Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the 4-8Nation. 26353 posts and counting!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death's Inspirational Message of The Day

Go down 
+13
ThunderGirl
LocoCola
MADMike
lagrandesoeur101
Spray
XBUNKERFACEX
wilzoe
Bloodharbringer
gggfrt
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
Saint570
solidshark91493
death_unites_us
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

Death's Inspirational Message of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Welcome to Death's Inspirational Message of The Day! I've helped a lot of people in my life, online, face to face, even through other people. I have an outlook on life that is relatable to most and no matter what your situation I can give you at least a positive way to approach it and maybe even a solution to not only the problem but effect it has had on you.

So, let me first start off by saying this is not a topic for me to solve your problems. However, if you need help, if there's something in your life that you need to talk about with an unbiased friend, contact me. My email is death7unites7us@yahoo.com. We will find a way to communicate so that you can talk to me one on one about whatever it is, no matter what it is. Sometimes all you need is to just get it off your chest, and you will already feel better.

Having said that, any posts that are off topic and/or crude will be deleted from this topic, no exceptions. Please just stick to agreeing or disagreeing with the message of the day, and perhaps a story from your life where the message applies. You don't have to get personal here on the public forums.

Now on to my message of the day, I hope you enjoy it. And when you read these messages, do me a favor. For the few seconds that you read the message, take your time, clear your head, and really think about the words. I'm not trying to say you have to be a super affectionate person here, but if you are going to read them, do it the right way. Read them so they actually make an impact, don't just let them go in and out of your mind. Read them so they will have a place in your mind for the days to come.

Today, I returned back to school from Spring Break. Back into the daily routine of carrying books around and trying to stay awake through Calculus. But, something struck me as weird. coming from a long break, most students are very dull, very tired and very uninterested. But today people seemed more ready to learn then they ever have been! We returned today, which is a Tuesday, so it didn't have that murky "Monday" feeling. But still, it made me think a lot about something that I live by, and that is the phrase "live life to it's fullest." Ask yourself this question, how many bad days did you have last week? 3 out of 7? 5 out of 7? Was your whole week bad? Think about the first of those bad days. Is it possible that that first day ruined the rest of your week? Was it just one incident that ruined your week, or was it a multitude of things that kept packing on top of each other? Most people let a bad day turn into a bad week not knowing that they did. They have a terrible day and wake up the next morning with a bad gut feeling. Even if they don't notice it, they expect the next day to be bad. And we all know what happens when you expect a bad day to happen...well, it happens.

If you take one thing from a bad day, it should be that then next day must be better. Maybe it won't be, maybe it will, but a positive attitude in the morning will surely help the rest of the day's mood. When you have a bad day, have a bad day. There's no escaping the day your cat dies, the day you get a bad test grade, the day your ps3 breaks. But when you go to sleep, do it with the intention that you will wake up the next day ready for your good luck, ready to attack the day with a new attitude. A positive attitude doesn't just help yourself, it helps the people around you have a good attitude too. If your mother has a good attitude because you woke up happy, maybe she won't get so mad at your bad grade, or she will cut you some slack because she knows you are going through a rough time, but you are fighting to make the best of it. If nothing else, you will be personally proud of yourself for not letting little things eat away at you, and you will feel a confidence you have never felt before as you set off for your new day.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/death7unites7us
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Today...well, today I was unfortunately back stabbed by a few friends. My best friends, actually. They did exactly what they knew I didn't want them to do, and they later lied about it when all I was looking for was an honest apology. Here's a question for you: Have you ever looked for an honest apology out of somebody, knowing you would forgive them, but their response to your complaint was so unforgiving that you became even more upset with them? Well this is one of those instances for me, I was willing to forgive them, but the way they responded to my accusations was so obscure that I truly can't find it in my heart to forgive them anymore.

However, this instance does bring up a good point. A wise man once said it is important to forgive everybody and anybody who has impacted your life. Forgive is a double sided word, keep in mind. There is the forgiveness that means you are friends again, you will hang out and talk again. Then there is the spiritual side of the word. Forgiving somebody as another human being is much more difficult, much more important. It may seem absolutely impossible to forgive somebody who has only impacted your life in bad ways. An abusive father, a drunken driver, a broken love. By no means must you bring that person back into your life, but you must spiritually forgive them and know in your heart and mind that you can let go of what they have done to you forever. If you don't, you will always, always have it in the back of your mind, and it will haunt you for as long as you live. If you are having troubles forgiving somebody and you are a spiritual person, contact your church, and have them help you rid your mind of your bad memories. No matter how much time passes, the memory will still be there, and it will still affect you, until you can forgive and forget.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Today's Techno Thursday, what better time to talk about individuality?

When I say the word individuality, what do you think of? Take a second and think about that now. What is it about you that makes you an individual different than everybody? Truth is, everybody is different, we all know this. But a lot of people fall into the crowd. Do you think this is because they want to be alone, they want to be the same as everybody else. or maybe they are afraid of attention? I'm not sure of that answer, because I believe that everybody wants attention of some sort. I mean think about it, whens the last time you saw a movie where the hero didn't get attention from the rest of the cast? Everybody wants to be the hero, I think. Everybody wants to save lives, make an impact, change the world. You don't need attention to change the world, but everybody likes to be appreciated for what they can do.

When I say individuality, the word "different" jumps into my head. Yeah, I'm different. If you know me personally, you know that I am VERY different. But does that mean that I am an individual, different from everybody else? Or does it mean I'm just craving attention to cover up my need to be the same, to understand things like everybody else does? There is more to individuality than just being different. In fact, you don't have to be different at all. All you need to do is love yourself for who you are. Yeah, sounds cheesy, but if you don't appreciate yourself, you will never appreciate attention from others. You will be stuck trying to get attention, but never knowing what to do with it once you get it. To be an individual, you must know who you are, what you want to do, and how you will personally influence others. And remember, you don't have to be a hero to influence the world, all you have to do is be yourself and you've already changed it.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 pm

Today...today I let myself down.

I have always been somebody who isn't afraid to tell anybody what is needed to be said. If I have an opinion, I don't just say it, I yell it. I make sure that everybody knows my place so there is no confusion and no misunderstandings.

But recently, I have been scared. Scared of a problem I personally have, that only takes time and dedication to fix. So far, I've done good, I haven't lost my mind, I haven't caved in. But, I'm terrified inside. Not only terrified of giving up, but sadly I am terrified to tell my best friend about my problem.

I had the perfect time to tell him tonight, and I didn't tell him. I couldn't form the words, I was too scared.

I just want to tell you, don't make my same mistake. Yeah, you might be too scared, like me, and just not be able to tell them. But if you can pick yourself up and just say what you need to say, I promise you will feel better, and things will end up for the better. And if you don't, what you need to say won't just go away, in fact it will get worse. So, just swallow your fear and say it.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:10 am

Today I watched "Where The Wild Things Are" for the second time. If you haven't seen this movie, and even if you don't think you will like it, I recommend that you see it at least once. It's not so much of a movie as it is a reminder. A reminder of something that we all have and we all lose. Even the slightest thought of it brings back an overflow of memories. Something that can never be taken away from us, even thuogh we will never have it again: Our childhood.

Think back when you were little. I know, it's hard to remember everything, but it's up there in your head somewhere. Don't just think about the actual activities you took part in, but your actual mindset. Everything was about freedom. You would look at something so plain, so boring, and in your mind make it whatever you wanted it to be. A trip to the store was an adventure into an unknown land. Everything was just so...simple. Everything has to be complicated now. Everytime something happens, what goes through our heads? "What will people think?" "What should I have done?" "What's going to happen now?" When we were little, none of that mattered. Things happened, and they caused other things to happen. That was it. I wish I could step back into the mindset of my childhood. Nothing was ever bad for more than a day, back then. Something broke, we cried, we got up the next day and that broken thing was gone and we had new things to do, new places to explore. When people were sad, we got sad. But then what did we do? We tried to cheer them up, so we would stop being sad because they were sad. What happened to those days? Now somebody is sad and it ruins our week. We see them, and we think of the sadness. When we were kids, we only saw the good in things. That's the way it should be now, and forever. Just see the good in things, and the bad, it won't matter anymore.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:01 am

Today I became very stressed with a lot of things, and I nearly exploded on somebody I love. Too many problems, too little time. Being overwhelmed by things doesn't just multiply your emotions but it makes it so much harder to deal with anything. The more problems you have, the harder it is to deal with just one problem.

If you feel that you are overwhelmed, a wise man once said you should make a list. Write down everything you have to do, all the problems you have to deal with, all the things you have to support. Take this list, and order it, most important things at the top and least important at the bottom. Then, start erasing things from the bottom. It will be hard, I promise you, because chances are you will only write down things that are important to you. But if you can just erase a few things from your list, it will be so much easier to just focus on one problem at a time. And when you do go to fix problems, remember to fix one at a time. And remember to only deal with what you actually can solve. Nobody here can solve every problem in the world, but there is always something you can do to make your everyday a little easier to live.
Back to top Go down
solidshark91493
4-8Fan
4-8Fan
solidshark91493

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 pm

What he says is true.. very much so.. btw death.. do you constantly get bashed for listening to techno..? because I do.. and Ive had many of these problems so I can kind of relate..
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Death's Inspirational Message of The Day Default6
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:52 pm

solidshark91493 wrote:
What he says is true.. very much so.. btw death.. do you constantly get bashed for listening to techno..? because I do.. and Ive had many of these problems so I can kind of relate..

lolidbark, we may dislike each other but i'm not risking getting banned. and to reply to this comment its the exact opposite where i live Razz
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 pm

solidshark91493 wrote:

No I do not. I don't allow people to bash me for anything I personally choose to do, and you shouldn't either. I am known for the kid who does what he wants and doesn't any bashing from anybody. I promote this lifestyle, but it's hard to be this way without sounding like a jerk at the same time. Accept other people beliefs, and you will find they will accept yours.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Today somebody told me "Life; It's so hard sometimes." I think it is safe to say that life is hard for all of us, no matter who you are. But, I've been thinking. We complain about life being hard all the time, but without the difficulties of the everyday, what would life be? Without the hardships of life, the good things wouldn't stick out in our minds so much. It's hard to appreciate the good without taking into account all of the bad.

And you know, life doesn't exist to be easy. No matter what you believe in, we are here for a reason. We aren't here to live easy lives. We are here to be strong, make it through everything life can throw at us, and when the dust settles we will all be strong willed human beings. We will know what life has to offer and we will have everything figured out, all the answers we need, all the experiences we have ever wanted. So, yeah, life can be hard. But remember, the hardest parts of your life will only make you stronger, and when you finally escape with your head still intact you will realize that you are ready for anything. So when the bad comes, just stay positive and get through it, and never let yourself think it will never end, because I promise it will. Good is always on the horizon, but you will never see it if you never step outside.
Back to top Go down
Saint570
"AKA Screen Name"
Saint570

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 pm

death_unites_us wrote:
solidshark91493 wrote:

No I do not. I don't allow people to bash me for anything I personally choose to do, and you shouldn't either. I am known for the kid who does what he wants and doesn't any bashing from anybody. I promote this lifestyle, but it's hard to be this way without sounding like a jerk at the same time. Accept other people beliefs, and you will find they will accept yours.

that coulda been todays message itself. double win for you.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Today, I'm going to get religious.

Now keep in mind, I am not that religious of a person. I am Christian, I am not extremely active in the faith but I know what I am and who I am. I'm not here to force my views on anybody, and if you feel you will be offended you can stop reading and I won't have a hissy fit.

Today somebody told me that God doesn't make miracles happen, instead he gives us the ability to make them happen. This struck a chord with me. It's an interesting concept to think about. Some people will admit to being saved by God by asking for a miracle and receiving it. But we all know that miracles don't just happen when you ask for them. So what is it that makes miracles happen? Is it luck? Does God pick and choose who gets a break and who suffers? I don't believe he does, but until now I've always wondered why some people get the long stick and others draw the short.

Well think of this; When you pray to God, do you feel more confident in yourself? Do you feel like the miracle is going to happen? Or do you pray in last resort and really don't feel like it's going to do anything? Remember when I said before, when you feel confident about something, it is more likely to happen. Not because of chance or luck, but because you will envision it in your head and do whatever it takes to meet your goal. When some people pray to God, they feel more confident in a rightful result, therefor it is more likely to happen.

So, maybe God doesn't make all miracles happen. He gives us the experiences, the tools, and the confidence to do what we will in life and from that we should be able to make our own miracles happen. So many people don't use these gifts in the best way they can, and those people aren't awarded with miracles. However, I promise you if you use what God gave you in the best way you can, you will not only shine in your life but life will shine for you.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Today I had one of those days that is just nothing but bad news. Everybody you talk to has bad news, everything that happens to you is bad news, nothing at all goes good. And you know, it's hard to write an inspirational message when I barely want to even communicate. I really just want to sleep this day away.

But you know, it's days like these that it is most important to pick ourselves up and be positive. Positive things are around the corner, and we know that, but we are too drowned in our sorrow to realize we are ruining every second that passes until something good happens. Not only that, but a bad day will turn into a bad day for everybody else. Your family, who has to deal with you, your friends, who know you aren't acting right, and the other people around you, who may need your help or need your guidance, but you are too buried in sadness to bother helping other people.

Don't get me wrong here. We are all human, and we will all be sad mad and upset sometimes. But when you are looking down at the ground with no real place to turn, think about your affect on other people. Think about hard it is for the people you love to look at you in your saddest state. Sure, you won't be super happy after something bad affects your life, but at the same time the only thing a bad attitude will give you is a bad rep with your family and friends and a harder tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Today was the mope day. The day after the bad day where everybody tried to get everybody else to notice their sadness to get attention. They want people to feel bad for them so the healing can start, so they can find somebody who will help them through their rough time. And usually, it works.

But all bad ideas set aside, today showed me the true power of laughter. I came to school not wanted to talk to anybody, because honestly I was upset and wasn't going to all of a sudden be happy. I'm still upset now. But, my entire day that should have been miserable turned out to be amazing because my best friend, who was also having a miserable day, could not wipe the stupid smile off my face. Everytime I tried to return to my day of solitude he would make me laugh, which made me crack a joke, which made him laugh. Without having to say anything about our problems, we were still there for each other through laughter. We both knew that on the inside we were hurt beyond belief, but we wouldn't let that come between us just having fun on a regular basis. So, if you are feeling down, and you don't want to talk to anybody, that's okay. But hopefully you have an amazing friend like mine who will take time out of their day to make you feel better, and at the same time you can be that person right back to them. You can make them smile, when they realize that they have truly helped you get through the day. Appreciate the help that is given to you, and you will not only make yourself feel better but you will make your friend feel better too.

Last edited by death_unites_us on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:14 pm

comments got deleted 0_o
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Xo0OJOEYO0oX wrote:
comments got deleted 0_o

Because they were comments like that
Back to top Go down
Xo0OJOEYO0oX
"Panda"

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:00 pm

i know i know sozel for that comment
Back to top Go down
http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:55 am

Today you'll have to cut me some slack because I am TIRED. Long week. Really long week.

The saddest thing about this week, and there's been a lot of sad things this week, was seeing an amazing relationship die. My best friend and his girl were inseparable, and they've been together for nearly a year and a half. There were problems, and to be honest, I was starting to get sick of their problems. But, there was something about them, something that told me that no matter what, they would be together. But, then it ended, and the sad part about it is she is ADDICTED to him. He can move on, eventually, and life will be good, and even now he's starting to feel better about the situation.

But she, she is falling apart more and more everyday. I knew it would be this way, because she can't live without him. He was literally her everything. Everything from her best friend to her love to her support to even physical things like his house is her parking spot to school and he would get her lunch everyday at school. Without him, she is falling apart mentally AND physically. Of course, she has taken out this aggression on me, and it's pissed me off, but I guess I have to cut her slack. It's hard to, because of the *censored* I've been going through, but I suppose there's not much I can do about that. Moral of the story: Don't let your problems or your friend's problems get in-between your relationship with them. Friends are supposed to be there through bad and good, not just stick around for the good and bail when things turn bad. Be a good friend.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Missed yesterday, my bad.

Today I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what I want to do. Ever have one of these days? You just sit around, not knowing what you want to do today, or even the rest of the week? Well, I like to use these days. When I have a day like this I use it to organize things, do things that I never want to do any other day of the month. I do schoolwork ahead of time, clean up around the house, count my money, fill my car up with gas, ect. I mean, sounds like a horribly boring day, but I knew from the moment I woke up that it would be a boring day, and I'll get a LOT of stuff done this way. And while you are doing boring tasks, it gives you a chance to reflect, and think about what you want to do for the rest of the week.

Try it sometime Smile
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Today was hell. Today was beyond hell. Today was beyond words.

Isolation is the word of the day. I can't stand the people around me anymore, it's gotten to the point where I can't even look at them anymore. I was forced to be with all the people I don't want to be around today. All day. And it was absolutely awful.

There is one thing that I do want to say though. On our field trip we went to a park. While we were walking on the trail, I slipped away for a few moments. I walked through some trees, climbed up some rocks, and sat over a cliff. I sat there, trying to reflect, trying to make myself feel better about everything. But nothing came. It was a truly beautiful moment, the kind of moment that makes people forget about their worries and just move on. But that didn't happen to me today. It's happened too many times, and I can't even isolate myself from my problems anymore. Maybe this means it's time to act. Maybe this means it's time to completely get rid of the problems, instead of trying to solve them. Whatever the case, I'm glad I took that climb.
Back to top Go down
gggfrt
"gg"
gggfrt

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 pm

death_unites_us wrote:

count my money
cha-ching
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Today was a brighter day. Not saying much since the past week has been so dark, but hey why not take advantage of the good day while I have it?

Greatest part about today: I sorted things out with a friend of mine who was angry at me. I had a decision, either let her know what was really up and she would continue to be mad at me, or I could pretend things were good, say my apologies and we could be friends again. At first, I chose to just go her way and tell her I was sorry without attacking her at all. But at the end I told her what was really bothering me, and it ended up working out in the end. She saw my point of view, one thing she is really good at, and figured she would apologize and move on as well. So all's well that ends well.

My message to you is this: do you have a friend that you are holding a grudge against? Did they do something to you so awful that you really can't see yourself forgiving them? Let me ask you this: Do you want to be their friend? Do you miss being their friend? If you miss them, don't let a grudge break the friendship. I think that is truly a test of friendship, if you are so amazingly mad at them that you feel you could never be their friend again, but deep in your heart you do truly miss them, there must be something there that can rekindle your friendship. Sometimes people make mistakes, you have to look past them if you want to ever be their friend again.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Today lets talk about decisions.

We all make decisions everyday. What breakfast cereal should I choose? Should I text this person or not? Should I study for this test?

So what do the teachers, the speakers, the adults, what do they always tell you? It's like a broken record, "Think about the consequences! Think about the consequences! Think about the consequences!" We always just say yeah right and continue with our day, but sometimes, you really do need to think about the consequences to some decisions.

I sound like I'm preaching, so let me just give you an example. Breakfast cereal probably won't effect the rest of your day much. But choosing to eat breakfast, does. If you don't eat breakfast in the morning, think about all the time you DO have in the morning. You could easily get up 10 minutes earlier and eat breakfast, and that 10 minutes of sleep probably won't kill you. And what about exercising? Think about how much more active you could be if you ate breakfast and exercised 5 days, or even 1 day out of the week!

Yes, that example is stupid. But think about how you are managing you time. Are there better things you could be doing? Remember, you have infinite possibilities, but you only have about 550,000 more hours to live. Make it count Wink
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Today is Techno Thursday! And I thought now would be a good day to explain to you guys how Techno Thursday started.

Well, it was about 10 months ago. I was going through some very, very rough times. During those times, I turned to a band called LostProphets, who are still my favorite band to this day. But also, I started to turn to techno. It started with trance, a few songs by a guy named Sanxion7. Then, most likely the worst part of my life, hit, and my interest went to rave techno. Rave is still my favorite type of techno, but it means a lot to me emotionally as well. During the last stages of my depression I listened to hardstyle, and one of the most memorable songs from that era was a remix of Zombie I own, the same one I used in that video I made when I finished 11th grade.

But Techno Thursday truly started with a single song. That song is One More Time, by Daft Punk. During the worst of the worst, that song inspired me. One more time, I would keep telling myself. I knew every word and every beat to that song, and I listened to it constantly, over and over again. After everything was over, I told myself I would religiously listen to techno every Thursday from then on, so that even if that week was a terrible week, my spirits could once again be lifted by the sounds of techno. And 10 months later, I can honestly say no matter how awful my week was, every week since then I have been happier on Thursday then any other day of the week.
Back to top Go down
death_unites_us
The Founder of 4-8
The Founder of 4-8
death_unites_us

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Today I'm happy, because 17 is my lucky number! This must be my lucky Inspirational Message of The Day!

Well, it really is my lucky day, because my grandfather on my father's side had a stroke yesterday, and today he's in the hospital but doing well. I am very, very happy that he is hanging in there and staying with us, and it really motivates me to get up and do something with my life every time I see a life nearly taken away. The hardest part of the ordeal was talking to my cousin, who was there when it happened. It's really hard to calm somebody down who is just genuinely worried about a loved one. I mean, what else is there to say other than "He'll be okay." and "Don't worry." I always know what to say, and even I couldn't find my self saying anything really productive. I think the best thing to do is to just be there for them. Even if you don't know what to say, even if you can't say anything because you are heartbroken as well, just be there for them and comfort them. Just be a sponge and listen to what they need to get off their chest, and I promise they'll feel at least a little better. And so will you, if you just get out what is bothering you, a lot of the stress will go with your words. And please think positive, thinking negative will only make things worse for you and your family surrounding you. Keep your integrity, and keep your smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death's Inspirational Message of The Day   Death's Inspirational Message of The Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Death's Inspirational Message of The Day
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next