Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MADMike
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MADMike

Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been? Empty
PostSubject: Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?   Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been? EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 3:39 am

Let's be honest, I haven't been doing much around here in quite some time. The last King's Korner was a little over a year ago, and even though we spoke about switching to a podcast type deal (Where has that been? Smooth move, MADMike), I haven't been active much.

I've used up all my legitimate excuses and now just try to find any way to convince myself I'm not doing a bad job. I am, and I'm not gonna beat myself up about it, but I am doing something about it.

October 14th, 2013 was a day that follows me even now. It was the day my grandmother passed away due to cancer and I haven't exactly been 100% since.

Up until 1-2 months before that day, I was on top of my game. Hell, I was uploading just about 5-6 videos each week. Granted, 4 of them would be The Last of Us, but nonetheless, I was doing well. COD Thursdays was on time, videos weren't delayed, and I even had some free time to play other games. When the summer was reaching its end, I started slowing down. There were other situations arising and responsibilities I had, such as taking care of my grandmother as she was sick and watching over my siblings when my parents worked. A lot of that started to eat up my free time, then eventually, my free time ate away at my work time. I would start putting videos to the side accepting that fact I was doing well, and started just playing games with others. I shouldn't have, but I also hate saying no to others when they ask to play. No matter how much of a bad time it is, I'll just let myself deal with it later on. A huge reason as to why I'm up late or rarely sleeping.

I try my best to balance out game time and video time, but it's tough. Now, I'm not asking for sympathy, that's the last thing I'm asking for, I just wanted to let everyone who's still here the details and wanted to apologize. I don't plan on letting this keep my down, and I am going to get back on track.

Eventually, we may stop the Thursday recordings, and switch to maybe a streaming setup or just take a break and get back to it when I fix my mistakes. Once I do all that, I will also be here much more often and update/converse much more frequently. I appreciate all the support you guys give and I want to thank you all for keeping up with GTAT delays, unorganized video series, and just sloppiness on my part. I never try to put anything I feel like you guys won't like, so I try to put up what I think is a good, finished video. One place I am 100% at is commentating and making the videos as enjoyable as they could be, and you guys keep me going. Even if it's just a comment or message or anything small, I take notice, and love you guys for it.

Now, I might be a bit distant for the next few months trying to get back into the groove of things, but believe me, I'm going to make sure I get back here and make sure you guys are enjoying yourselves.

If you guys have absolutely anything you need to tell me or suggestions for videos/podcasts/games, please let me know now. Take your time and give me everything that's either been on your mind or compiled about myself or 4-8 overall, and I'll get back to you as soon as I see it.

- MADMike  king 

Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been? Wwe-raw-20120214042333006
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been? Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?   Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been? EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:27 am

Hey bro, good to hear from you.

Sucks to hear about your loss, my condolences and despite you not asking for them sympathies. Everyone has a rough spell and the place hasn't been to active of late anyhow  Smile
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?   Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been? EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 12:44 pm

I was there for you then, and I'll continue to be here for you as we jump forwards.

I think it's time for both of us to get back to 100% Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?   Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been? Empty

Back to top Go down

Topic #12 - Where the fuck have you been?
Page 1 of 1