random and awesome VGMs:

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 - Grinder

Damn this song is just so freaking awesome. It plays right when you start up the game, aside from Metroid Prime and maybe Megaman 2 it is my favorite title song of all time.

Spoiler:

Donkey Kong Country 3 GBA - Water World

This one is for Mike. I think it's underrated (unless there's a following I'm unaware of) but it is really cool and reflective.

Spoiler:

Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad

The most popular Top 100 VGM countdown I've found on YouTube places this song at #1. It is a masterpiece, but it is an acquired taste. You don't truly get the song unless you have played Final Fantasy VI and have a clear understanding of Kefka, the main villain. He is often described as the most evil villain of all time. He simply does not care. This song perfectly describes him, and as one commenter put it, it is "The Bohemian Rhaposdy of Video Game music"

In addition, it is a very long song, but if you don't like the beginning you'll notice that the song almost changes completely at 12:00.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Some kind of random and awesome VGMs:

Sonic CD (or Super Smash Bros Brawl) - Sonic Boom

If you're a sonic fan....you just know man.

Nothing better than flying through a level to this song.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Game Music
Page 1 of 1